Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 07-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #16
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board
Default Re: NETS FANS, what do you think our record is gonna be next year?

The Nets will probably win 33-35 games at best. 21 and 8 is not realistic for Harris. Maybe he'll average 17 and 7 or 18 and 8. The Nets only have 2 solid proven starters and those are their guards VC and Devin Harris.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #17
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJames2010
that was before Jermain Oneal and Elton Brand came into the picture.

Boston
Orlando
Toronto
Detroit
Philly
Cleveland
Washington
Miami
Atlanta
Milwaukee
Chicago
New York
Indiana
Charlotte

Thats how I'll rank the East for now without the Nets. Where would you put the Nets? I say between Miami and Atlanta but that's just me.

Toronto and Philly were both playoff teams last year....

seed them higher then....

and keep in mind I did not say I think the Nets will get 37 wins and will make the 8th seed.

I just said 37 wins would be great and I intimated the playoff thought (without actually saying it, you reached and assumed)

you new posters need to realize that I have posted on ISH and have been a Nets fan for many many years now. You'd think I would know what I am talking about?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #18
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJnetsfan1535
i thought marcus williams is gone, isnt he what the nets traded dooling for
No he's still here...

It's hard to gage really, depends on how the young players perform. I'll say a .500 record is fair if the team performs as well as it can. If not something like 30 wins...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #19
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

37-41 wins

....ok without being biased, 35 wins seems right to me
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #20
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

i say we win close to 40 games this year. All we need really is one more big move. Like my man said earlier, put together a decent package deal, say Kristic and Boone or Swift , and get a good veteran guy in his prime at maybe SF position to help with the loss of RJ. We do this we could def make the playoffs this year and look to the future...
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:18 PM   #21
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Cleveland
4. Philly
5. Orlando
6. Milwuakee
7. Toronto
8. Miami

9. Washington
10. Chicago
11. Atlanta
12. Charlotte
13. NJ - 33 - 49
14. Indiana
15. NY

I think best case the Nets fight for the 8th seed and get close to 40 wins.

Worst case they are the absolute worst team in the East and get closer to 25. (but not the L)
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #22
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i simmed it on nba 2k8..... we were 32-50(w/o CDR, Lopez,Anderson tho)
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #23
mountaingoat
Decent playground baller

mountaingoat has an OK reputation so far

somewhere in the low 30s.

and now kristic is gone?

i think this team is going to have a lot of trouble scoring. teams will be able to focus on carter. he's the sort of scorer who is good as long as we have other players to distract the defense. but under pressure, he withers. our bigs are promising but inexperienced and young.

i haven't been around here much, but i have to say; i'm pretty upset with the jefferson trade. he is the sort of guy you always want on your team. he, unlike carter, was a great pressure player. this strategy sounds kind of ridiculous to me. what's the point in gutting your team for two years because there might be a chance of signing a great player then? what if lebron decides to stay in cleveland, in his home state? i don't get it. with jefferson, our frontcourt would have been set, and i'd bet on us making the playoffs. but now i'm thinking it may be a long season.
mountaingoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:01 PM   #24
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaingoat
he, unlike carter, was a great pressure player.
good point- i hadn't thought of that before. RJ was good about throwing every bit of himself at the hoop when the team needed him too.

altho honestly, VC has generally been one of the better superstar pressure players IME.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:27 PM   #25
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaingoat
somewhere in the low 30s.

what if lebron decides to stay in cleveland, in his home state? i don't get it.
then we go aftewr Melo, Joe Johnson,wade, Amare, Yao...
Old 07-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #26
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Even if we would get Amare I could imagine harris alley ooping to Amare.

Joe Johnson I wouldn't bother getting. Same with Yao those guys are fragile.

Carmelo, Amare, or Lebron should be our targets. I think Carmelo really matured during his training with Team USA and became a bit better with himself.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #27
mountaingoat
Decent playground baller

mountaingoat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

altho honestly, VC has generally been one of the better superstar pressure players IME.

that's true. there are a few great game winners stuck in my memory. i guess what i meant is that i also have many memories of him taking ill-advised shots, screaming for fouls, etc. they can both score, but i think jefferson is a more disciplined player, and plays within himself more.
mountaingoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #28
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Same with Yao those guys are fragile.
himself.

We don't need another Yao. In 2 years Yi will be just like him.:)
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #29
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

yi and yao would be so cool... but wade or melo>yao imo
Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #30
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Yi could become better than Yao because Yi is much more athletic than Yao and at least has a decent 3pt shot.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: