Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Question FreeStyle Street Basketball?

Does anyone play that game? Or has heard about that game? I'm thinking about getting an account and try it out. So if anybody knows anything about the game, let me know:) Oh yea and here's the link to it: http://freestyle.sierraonline.com/
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: FreeStyle Street Basketball?

it's been out for a couple years, but it's a decent game. it's MMO basketball and you can build a character based on how you play.

there's also a baseball version called http://www.ultimatebaseballonline.com/

there's soccer as well, i think staggan.com
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
it's been out for a couple years, but it's a decent game. it's MMO basketball and you can build a character based on how you play.

there's also a baseball version called http://www.ultimatebaseballonline.com/

there's soccer as well, i think staggan.com
is it fun though?
Old 07-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lvl 36 SF TMcGrady
Lvl 24 PG errr I forget..
Lvl 25 PF JianLianYi9
Lvl 20 SG MTing

Its very addictive the first few weeks. After lvl 30 it gets really boring though..
My cousin is one of the best PGs in the server, hes crazy about this game.
I stopped after 5 months it came out and recently started again.

Last edited by MTing : 07-20-2008 at 10:58 AM.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #5
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

aite I think i'll sign up and give it a try.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
is it fun though?

what i consider fun, you might not, it's subjective

my advice is to try it and find out
Old 07-20-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Yea I think its pretty fun, but like idk what to do, like how do i build up my player and what do i do with all my points?
Old 07-21-2008, 12:29 AM   #8
sixerfan82
College star

i think as you beat other players/teams you get points, and you can buy new moves to use

think if it like an RPG and your character is a complete fool. you're playing to become skip to my lou
Old 07-21-2008, 12:34 AM   #9
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
i think as you beat other players/teams you get points, and you can buy new moves to use

think if it like an RPG and your character is a complete fool. you're playing to become skip to my lou
ok I didn't understand the last line u wrote after u said i can use my points to buy new moves
Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #10
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Some things you should know:
Gs-Only for passing and shooting(mostly 3's, 2's are very inconsistent)

PGs-Only for passing, shoot when open
SGs-Best 3 pt shooters in the game, dont drive cause your gonna get blocked or miss the layup

Fs-Best at jumpshooting(middle), also great slashers, sucks at 3's

SFs-Best scorers in the game, can shoot middle, 3's, rebound, and drive
NOTE:MUST KNOW KUKGI TO PLAY SF OR YOU'LL GET RECKED IN PRO(go to the website forum to see how to do it)
PFs-Best dunkers(slashers)in the game,has a skill called Free Will which allows you to dunk manually(dont use it a lot)

Cs-Best rebounders, defenders, usually C's dont score unless time is winding down and your team must score(no 2nd class)

Most important skill for you right now is Through Pass. Everything else buy later.

I'd help you lvl and stuff but im in China
Old 07-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #11
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Some things you should know:
Gs-Only for passing and shooting(mostly 3's, 2's are very inconsistent)

PGs-Only for passing, shoot when open
SGs-Best 3 pt shooters in the game, dont drive cause your gonna get blocked or miss the layup

Fs-Best at jumpshooting(middle), also great slashers, sucks at 3's

SFs-Best scorers in the game, can shoot middle, 3's, rebound, and drive
NOTE:MUST KNOW KUKGI TO PLAY SF OR YOU'LL GET RECKED IN PRO(go to the website forum to see how to do it)
PFs-Best dunkers(slashers)in the game,has a skill called Free Will which allows you to dunk manually(dont use it a lot)

Cs-Best rebounders, defenders, usually C's dont score unless time is winding down and your team must score(no 2nd class)

Most important skill for you right now is Through Pass. Everything else buy later.

I'd help you lvl and stuff but im in China
thanks man, thanks for the tips(I'll rep. you) Do you know a way I can get better at Defense though? I suck so much at Defense!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #12
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've been wanting to play this for so long, but even now it's still only available for North Americans

Hope they plan to expand to Europe soon, but probably never.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #13
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
thanks man, thanks for the tips(I'll rep. you) Do you know a way I can get better at Defense though? I suck so much at Defense!!!
For blocks its all about timing, any position can blk(PG can block a C which is hilarious to watch). You'll get used to it once your level 10 or so.

For steals, all I really do is spam S. Gs, PGs, and SGs have the best steal rating. All other positions may take longer to steal(but of course you can buy the training points, which is a waste of money in my opinon. If your gonna by it wait until you are a high level)

Just face up(you have to buy the skill) and you should be fine on Defense.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #14
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
For blocks its all about timing, any position can blk(PG can block a C which is hilarious to watch). You'll get used to it once your level 10 or so.

For steals, all I really do is spam S. Gs, PGs, and SGs have the best steal rating. All other positions may take longer to steal(but of course you can buy the training points, which is a waste of money in my opinon. If your gonna by it wait until you are a high level)

Just face up(you have to buy the skill) and you should be fine on Defense.
ok so I think the problem I have w/Defense is that I'm still not used to the keys on the keyboard, like the directional keys, so like the person that I'm on moves so fast and by the time I get there, they're wide open, and they shoot the open 3, so like I gotta get used to the keys, cuz when they're not moving, I can get a steal easily, last time I got 2 steals easily, so the steals are easy, its just the moving around.

Also the problem I'm facing is that I'm a G and idk what to do when there's a F and a C on my team like do I shoot every time I get the ball or do I pass to them? Some people on the game tell me to shoot and some tell me to pass, so i'm kinda confused on that
Old 07-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #15
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
ok so I think the problem I have w/Defense is that I'm still not used to the keys on the keyboard, like the directional keys, so like the person that I'm on moves so fast and by the time I get there, they're wide open, and they shoot the open 3, so like I gotta get used to the keys, cuz when they're not moving, I can get a steal easily, last time I got 2 steals easily, so the steals are easy, its just the moving around.
Sounds like hes using Kukgi.

Quote:
Also the problem I'm facing is that I'm a G and idk what to do when there's a F and a C on my team like do I shoot every time I get the ball or do I pass to them? Some people on the game tell me to shoot and some tell me to pass, so i'm kinda confused on that
Well depends
If the F is a good scorer(cheak your teams stats before you play) then pass, if he cant shoot then you shoot.
If the F has more then 13ppg you should pass.
But your still in the rookie zone so i would just shoot to get my own stats up.
Are you going to be a SG or PG?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: