Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 07-16-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
babybulls85
I brick open layups

babybulls85 has an OK reputation so far
Default Posey is a Hornet

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3492206

4 yrs 25 million, your defense is going to be amazing next year
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Posey is a Hornet

They gave up on Julian already?
anyways great signing D and 3's :)
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

D*mn, I've been running to so many boards I thought I had posted this already here. Signing Posey doesn't mean they've given up on Julian. I don't see a reason Julian and Posey can't play together. Posey will either challenge Mo for the starting spot or come off the bench and play with Julian. This fills a hole for the Hornets but now they could still use another point guard and another big man. They may re-sign Pargo and then maybe get a big for the vet minimum.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Sometimes their lineups could look like this...

PG - Paul
SG - Pargo
SF - Wright
PF - Posey
C -Chandler

OR

C - Chandler
PF - West/Armstrong
SF - Posey
SG - J.Wright
PG - Paul

And Peja will be in there somewhere.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:47 AM   #5
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Posey would play gaurd better than Wright. Now that I think about it Posey should start SG...

Paul
Posey
Peja
West
Chandler

Pargo
Peterson
Wright
Butler
Old 07-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #6
Copperhead
Local High School Star

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...7 23&n8pe6c=2
Old 07-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #7
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Winning shot. Who do you give it to? Peja or Posey?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #8
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nice pickup guys. He will fit in great with the Hornets
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:30 AM   #9
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
Winning shot. Who do you give it to? Peja or Posey?
Peja
Old 07-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Posey should be introduced as a Hornet sometime this week.

Quote:
Look for James Posey to be formally introduced as a member of the New Orleans Hornets by the middle of next week. But don't look for me to join the chorus of concern that the Hornets overextended themselves to sign the 31-year-old to a four-year deal worth about $25 million. I love the move.

I can't deny that I was not-so-secretly expecting owner George Shinn to make his checkbook hard to find after the Hornets re-signed Paul to a max contract extension earlier this month. But showing an immediate willingness to spend some more to get Posey as the lead acquisition to address their leadership and depth shortcomings suggests that Shinn isn't satisfied with one breakthrough season.

The Hornets were forever known as nonspenders. Since Paul came into their lives with the fourth overall pick in 2005, Shinn has been spending like he has some ambition, enabling general manager Jeff Bower to gradually assemble the West's new darlings. Isn't this Shinn better than his predecessor?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...A-Notes-080719
Old 07-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #11
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Peja

Yeah, that's who I think I'd go with too.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:55 AM   #12
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Bulls2333 has decent reputation

The Hornets will make the finals this year. I'm pulling for you guys on the West.
Bulls2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls2333
The Hornets will make the finals this year. I'm pulling for you guys on the West.

Thanks Bulls2333. Don't know if that will happen but it sure as heck would be great.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #14
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Scott likes options N.O. has with Posey

James Posey signed a four-year, $25 million contract during free agency to join the Hornets, but that doesn't mean he'll enter training camp ahead of incumbent Morris Peterson at shooting guard.

However, that could change during the course of the season, according to Coach Byron Scott. Posey, a key contributor to the Boston Celtics' first NBA title in 22 years last season and to the Miami Heat's championship run in 2006, formally was introduced by the franchise Wednesday.

Posey, a 6-foot-8 swingman, gives Scott and the Hornets plenty of options with his versatility.

"I just think James can play three positions (shooting guard, small forward and power forward)," Scott said. "Offensively, he just doesn't make mistakes. He takes great shots and does all the things he can do, and he doesn't try to go overboard. But that's what you get when you have a veteran guy.

"Right now, we're looking at him as our sixth man, probably our first guy off the bench. We're fortunate and very blessed to have him. You look at his track record, he's won everywhere he's been. I think we are a better basketball team."

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/inde...820.xml&coll=1

Last edited by Copperhead : 07-28-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #15
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

^^ repped keep up the good moding!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: