Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Summer League Roster

88 Nicolas Batum F/G 6-8 190 France
0 Chris Ellis F 6-9 250 Wake Forest
18 Morris Finley G 5-11 175 Princeton
51 Steven Hill C 7-0 245 Alabama-Birmingham
28 Petteri Koponen G 6-4 195 Finland
30 David Lucas F 6-8 246 Arkansas
6 JR Pinnock G 6-5 207 George Washington
31 Brandon Robinson F 6-8 215 Auburn
21 Bernard Robinson G/F 6-6 225 Michigan
17 Jon Stefansson G 6-5 200 Germany

i wonder why its this weak. i mean i know its just summer games but why is bayless not playing?
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Summer League Roster

When did this come out? Wern't the trades just made official today?

I'm excited for Bernanrd Robinson. He's a good player that never got the chance to showcase his talent.

Batum is only 190? Thats a major problem!
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://trailblazerscentercourt.blogs...ue-roster.html

Bayless will be playing, don't worry. My 2 disappointments to the roster are no Sergio (because he still really needs it), no Freeland (can't make it because of his overseas contract), and no Brent Petway (I just wanted him on it because he adds to the summer league entertainment).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:18 AM   #4
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Who the hell are all these guys?!

Either way, I'm glad Bayless is playing.

Hey Myth, how do the Blazers have all these people in Summer Leauge...? I know that those guys arent on their roster..
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:19 AM   #5
iamflang
Can barely lace up my sneakers

iamflang has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
http://trailblazerscentercourt.blogs...ue-roster.html

Bayless will be playing, don't worry. My 2 disappointments to the roster are no Sergio (because he still really needs it), no Freeland (can't make it because of his overseas contract), and no Brent Petway (I just wanted him on it because he adds to the summer league entertainment).

I think this shows that we aren't going to be playing sergio. he's as good as gone.
iamflang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:31 AM   #6
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
Who the hell are all these guys?!

Either way, I'm glad Bayless is playing.

Hey Myth, how do the Blazers have all these people in Summer Leauge...? I know that those guys arent on their roster..

Guys don't need to be on your roster for them to be on the summer league. Summer league is mainly made up of guys trying to make it onto an NBA roster. There are usually only a handful of guys with guaranteed contracts on a summer league roster.

iamflang - I believe Blazer wanted Sergio there. Sergio declined. I'm not positive, but Sergio 'may' be going to the Olympics for Spain, and that may be his reason for not being there. But I hope you are right about him being as good as gone. I've been waiting to hear that for a year now.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #7
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

Was kind of hoping that Ike Diogu who we picked up in the trade that got us Bayless would be playing as well......too bad about Freeland not being able to come over as well....
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'm not positive, but Sergio 'may' be going to the Olympics for Spain, and that may be his reason for not being there.

He did not make the Spanish olympic team.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #9
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

...Is Sergio's career over?

He can't have that much potential left. I know people on Ish still think he's good but because they never see him play but General Managers do their research and Spain doesn't want him on the Olympic team?

OUCH
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #10
Myth

What a shame. Thats all I have to say about Sergio. Too bad we didn't trade him (like I wanted to) a year ago when he actually had trade value.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:34 AM   #11
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man

blazerftc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
What a shame. Thats all I have to say about Sergio. Too bad we didn't trade him (like I wanted to) a year ago when he actually had trade value.

The problem was that the team was very young, and my bet is that the coaching staff and the FO thought that he could still fit in due to his age. And who knows, he could still have a good few games this coming season that might get him some trade value back.

Overall I think he'll still be in the NBA in the near future. There's bound to be some GM who is willing to take a chance on him. I hope he can find a spot and do well.
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #12
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

I can't remember where I got this from, but I put it into an email to some Blazer Buddies earlier this morning:

Portland shooting coach John Townsend has been working with point guard Sergio Rodriguez for the last week in Spain, according to The Oregonian.

"He's really in a groove right now," Townsend said of Sergio's shot.

The Blazers would like Rodriguez to develop a respectable outside shot, and weren't able to work with him in Las Vegas because he declined an invitation to the summer league.

"We are really happy Sergio is taking the initiative to work and improve," general manager Kevin Pritchard said. "And (Townsend) says he is in a great frame of mind."
Old 07-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
Myth

Glad to hear Sergio is doing something. If he does stick around, hopefully it will be a more positive experience compared to last year for everyone.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #14
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Based on what you've seen, would you take Koponen or Rodriguez????
Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #15
Myth

I'd take Koponen. Especially because Koponen has improved over the last year while Sergio has declined.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: