Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
Bulls2night
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bulls2night has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Paxson's Plan

I am sick and tired of waiting until next year and waiting for the players to improve and waiting to start Rose and waiting... We have all the chips in our corner and yet somebody (Paxson or Reinsdorf) can't make the bet. What are we waiting for, Garnett, Kobe, Gasol, Brand, JO to become available? OH wait we missed our chance on this. This started out for me to be a great offseason, but little by little, or should I say player by player, this offseason is turning out to be a bust. I mean if the slogan is going to be "Wait until 2010", tell me we are going to START Rose from day one and then atleast I have something to get exicited about. Last year, we started bad and we were bad during the middle and we ended bad, do you really think that the same group of guys are going to create ANY excitement?

I DONT THINK SO!!!

We need to do something this offseason because waiting until next year (or 2010) is becoming very tiresome.
Bulls2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #17
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

here's a question for you...what would you rather the Bulls do for 2009?? lets say they went after Garnett last year... what would that have accomplished? Garnett would have turned this team into a 8th seed first round defeat instead of getting lucky in the lottery... the bottom line is this team is too damn young to compete right now... I don't care if we added Kobe or Garnett we weren't going to win a championship in 2008... all that would have been left was an aging Garnett and a 45 win team... WOW! I would much rather let this team with Rose develop and hope we can be the best team in the East from 2010-2018 rather than decent in 2008 and 2009 with an aging superstar...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #18
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Bulls2333 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls2night
I am sick and tired of waiting until next year and waiting for the players to improve and waiting to start Rose and waiting... We have all the chips in our corner and yet somebody (Paxson or Reinsdorf) can't make the bet. What are we waiting for, Garnett, Kobe, Gasol, Brand, JO to become available? OH wait we missed our chance on this. This started out for me to be a great offseason, but little by little, or should I say player by player, this offseason is turning out to be a bust. I mean if the slogan is going to be "Wait until 2010", tell me we are going to START Rose from day one and then atleast I have something to get exicited about. Last year, we started bad and we were bad during the middle and we ended bad, do you really think that the same group of guys are going to create ANY excitement?

I DONT THINK SO!!!

We need to do something this offseason because waiting until next year (or 2010) is becoming very tiresome.

I'm not sick of waiting for a championship. At least we have seasons to look forward to. Look what happend to Seattle. Be grateful.
Bulls2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #19
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
I'm gonna take my time with the bulls and watch them improve, I'm not gonna go on a limb and say that rose is the next chris paul " which some of you easlily throw around" and I'm not expecting a dramatic breakthrough in tyrus but an improvement. I understand paxson is drafting out of potential but sometimes you need to go with the better player at the time which is why im still pissed that he traded away lamarcus.

I'm hoping to be proved wrong tho.

chris paul cant dunk rose can. its been a given that rose has been the best point guard going through highschool. he has a true god given tallent and will be the bulls savior. so die lol. oh yeah i hope tyrus has a good year so we can ****ing trade his sad ass.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:41 AM   #20
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
chris paul cant dunk rose can. its been a given that rose has been the best point guard going through highschool. he has a true god given tallent and will be the bulls savior. so die lol. oh yeah i hope tyrus has a good year so we can ****ing trade his sad ass.

are you seriously throwing that out there?!? so I guess nash is a wasteman as he cant dunk?

Talent is nothing if you don't work at it, im not saying rose won't be but becoming one of the top pgs in the league is easier said then done.

trade for what? if he has a good year why trade him?
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #21
Bulls2night

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
here's a question for you...what would you rather the Bulls do for 2009?? lets say they went after Garnett last year... what would that have accomplished? Garnett would have turned this team into a 8th seed first round defeat instead of getting lucky in the lottery... the bottom line is this team is too damn young to compete right now... I don't care if we added Kobe or Garnett we weren't going to win a championship in 2008... all that would have been left was an aging Garnett and a 45 win team... WOW! I would much rather let this team with Rose develop and hope we can be the best team in the East from 2010-2018 rather than decent in 2008 and 2009 with an aging superstar...

I would have the Bulls do something, anything, make it look like we are trying to improve the team. Do you really think that we are going to have any shot with the same team we had last year with the addition of Rose. Paxton has stated that Rose isn't even going to start, so that means we are going to have the same starting five on the floor.(Well maybe, we can't even sign Deng and Gordon). I would have made a push for Brand. Did whatever it would take, two team trade, three team trade, sign and trade, anything.
This is were my frustration lies, I don't think we are being a proactive team. We are just waiting for something or someone to fall into our laps (like Rose)and then hope for the best.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #22
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls2night
I would have the Bulls do something, anything, make it look like we are trying to improve the team. Do you really think that we are going to have any shot with the same team we had last year with the addition of Rose. Paxton has stated that Rose isn't even going to start, so that means we are going to have the same starting five on the floor.(Well maybe, we can't even sign Deng and Gordon). I would have made a push for Brand. Did whatever it would take, two team trade, three team trade, sign and trade, anything.
This is were my frustration lies, I don't think we are being a proactive team. We are just waiting for something or someone to fall into our laps (like Rose)and then hope for the best.

no obviously we won't win a championship next year, but this team is not built to win next year... period... I don't care if we add Kobe... just accept that this team is playing for 2010 and beyond...
Old 07-22-2008, 10:24 PM   #23
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
no obviously we won't win a championship next year, but this team is not built to win next year... period... I don't care if we add Kobe... just accept that this team is playing for 2010 and beyond...

This team is not meant to win at all. Clearly skiles maxed out the talent this team actually has. They arent leaders or mentally tough. Paxson is the worst GM he is afraid to make a mistake which is why he will never win a championship. Look at boston they go from worst to first. So we have a fragile team psyche and a scared GM. We need a superstar and then players with a blue collar mentality as well as a nasty attitude. Nocioni and Noah have the most spirit out of the whole team.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #24
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
This team is not meant to win at all. Clearly skiles maxed out the talent this team actually has. They arent leaders or mentally tough. Paxson is the worst GM he is afraid to make a mistake which is why he will never win a championship. Look at boston they go from worst to first. So we have a fragile team psyche and a scared GM. We need a superstar and then players with a blue collar mentality as well as a nasty attitude. Nocioni and Noah have the most spirit out of the whole team.

Boston had Paul Pierce... who the hell do we have?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #25
drwax26
High School Starter

That is one person but u r missing the point. They were a terrible team but through the right acquisitions and a GM with some balls they turned around the franchise. The players were mentally tough even Rajon Rondo.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 AM   #26
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
That is one person but u r missing the point. They were a terrible team but through the right acquisitions and a GM with some balls they turned around the franchise. The players were mentally tough even Rajon Rondo.

Pierce is a legit superstar... we don't have a superstar... period... we would have no chance at being Boston no matter who we acquired...
Old 07-23-2008, 02:28 AM   #27
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

IMO, if Tyrus can improve (which I think he will under Del Negro) then Thomas/Noah starting could be absolutely sick. If Sefolosha can develop as well... man... this team could be scary in a couple of seasons. Rose, Sefolosha, Deng or Nocioni, Thomas, Noah.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:21 AM   #28
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
IMO, if Tyrus can improve (which I think he will under Del Negro) then Thomas/Noah starting could be absolutely sick. If Sefolosha can develop as well... man... this team could be scary in a couple of seasons. Rose, Sefolosha, Deng or Nocioni, Thomas, Noah.

Yep, I agree... I don't understand why people want us to trade our young players to acquire a veteran star... this team has the potential to dominate the East in a year or two if we just give it time... I also think people are giving up on Tyrus way too soon... the guy is 21... give him time...
Old 07-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #29
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Yep, I agree... I don't understand why people want us to trade our young players to acquire a veteran star... this team has the potential to dominate the East in a year or two if we just give it time... I also think people are giving up on Tyrus way too soon... the guy is 21... give him time...

Dominate the East you r delusional. You need a super star first. TT and Noah need to gain some weight first. Time TT has been in the league for at least 3 seasons i think he has had enough time. The bulls are garbage and will continue to be for a long time. I dont see the bulls being top 4 in the east in the next 5 years.. Look at New Jersey they are wheeling and dealing and making their team better through a great draft. Acquiring draft picks and giving up pieces they dont see in their plan. They are setting themselves up for a run the bulls need to take some notes....
Old 07-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #30
Bulls2night

Quote:

Yes, I agree that TT and Rose together could be great and those are the only two players I would not include in any trade talks. Everybody else thou, take your pick... you can have them. Don't you get it, our young players aren't going to become veteran stars, they aren't good enough. So Paxson, make a trade, do a deal, give someone away for a second round draft pick, make me believe you are actually doing your job. Make me believe you have what it takes to run a successful franchise.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: