Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 08-30-2006, 01:20 PM   #1
KBTwoFour
Athletic Park Baller

KBTwoFour has no real reputation yet.
Talking How low your Center is

It's not too early to visualize the likes of Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan and, yes, even Erick Dampier having their way with the Warriors inside." San Francisco Chronicle
KBTwoFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
9spurs
Serious playground baller

9spurs has an OK reputation so far

Jackie Butler!!!!
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

^ I'll take who is the Spurs spare to line up at center next to Timmy for $500 Alex.

Last edited by Silent Mav : 08-30-2006 at 11:59 PM.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:01 PM   #4
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTwoFour
It's not too early to visualize the likes of Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan and, yes, even Erick Dampier having their way with the Warriors inside." San Francisco Chronicle

Still trying to fight a losing battle?

Your "Lakers' Cs are better then the Mavs' Cs arguement was exposed on the main forum like I told you it would.

Please get over it. Diop/Dampier>>Brown/Mihm.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Starbury4MVP has no real reputation yet.

Thats just because of the insult Shaq threw at Dampier earlier this year. It's a little humor. Dampier is decent, and Diop is a good shot blocker. The Mavericks centers are much better than the Lakers.
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
KBTwoFour
Athletic Park Baller

Arrow Oh, I get it, Marbury knows whas up...

Thats funny that a fan of a proven loser no matter what team he goes to is saying that the Mav's Centers are better. Hilarious. MavsFan is a complete moron, and has proved it time and time again based on his attempts at researching prior postings and getting on the horn to other mavs fans in the general forum.

Its the San Francisco Chronicle, and since you are blinded by your love for crappy centers, the SF Chronicle has volunteered to sort out any issue there, and BTW, has had a few more years of Dampier to look at. Bandwagon Mav's Center fans like Mavsfan who im sure (after reading him disrespect people on previous postings even though he was wrong and short sighted) is going to respond with more mudslinging. Its just not true, that DIOP/DAMP is even slightly better. They didnt play well against the Lakers when they went head to head. Mav's Centers aren't tons worse than the Lakers C's, but they aren't better.

The San Fran Chronicle knows this (uh, they cover the Warriors geniuses), even after seeing Dampier leave after a contract year that is their take on him. Hey mavsfan , take whatever you like to a general forum, but as long as people who are mavs fans respond to the thread your "Owned" proclamation :rollingeyes: is only a desperate attempt at proliferating your obtuse beliefs. Honestly, you replying with the jargon you have (no sources from say the SF Chronicle, perhaps?)only raises a deeper problem you face...Generally laying out hot air. I guess we will have to see this season when Diop gets dunked on and Dampier gets into early foul trouble. Man I wish they had a stat for guys who get into early foul trouble most often, Damp would lead the list.

Last edited by KBTwoFour : 09-01-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:25 PM   #7
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

So because of a humourous comment about the state of the Warriors interior, the SF Chronicle has become an expert source for knowledge on NBA centers.

And since the Mavs centers didn't play well in games against the Lakers that makes the Laker's centers better centers overall. That all centers are judged by how they play against the Lakers and not the rest of the league. And you would like to invent a stat to help you.

You accuse someone of slinging mud when that is all you did yourself. You didn't state one fact to back up your opinion. It appears your only reason for posting was to stir up trouble. Not talk basketball. If using your thesaurus and emoticons was supposed to be impressive, it didn't work.

Last edited by Silent Mav : 09-01-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #8
KBTwoFour
Athletic Park Baller

Talking Ok, sorry Loud Mav for the lack of Stats, here you go pookie!

Mihm 06

2005-06 STATISTICS
PPG 10.2
RPG 6.30
APG 1.0
EFF + 12.85

Brown 06

2005-06 STATISTICS
PPG 7.4
RPG 6.60
APG 1.0
EFF + 10.60

Diop 06

2005-06 STATISTICS
PPG 2.3
RPG 4.60
APG 0.3
EFF + 7.77

Dampier 06

2005-06 STATISTICS
PPG 5.7
RPG 7.80
APG 0.6
EFF + 11.15
SOURCE: NBA.COM

Ok, no mudslinging here ok,"Loud Mav". And I would much rather take the opinion of a credible and intelligent source, like a newspaper that has covered your center for mulitple years, over a fan, with no discernable accolades. And no, I'm not interested in an attempt at one of you defeating a newspaper calling it right wing etc...were not talking politics with newspapers and sports. That's Busch League, Silent Mav, just Busch League.:rollingeyes:

And if you are trying to figure out what the >>> --EFF-- is, it is the Efficiency Ratio used based on their collected stats. And as you can see, Dampier is better than Kwame, but not Mihm. And Diop is not even close to either Kwame or Mihm.

So, the conclusion is, Mav's fans are still feeling great from their lift to the finals Courtesy of Dirk, Howard and Stack, which is admirable in its own right. Well, no argument here, Dirk and howard rock. But your centers do not and they aren't better overall than the Lakers. Nuff said, Efficiency ratio's agree and so does a reputable source (SF Chronicle) when they are basically saying that even an average and overpaid center like Dampier can have his way with a team with no big man in the middle, namely the Warriors.

There's your proof, let the congratulations for better centers residing in a better city, with better jersey color schemes and a better owner ensue
Old 09-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #9
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

So because I don't take credence in a newspaper I'm bush league? The media is not infallible. Your definition of reputable is still the opinion of a newspaper. Nothing more. Like I said before, a snide comment does not infer fact. Do you even know for a fact that the person who wrote that even worked for the Chronicle or covered the Warriors when Damp was playing there? Now you do a decent job of presenting stats. But we all know that stats do not reflect the total impact on a game. Your stats do not take in account blocks and altered shots. But of course that wouldn't help your case would it?

You really need to learn the correct use of bush league. Both in spelling and context. And if anything you showed that you are, in fact ,bush league by starting a reply mocking my name. Proving my earlier claim that you aren't here to discuss basketball, just here to draw attention to yourself. And frankly I wasted all of my attention that I care to. So enjoy your emoticons and LA ego. I'm done with you.

Last edited by Silent Mav : 09-01-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #10
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Starbury4MVP has no real reputation yet.

The Maverick centers had much better defense, and the Laker centers got more minutes per game. If the Mav centers got as many minutes as the Laker centers than their number would be much more impressive. Guess you forgot to include BPG and MPG in your list of stats huh?
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:18 PM   #11
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Thats funny that a fan of a proven loser no matter what team he goes to is saying that the Mav's Centers are better. Hilarious. MavsFan is a complete moron, and has proved it time and time again based on his attempts at researching prior postings and getting on the horn to other mavs fans in the general forum.

All you've done in your "arguement" is call me names and cry that I have nothing to say because I support a "loser". You're a typical Laker fanatic that believes everything revolves around LA. Every Laker player is HOF bound, while every single Laker season is on the verge of a championship. Then when your claims are ripped apart like they were by me, you retort to the usual "LAKERS HAVE 14 CHAMPIONSHIPS AND MAVS HAVE NONE " nonesense.

I guess this is how Laker clowns react when they get embaressed.

Quote:
Its the San Francisco Chronicle, and since you are blinded by your love for crappy centers, the SF Chronicle has volunteered to sort out any issue there, and BTW, has had a few more years of Dampier to look at. Bandwagon Mav's Center fans like Mavsfan who im sure (after reading him disrespect people on previous postings even though he was wrong and short sighted) is going to respond with more mudslinging. Its just not true, that DIOP/DAMP is even slightly better. They didnt play well against the Lakers when they went head to head. Mav's Centers aren't tons worse than the Lakers C's, but they aren't better.

@this pathetic delusional scrub trying to use a sly comment from a newspaper blurb as "proof" that his teams' precious C's are better then those of a championship contender.

You continually post meaningless stats, while you ignore my points on why the Diop/Dampier combo is better.

Quote:
The San Fran Chronicle knows this (uh, they cover the Warriors geniuses), even after seeing Dampier leave after a contract year that is their take on him. Hey mavsfan , take whatever you like to a general forum, but as long as people who are mavs fans respond to the thread your "Owned" proclamation :rollingeyes: is only a desperate attempt at proliferating your obtuse beliefs. Honestly, you replying with the jargon you have (no sources from say the SF Chronicle, perhaps?)only raises a deeper problem you face...Generally laying out hot air. I guess we will have to see this season when Diop gets dunked on and Dampier gets into early foul trouble. Man I wish they had a stat for guys who get into early foul trouble most often, Damp would lead the list.

I still find it comical that your using a single comment intended for HUMOR as some type of proof that your claim is true. Do you even know what the comment meant? It wasn't even refering to Dampier's game as a whole, but rather his lack of a solid low post offensive game. But I can see how ignorant children with a total lack of realism can misinterpret this.

What I really find hysterical is that you would be making the exact opposite argument if the Diop/Dampier combo were Lakers. Save yourself further embaressment and let this nonissue go. The more you yap, the more delusional you look.

Last edited by mavsfan4zindagi : 09-01-2006 at 11:22 PM.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:33 PM   #12
BlondeBomber41
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BlondeBomber41 has an OK reputation so far

Brown and Mihm play on the floor together alot and play alot more minutes, with the Mavs its either Diop or Dampier. Never both. YOu cant look at stats and try to use that as your arguement.

Lets see Mihm or Brown hold Shaq to less then 14 ppg in a 6 game series.
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #13
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

lol, it took the mavs 3 7footers to stop shaq and he still shot 61% and grabed lots of rebounds and was the best center in the finals despite playing 3-on-1.

kwame played shaq 1-on-1 this year and kept him in 18 and 17 points.

dampier, or diop playing 1-on-1 against shaq would make him look like the diesel of old.

look at how shaq dominated ben wallace (21.7 points, 10.5 rebounds, 2.4 blocks, .655% as the heat's second option) and ben wallace is 4-time defender of the season you are suggesting that dampier or diop are better than wallace ??

and THE LAKERS HAVE 14 CHAMPIONSHIPS !!!

Last edited by lakers-city : 09-02-2006 at 08:19 PM.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:04 AM   #14
BlondeBomber41
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BlondeBomber41 has an OK reputation so far

Whats sad is you say Shaq "dominated" Wallace and scored 21 a game. That is not dominant for Shaq.

You are also implying that Wallace had no help from Rasheed Wallace or Antonio McDyess. Not to mention Dale Davis. Think before you speak maybe?

When did this become Dampier/Diop vs Wallace? No one said that. The fact still remains though that Diop and Dampier did a much better job against Shaq then Ben Wallace ever has.
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:29 AM   #15
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

at age 34 22 pts per game while shooting 65% is great for shaq.

and yes dampier and diop AT THE SAME TIME did a better job than ben.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: