Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #16
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

team usa will probably win, but it'll be extremely tough. greece has really shown suffocating defense, excellent team play and nerves in the clutch
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #17
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I'm sure the US will look at tape and focus on how to win tomorrow.

VC i like how u critque someone for saying they just regurgitate what someone says when u say the most obvious most poignant comment ever.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #18
Markarian
I brick open layups

Markarian has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
VC i like how u critque someone for saying they just regurgitate what someone says when u say the most obvious most poignant comment ever.
Let's keep the thread civil shall we? No need for flame wars
Markarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:34 PM   #19
Rampis
I airball my layups

Rampis has no real reputation yet.

Greek players have something that most NBA players from the US team don't! Heart and pride to be playing for their National Team!

Also this Greek team has been playing together as a unit long enough to have the experience needed to win the big games as they know each other's game. The fact that there aren't any current NBA players on the Greek team doesn't mean much as all remaining 11 are top players of their respective teams with valuable experience from the Euroleague cup.

The only way that this Greek team will lose from the US is by not believing before the game that they can win it and just focus on the third place game (which I think they will) with either Argentina or Spain. If they focus on the game against USA instead of collecting autographs from the NBAers... this US team will have no chance against Greece.
Rampis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:49 PM   #20
amra01
Can barely lace up my sneakers

amra01 has an OK reputation so far

I think Greece has the upper hand here I give 55-45 to beat the US team. at guards they are equal Greece has big guards that has the will to play defense and run the court, US has guards with big skills but they want a ball each one and they don't play defense. But the game will go inside Papadopoulos and Sofoklis will beat the hell out of the Brands and boss, howard etc.
It's going to be a great friday can't wait to watch the games...
amra01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #21
9spurs
Serious playground baller

9spurs has an OK reputation so far

Damn, i was routing for France. Oh well, Go USA.
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #22
Markarian
I brick open layups

Markarian has an OK reputation so far

I think you guys need to slow down a bit i am greek and i've been watching this team for years and i am proud to say that it is one of the two top teams in europe along with Spain and one of the four best teams in the world, Argentina, USA and Spain being the rest of them.
But i really can't say that we are going to win the US they are just too good. I hope that we will put up a very good fight but so far the US have always found a way to beat any opponet that has given them trouble
Markarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:03 PM   #23
thedream
Can barely lace up my sneakers

thedream has an OK reputation so far

go spanoulis go battier
thedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #24
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

I think Greece, at best, will have the game within 5 late 3rd quarter. I see USA winning by about 10. The defense is starting to come along, and they aren't going to shoot bad forever.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:09 PM   #25
jaja
Great young streetballer

jaja has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
Greece is by far better than Italy and Germany. The US has had its fair share of problems vs both teams. Conclusion? Even game. Should be interesting. I'd say the odds are 50-50
didn this same greece team have difficulty agaisnt australia? why do people on focus on bad games by the US

Last edited by jaja : 08-30-2006 at 09:15 PM.
jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:42 PM   #26
asd
High school junior varsity star

asd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
so are you commending his "poignant" comments?
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:01 PM   #27
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Greece always has a good team, but the U.S. is just better this time around. The talent is always there, but they've got useful depth on this squad, and decent coaching, and they're also playing as a team. They'll need to shoot worse than 25% from 3pt if the Greeks are going to dump them.

Greece did a very nice job of handling France, though. I'll definitely watch first and check the score later. :

BTW--am I the only one who's getting annoyed with Melo again? It's OK to steal shots from other players when you're making them (OK, not really) but when you're throwing up bricks, you need to get the other guys involved...
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:23 PM   #28
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
Greece always has a good team, but the U.S. is just better this time around. The talent is always there, but they've got useful depth on this squad, and decent coaching, and they're also playing as a team. They'll need to shoot worse than 25% from 3pt if the Greeks are going to dump them.

Greece did a very nice job of handling France, though. I'll definitely watch first and check the score later. :

BTW--am I the only one who's getting annoyed with Melo again? It's OK to steal shots from other players when you're making them (OK, not really) but when you're throwing up bricks, you need to get the other guys involved...

maybe he should be more like bron and get 4 assits while racking up 7 turnovers.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #29
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

SuperboyXX0018 has an OK reputation so far

The U.S will win the gold.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:15 PM   #30
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I don't even know who any of these guys on the Greek team are. Obviously they're good since they've done well so far but I hope USA can take them. I think Team USA should play Brad Miller more, could use his shooting if the Greeks play a zone.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: