Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
Salami_N_Cheese
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Salami_N_Cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 34
Salami_N_Cheese has an OK reputation so far
Default Where is the Moon Man???

I was just wondering why isn't Jamario Moon playing in the summer league. Sure he had a solid rookie season averaging 8ppg and 6 boards but rookies who have posted better numbers than him are still playing. Al Thornton and Jeff Green to name a couple.

Anyone know of J-Moon's offseason plans???

I think playing on the summer league team would not hurt at all. Being a leader to some rookies and some NBA hopefuls as well as being able to work on his game can only help. Plus I am sure they can use another scorer other than Joey Graham on the team haha....not that wins in the summer count.

I just hope he is playing somewhere or working out somewhere. I expect him to improve from last year. At the very LEAST 12 ppg and 6-7 boards if he starts. Very attainable if he drove to the hole more instead of playing "reggie miller".

The raps are out of money to sign significant players so they have to rely on internal development to better their team. So everyone on that roster must be doing everything they can to improve their games if they are serious about making a serious run during this mini O'neal era.
Salami_N_Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
The Bynuminator
I brick open layups
 
The Bynuminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Beneath the Numerator
Posts: 117
The Bynuminator has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Where is the Moon Man???

Quote:
Where is the Moon Man???

He was here in New Brunswick last weekend, so there's your answer right there.
The Bynuminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona
 
T.O.RAPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,242
T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board
Default Re: Where is the Moon Man???

Contract season for em, hope like you said he attacks the basket more often...
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #4
Sekman
Great young streetballer
 
Sekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 525
Sekman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Where is the Moon Man???

The guy makes only $700K a year man.. give him a break...

He's an employee of the Raptors.. well deserved vacation for him.
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
SD Sports Guy
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 75
SD Sports Guy has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Where is the Moon Man???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_N_Cheese
I was just wondering why isn't Jamario Moon playing in the summer league. Sure he had a solid rookie season averaging 8ppg and 6 boards but rookies who have posted better numbers than him are still playing. Al Thornton and Jeff Green to name a couple.

Anyone know of J-Moon's offseason plans???

I think playing on the summer league team would not hurt at all. Being a leader to some rookies and some NBA hopefuls as well as being able to work on his game can only help. Plus I am sure they can use another scorer other than Joey Graham on the team haha....not that wins in the summer count.

I just hope he is playing somewhere or working out somewhere. I expect him to improve from last year. At the very LEAST 12 ppg and 6-7 boards if he starts. Very attainable if he drove to the hole more instead of playing "reggie miller".

The raps are out of money to sign significant players so they have to rely on internal development to better their team. So everyone on that roster must be doing everything they can to improve their games if they are serious about making a serious run during this mini O'neal era.



Those stats (12 and 7 along with 2 blks/2 stls) are very attainable if he can log consistent minutes. Raptor fans: Why does Sam Mitchell jerk with his minutes so much? One night it's 41 minutes, the next it's 22 and then two nights later he plays 18. It's ridiculous! I'm sure JM is grateful that Mitchell gave him a shot in the league, but he may bolt Toronto for more $ and consistent minutes if Mitchell does the same kind of crap next season.
SD Sports Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:00 AM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,659
RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Where is the Moon Man???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
The guy makes only $700K a year man.. give him a break...

He's an employee of the Raptors.. well deserved vacation for him.

Couldn't he have been vacationing the last month or two?

He was essentially a 'walk on' who put up some ok stats but has a ton of work to do on the offensive end. He should be playing too.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #7
bluerap
Local High School Star
 
bluerap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,012
bluerap has decent reputation
Default Re: Where is the Moon Man???

actually the raptors wanted jamario to take the summer off from basketball (or at least a good chunk of it). The reason is that he has been playing or practicing almost every day for the past 4 years. Because he was playing in these smaller leagues he had to in order to make any money. He would play in summer leagues, with the globetrotters, whatever he could do.
Of course playing in those leagues doesn't put the type of strain as the nba on the body. so i think the raptors wanted him to come into camp with a well rested body. who knows what he'll be capable of because we've never seen him rested. I still maintain that jamario has the ability to improve a lot this season and become a very very good sf. a poor man's gerald wallace perhaps. this is why i'd like the raptors to look at upgrading the 2g. I feel pretty good about moon/kapono. if we could get mike miller, or kevin martin or francisco garcia i would be very pleased.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
Salami_N_Cheese
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Salami_N_Cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 34
Salami_N_Cheese has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Where is the Moon Man???

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bynuminator
He was here in New Brunswick last weekend, so there's your answer right there.

For the NBA 3 on 3 tour? maybe that's his summer league and offseason training...playing 3 on 3 across Canada haha

But all kidding aside I agree he needs the rest. But summer league is only 5 games that are shorter by 8 minutes. Its only 2 weeks in Vegas and the rest of the summer he can rest and workout wherever he lives.
Salami_N_Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #9
the truth
...since 95
 
the truth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
the truth has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Where is the Moon Man???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
actually the raptors wanted jamario to take the summer off from basketball (or at least a good chunk of it). The reason is that he has been playing or practicing almost every day for the past 4 years. Because he was playing in these smaller leagues he had to in order to make any money. He would play in summer leagues, with the globetrotters, whatever he could do.
Of course playing in those leagues doesn't put the type of strain as the nba on the body. so i think the raptors wanted him to come into camp with a well rested body. who knows what he'll be capable of because we've never seen him rested. I still maintain that jamario has the ability to improve a lot this season and become a very very good sf. a poor man's gerald wallace perhaps. this is why i'd like the raptors to look at upgrading the 2g. I feel pretty good about moon/kapono. if we could get mike miller, or kevin martin or francisco garcia i would be very pleased.

Yes, Garcia would be perfect. Dont know his contract situation or the chances of him fitting in financially, but his game is well rounded and he's just waiting to break out with some consistent minutes. Very under-rated. Go get him BC!
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #10
bballnoob
Decent college freshman
 
bballnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,921
bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Where is the Moon Man???

Garcia is very difficult to attain individually because of his small contract and the Kings are probably dealing Artest hence a spot opening up for him to get more minutes. Sacramento would be mental to give him up for any of the garbage we would offer.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #11
new noise
madvillain
 
new noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,481
new noise has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Where is the Moon Man???

Jamario was on our morning show here at the station I work at, Fan 960 in Calgary.

He's good sh*t, super down to earth and humble as you'd expect given his path to the NBA.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy