Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Sixers/Iguodala Begin Contract Negotiations

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/spor..._Iguodala.html

Quote:
The next step in Eddie Stefanski's blueprint for the 2008-09 76ers is already in play.
That happened when the Sixers' president/general manager met Tuesday in Las Vegas with Rob Pelinka, the agent for Sixers restricted free agent Andre Iguodala.

Reached via cell phone, Stefanski would not say whether he had tendered an offer for Iguodala, who yesterday was formally named to the 10-man Select Team that will train, practice and scrimmage with the U.S. Olympic team before it leaves for Beijing.

"This was a first meeting," Stefanski said, declining to offer any other details.

He described Iguodala's inclusion on the Select Team roster as "terrific, great, an honor for him."

He has said repeatedly that his intention is to re-sign Iguodala and restricted free-agent guard Lou Williams. He was also consistent in keeping both players informed as he pursued an impact free agent from elsewhere in the NBA, which ultimately turned out to be Elton Brand.

Brand, leaving the Los Angeles Clippers as an unrestricted free agent, signed a 5-year contract worth $79.8 million. Iguodala rejected an in-season offer of a 5-year extension worth slightly more than $57 million.

Stefanski said the order of offseason business has been "very normal." As he continues negotiating with Pelinka, it is likely that he will also meet with Merle Scott, the agent for Williams, in the next couple of days. Scott, who has had telephone conversations with Stefanski, was en route to Las Vegas yesterday afternoon.

In the same vein, Stefanski has kept coach Maurice Cheeks updated on all developments. Stefanski said he has spoken with Cheeks' agent concerning the possibility of a contract extension on top of the 1 year that was added to Cheeks' deal during the season.

"We've had so many situations," Stefanski said. "We're proceeding normally."

One situation that emerged yesterday involved the dismissal of Sixers center Samuel Dalembert from the Canadian National Team.

"I can't comment on that because I haven't talked to Sam," Stefanski said. "I don't know anything."

The Sixers were supportive of Dalembert's efforts to gain Canadian citizenship and to play for his adopted country in an attempt to qualify for the Beijing Olympics, but they are likely just as happy to know that their center - who appeared in all 82 regular-season games last season - will now have some time to rest before training camp.

Six shots

In a complicated bit of league-permitted bookkeeping, the Sixers made sure they had sufficient room to sign Elton Brand by renouncing their rights to unrestricted free agent Kevin Ollie and restricted free agents Shavlik Randolph, Herbert Hill and Louis Amundson. They are also paying the salary of Calvin Booth and about two-thirds of the salary of Rodney Carney, traded to Minnesota in another move to create cap space . . . The Select Team roster includes LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland; Kevin Durant and Jeff Green, Oklahoma City; Luther Head, Houston; Al Horford, Atlanta; Kevin Martin, Sacramento; O.J. Mayo, Memphis; Derrick Rose, Chicago; and Rodney Stuckey, Detroit . . . Marreese Speights and Jason Smith had 24 points each as the Sixers beat Washington, 86-72, in a Las Vegas summer league game last night. Former Drexel star Frank Elegar had two rebounds in 8 minutes for the Wizards. *
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Sixers/Iguodala Begin Contract Negotiations

I hope he low balls his ass.

Iggy didn't deserve the $57M he turned down.

I know alot of you guys are high on him but I still wouldn't mind a sign-and-trade with him for someone like Rip Hamilton.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42

I know alot of you guys are high on him but I still wouldn't mind a sign-and-trade with him for someone like Rip Hamilton.
When you do sign and trade, teams are always going to give you lowball offers. Rip Hamilton wouldn't ever happen. When you use sign and trade, the salaries only have to match within 50% instead of the usual 15%. The team signing and trading the player never gets equal value.

Didn't Seattle only receive a 2nd round pick in the Rashard Lewis sign and trade?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42

True he wasn't deserving of the 57mil that was currently offered to him. With that previous offer given to him than there is no way it can be less. You can't low ball him with 57mi already offered. Negotiations will start at 57mil it may go up or it may just stay the same those are the only two scenarios I can see happening. I think at this point Sixers fans should just hope it stays at 57mil or 60mil in worst case scenario.

Last edited by 76ers4life : 07-18-2008 at 01:32 PM.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #5
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
When you do sign and trade, teams are always going to give you lowball offers. Rip Hamilton wouldn't ever happen. When you use sign and trade, the salaries only have to match within 50% instead of the usual 15%. The team signing and trading the player never gets equal value.

Didn't Seattle only receive a 2nd round pick in the Rashard Lewis sign and trade?
True.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:34 PM   #6
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

he'll prolly get the exact same offer of 5 years 57 mil. and this time he will have to sign.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #7
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
he'll prolly get the exact same offer of 5 years 57 mil. and this time he will have to sign.
Or he could sign the one year offer and become an unrestricted free agent next season. With the addition of Brand he will sign he would be stupid not to sign. It's pretty much a done deal i'm pretty sure if a team thought he was worth a big deal than one would have been on the table with GS or LA.

Last edited by 76ers4life : 07-18-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

$57mil 5yrs should be the max. Sixers shouldnt go over it. Give him a deal similar to Kevin Martin in Sac. 5yrs $55mil. Anything more is overpaying.

5yrs $55mil with a player option in the 5th year...so if he by chance improves his game even more? He can opt out and get what he think he deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ers4life
Or he could sign the one year offer and become an unrestricted free agent next season.

Thats an even worst option than him turning down the $57mil last year.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:46 AM   #9
Californiafan
I brick open layups

Californiafan has an OK reputation so far

It's been a little over a week since we read that negotiations were happening between the team and Williams and Iggy on new contracts. In the meantime the team has signed another player. I am quite anxious to read soon about Williams and Iggy being signed to contracts. I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait?
Californiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #10
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiafan
It's been a little over a week since we read that negotiations were happening between the team and Williams and Iggy on new contracts. In the meantime the team has signed another player. I am quite anxious to read soon about Williams and Iggy being signed to contracts. I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait?
not really a concern, memphis is the only team with cap space and theyd rather get rid of more salary than add to it. sixers can take their time.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: