Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #16
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,018
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
He's never demanded a trade until last week,he never expressed any desire to play in any other market except for saying one day he'd like to play for his hometown Knicks.
you need to go back through the archives of the Bee. he has repeatedly said **** like "they'd be better off to just trade me" and other **** indicating his unhappiness with his situation there. not exactly a trade demand, but certainly not helpful

you are really reaching in this thread.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #17
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,256
Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Didn't Artest also get a job at Circuit City in Chicago town? and I think he threatened Bonzi Wells to resign with the Kings or else he was going to kill him.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #18
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
he doesnt have a second career in music get real. if he werent a ball player, the 15 people who bought his album wouldnt have even heard of it. name me one successful thing he's done in the music industry?
Name me another NBA player outside of Shaq who's album actually sold more than 200 copies or was even released?

And in all seriousness his CD was actually decent,good production on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
and really, you dont have a problem with him coming up in the middle of the nba season and demanding a month off? well, kaman has a new restaurant hes getting off the ground, so hes gonna have to miss at least 3 weeks of games.
1/2 of the injuries players "suffer" are exaggerated by them and if Kaman wanted to he could've taken 3 weeks off using a sprained thumb as an excuse,but it's all about timing.
If Artest asked for 3 weeks off while the team was actually contending then it would be stupid but he asked for 3 weeks off at the start of the season and with any other GM(Pat Riley,Isiah,etc) they would've allowed him to do it with the label of him being injured due to Injury Here
Larry Bird is old fashioned and wouldn't let it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
so if the lakers get him and he decides in november that he needs a couple of weeks off to promote another album on his label, you'd be ok with that?
If's arent real so I wont answer that.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #19
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Didn't Artest also get a job at Circuit City in Chicago town? and I think he threatened Bonzi Wells to resign with the Kings or else he was going to kill him.
Yeah he did but once again word are taken out of context.

I've said before I'm going to kill someone if they do something,that doesn't mean im literally going to murder them it's a figure of speech.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #20
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,018
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
That's far from stupid,he keeps his name out there to try and develop interest to him.

He's representing himself as his own agent if you don't know.
then why does he acknowledge it wasnt the smartest decision?

After reading on ESPN.com that Ron Artest was planning to represent himself as "my own agent," Artest's long-standing agent Mark Stevens demonstrated that he still has some sway over the mercurial forward. Stevens this week convinced Artest to "get out the media," in Ron-Ron's words, and at least temporarily avoid interviews after a series of e-mails in which Artest voiced his loudest frustrations to date about passing on the chance to opt out of the final year of his Sacramento Kings contract before July 1 and become an unrestricted free agent.
from http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...t&lid=tab5pos2

and yes ****nuts, i know hes trying to be his own agent. thats yet another indication of what a dumbass he is. whens the last time that worked? there is a reason why lawyers are involved in modern contract negotiations.

and really, you honestly think this is the first time he has tried to get traded and used the media to do it? you either have a very short memory or are very very dumb.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #21
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
you need to go back through the archives of the Bee. he has repeatedly said **** like "they'd be better off to just trade me" and other **** indicating his unhappiness with his situation there. not exactly a trade demand, but certainly not helpful

you are really reaching in this thread.
I don't have to go look through The Bee if im wrong prove to me im wrong and show me legit proof he said that instead of basing it off speculation from the multiple losers who make up news on ISH.

Find me legit proof with "" marks around a statement he said about wanting to play elsewhere or demanding a trade during the season.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #22
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,263
Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
He missed 7 games for his domestic charge in early 2007,7 meaningless games at the start of the season.
The amount of games he missed isn't important, the fact that he beat a women is the issue. That alone shows he has some problems.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #23
Sharas
Great college starter
 
Sharas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: B&H
Posts: 3,126
Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
he asked for 3 weeks off at the start of the season and with any other GM(Pat Riley,Isiah,etc) they would've allowed him to do it with the label of him being injured due to Injury Here
Larry Bird is old fashioned and wouldn't let it happen.



you seriously think pat riley allows his second best player on the team to skip the three weeks of the season for the reason of promoting the album? seriously? or any other GM for that part? or you maybe consider that acceptable behavior when you're getting paid millions a year to play?

this is getting beyond retarded. i don't know why am i still answering.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #24
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,018
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Name me another NBA player outside of Shaq who's album actually sold more than 200 copies or was even released?

And in all seriousness his CD was actually decent,good production on it.
he sold 1 copy his first week. webber at least approached 1000 (actually ~800) in the first week. regardless of whether he sold more or less albums than other nba players, are you seriously saying that he has a successful second career in music? its a hobby that he can promote because he is rich due to bball.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #25
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,018
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
.


If's arent real so I wont answer that.
so pretend you are a pacers fan when it happened. thats real. are you ok with it now?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #26
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
then why does he acknowledge it wasnt the smartest decision?

After reading on ESPN.com that Ron Artest was planning to represent himself as "my own agent," Artest's long-standing agent Mark Stevens demonstrated that he still has some sway over the mercurial forward. Stevens this week convinced Artest to "get out the media," in Ron-Ron's words, and at least temporarily avoid interviews after a series of e-mails in which Artest voiced his loudest frustrations to date about passing on the chance to opt out of the final year of his Sacramento Kings contract before July 1 and become an unrestricted free agent.
from http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...t&lid=tab5pos2

and yes ****nuts, i know hes trying to be his own agent. thats yet another indication of what a dumbass he is. whens the last time that worked? there is a reason why lawyers are involved in modern contract negotiations.

and really, you honestly think this is the first time he has tried to get traded and used the media to do it? you either have a very short memory or are very very dumb.
Are you ****ing kidding me?

Artest isn't a marketing machine like LeBron James and others in which he's constantly being offered endorsement deals that have small print in the contracts that need to be reviewed before accepting.

His only endorsement deal to date is from some French sneaker company.

Have you ever negotiated a contract,have you ever been to court and worked out a plea deal?

Lawyers are present to only give you their opinion and play both sides of the situation by telling you the positives & negatives and they're happy either way because they are getting paid out of it.

If you're able to reason yourself the positives & negatives then you could represent yourself when coming to NBA contracts.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:27 AM   #27
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
The amount of games he missed isn't important, the fact that he beat a women is the issue. That alone shows he has some problems.
He didn't beat her.

Stop living in this news induced fantasy world in which everything related to domestic abuse means he battered her to a pulp and gained a moral victory over it.

Quote:
In the 911 tape, the woman calls a police dispatcher upset that Artest is leaving in a vehicle. After learning it's registered in both their names, the dispatcher says Artest has the legal right to take the vehicle.

The woman starts to hang up, then mentions "domestic violence."


"Ma'am, is there some fighting going on right now?" the dispatcher asks.

"Yeah, and he's upset," she replies.

"Did he hit you?" he asks.

"Oh, yeah, my hand is bleeding; I've got a scratch on my leg," she replies.

"Do you need medical, ma'am?"

"No. No. My finger's just bleeding. It's not stopping, but it's just bleeding. I'm not worried about my finger," the woman says.

Very interesting.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #28
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist
 
2LeTTeRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: www.twitter.com/EsquireSports
Posts: 6,602
2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
1/2 of the injuries players "suffer" are exaggerated by them and if Kaman wanted to he could've taken 3 weeks off using a sprained thumb as an excuse,but it's all about timing.
If Artest asked for 3 weeks off while the team was actually contending then it would be stupid but he asked for 3 weeks off at the start of the season and with any other GM(Pat Riley,Isiah,etc) they would've allowed him to do it with the label of him being injured due to Injury Here
Larry Bird is old fashioned and wouldn't let it happen.

This is the stupidest thing you've said in this thread. You really think its that easy? Just go to the GM and ask for time off? You're not even making sense now, I swear you're just trying to make everybody tell you how dumb you sound right now.

We get it you want to see Artest in LA and no proof no matter how concrete is going to change you're mind. There really is no way to argue with a person like that.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #29
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
he sold 1 copy his first week. webber at least approached 1000 (actually ~800) in the first week. regardless of whether he sold more or less albums than other nba players, are you seriously saying that he has a successful second career in music? its a hobby that he can promote because he is rich due to bball.
356.

Actually it depends on what you term as successful and also the fact he released the CD while doing another career without being able to do shows or promotions for it.

All that was filmed was a video for the 1st single released to Youtube,and he didn't release his 2nd video until months after the CD was released.

Chris Webber moved 800 without promotion or video but had the #10 rap single in the country.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #30
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Examples Of Ron Artest Being A Headcase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
This is the stupidest thing you've said in this thread. You really think its that easy? Just go to the GM and ask for time off? You're not even making sense now, I swear you're just trying to make everybody tell you how dumb you sound right now.

We get it you want to see Artest in LA and no proof no matter how concrete is going to change you're mind. There really is no way to argue with a person like that.
Actually what I said was many GM's allow their players to decide when they want to return from their injury and more times than none they over exaggerate the seriousness of their injury to gain more time for other ventures.

Artest on the other hand directly gave his intentions to Larry Bird and was denied.

1.Im not a Lakers fan,I've yet to change my avy since the NBA Conference Finals for which I supported the Lakers over SAS and over Boston.

2.I could care less if Artest goes to the Lakers or not,All I've said is that he'd be a better fit than Odom.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy