Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 09-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #16
different107
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbury4MVP
Thats just because of the insult Shaq threw at Dampier earlier this year. It's a little humor. Dampier is decent, and Diop is a good shot blocker. The Mavericks centers are much better than the Lakers.

different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #17
KBTwoFour
Athletic Park Baller

Arrow lol, mavsfan

Hysterical. You still do not prove anything, offer no stats, and simply attempt at trying to have the last word (blocks per game is where you rest your hat? I'd be proud. A drunken Dikembe Mutumbo could get more Blocks per game than Diop and Dampier...TODAY! Guys, your team is good now, but I'm just not seeing them having staying power, despite "being" a championship contender.

:rollingeyes: I sense a little hostility to the Laker fan. What a bummer, cuz it was becoming fun trying to win an argument that wasn't going to be won in the first place. No wonder, i haven't been able to make headway with Mavsfan and his little cronies. You have a hatred for Laker fans. I never said anything about 14 championships to Mavs Zero, but that is funny to say. I should have known this before I began to reason with stats and "blurbs". Its ok pumpkin, you can have your little beliefs and I'll just sit back and wait until the truth unfolds. No really, Its ok, you can believe what you want and there's no stats, newspaper columns or any sort of proof that anyone can provide via Steven A. Smith or Mark Jackson, or any other NBA mind that'll convince any of the "Do Or Die" Mav's fans. I have no problem sitting here believing what i choose, knowing how good players are, how valuable they are to their team and what makes a Center truly valuable. Its just hard to believe that there are morons like mavsfan out there that think what they think, its just hard to believe, but I guess its also hard to believe why someone would still wear a "Finley" jersey to a Mav's game, when they didn't win squat with him in the first place (sounds like mavsfan to me).

Im not saying that, me as a fan, chose Kwame or Mihm, but I am saying that you've got to be on crack to believe that they are worse than the Mav's C's. No matter, I'm having too much fun being called out with no stats or hard data.

For the guy who said that Kwame and Mihm "play alot together", um, you're WAY off(-1) Mihm got hurt and missed the rest of the season and wasnt heard from again). Maybe you saw a few games back in November/December/early January, but they didn't play together almost ever once Kwame's role was more realized as a Center and not a Power Forward (which, would skew those statistics completely, but I'm not going to get into why I think Kwame's stats this upcoming year are going to be his best yet, i'd just probably embarrass myself amongst people who know that Kwame and Mihm play together alot).

Bottom line is I'm going to believe what I want and you'll still be a Mav's fan. Yes, there was ego there but I've got no other answer for a guy who doesn't attempt to refute the argument other than throw nonsense on the wall hoping it'll stick...so that other Mav's fans will pile on. Really its just a waste of time.
KBTwoFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #18
BlondeBomber41
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Can I spell it out for you KBTwoFour?

Dampier and Diop SPLIT minutes at the center spot. I dont think there was a time last season when they were both on the floor.

For much of the season the Lakers STARTED Mihm and Brown together and even when they didnt start together they played together quite a bit. Stats dont tell the tale on this one brainiac, because on a team that has weak parts like the Lakers, players like Brown and Mihm will get more touches because sadly enough they are the best inside scoring option for the Lakers, and Brown and Mihm get more minutes then Diop/Dampier so they will put up better numbers. Brown is a PF by the way, not a Center.

You are wrong on this, and you look like a jackass.
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #19
BlondeBomber41

Oh and by the way you proved my point for me. You said "Mihm got hurt and wasnt heard from for the rest of the season"

You dope, that means he isnt around to split time with Brown at the Center spot, which allows Kwame Brown to put up better numbers because he is playing the majority of the minutes at the Center spot because of the Lakers weak frontcourt. You are really only bashing your own frontcourt with your lame arguements.

Oh and Kwame and Mihm dont play together? Seeing that Mihm started 56 games last year and Kwame 49 then Im pretty sure they play together for a good chunk of minutes. Who else are they gonna play up front?

You always try to make the mistake of using scoring as a reason why they are better..... you do realize the Mavs are a team loaded with firepower both in the starting lineup and all throughout the bench right? Unlike the Lakers our centers dont even shoot the ball, we have too many awesome offensive weapons to let our centers try to score alot. You could only wish to be that lucky, seeing that the Lakers had Kobe, Odom and then a bunch of weak offensive players. PPG means nothing in this case, absolutely nothing.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #20
Hawker
Banned

Who owned Duncan in OT of 7th game in SA/Dallas Game? O ya that was Diop. Sit down biznatch.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:42 PM   #21
lakers-city
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber41
Oh and by the way you proved my point for me. You said "Mihm got hurt and wasnt heard from for the rest of the season"

You dope, that means he isnt around to split time with Brown at the Center spot, which allows Kwame Brown to put up better numbers because he is playing the majority of the minutes at the Center spot because of the Lakers weak frontcourt. You are really only bashing your own frontcourt with your lame arguements.

Oh and Kwame and Mihm dont play together? Seeing that Mihm started 56 games last year and Kwame 49 then Im pretty sure they play together for a good chunk of minutes. Who else are they gonna play up front?

You always try to make the mistake of using scoring as a reason why they are better..... you do realize the Mavs are a team loaded with firepower both in the starting lineup and all throughout the bench right? Unlike the Lakers our centers dont even shoot the ball, we have too many awesome offensive weapons to let our centers try to score alot. You could only wish to be that lucky, seeing that the Lakers had Kobe, Odom and then a bunch of weak offensive players. PPG means nothing in this case, absolutely nothing.

well, if your centers werent bums on offense you could have beaten miami.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:24 AM   #22
BlondeBomber41

Dampier with the Warriors put up over 12 a game, better then Mihm or Brown have ever put up. Think before you talk.....

I dont feel like going to look but maybe Brown got 12 a game last year, I dont think he did though.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #23
KBTwoFour
Athletic Park Baller

Lightbulb If only Blondee knew anything about the lakers or possibly lived...

in Los Angeles to see how things went with Mihm and Kwame during 05-06, oh the grief you would have saved yourself :stupid: . Your comments were so beligerent that I couldn't even continue reading, and if anyone in this forum actually finished reading your nonsense, they are EXPONENTIALLY DUMBER because of it.

LETS EXPLAIN FOR THE BLONDE MORONS IN THE GROUP ---First of all, Mihm and Kwame only started together for a couple months at the beginning of the season and then when it was discovered that Brown wasn't a POWER FORWARD (due to not fitting into the role that was asked of him to be a POWER FORWARD, like shooting jumpers and taking people off the dribble, because thats not within Brown's strengths), they switched Brown to the backup Center position behind Mihm. Then when Mihm went down after game 56-59 Brown started and flourished under the role of CENTER. I'm not going to try to get into a shoving match with a Blondee MORON that doesn't even watch my team on a regular basis {because 1) you think Brown is a PF, and 2)You think that Mihm and Brown played a lot together after December '05).

Speaking of looking like a jackass, your facts arent even straight, im surprised the few Laker fans that (god forbid) read your beligerent diatribe of misinterpretations of truth, even mentioned Browns growth and ascension to the Lakers starting Center position (this coming season 06-07, instead of a healthy Mihm). I can tell that there's no sense in attempting to change your mind or my other favorite Poser I mean Poster, Mavsfan4. You guys love your Mavs and do not want to see a Laker fan get up in your face about a couple of centers that are very similar in ability and statistics. I get it. Brown and Mihm are better and I've posted stats and I've tried to explain the nature of the '05-'06 season, and I've tried to warn you that Kwame is going to be better this year (barring injury) and that Mihm will be around the same.

I get it, Diop is the man on a mission to not be slow of foot and absolutely dreadful from anywhere outside of 8 feet (let alone when guarded by anyone over 6'9" anywhere closer ), and Dampier isn't going to get into early foul trouble (2 to 3 fouls) by the 2 min mark in the 1st quarter (effectively taking away his ability to play this threads' most popular echo "Solid Defense"), followed by whining to the officials on his way to the bench (cough i mean bank) where he's robbing Cuban by sitting on the bench failing to meet statistically what a GOOD Center should make with his $$$ in this league. Just pathetic. And from now on We'll call the Mav's Centers Double D's for lack of an inspiring catch phrase (you know as in Double D's being too big and slow to get out of their own way, like a fat chick trying to jog). Although, the First D, Dampier does floss a white head band like nobody else at what he makes per game.

I get it. I'm going to believe what I want and you're going to believe what you want. Its cool, just hold onto your beliefs in your "Defensive Minded" Centers and let this thread go by the wayside. Then when the season begins and Diop and Dampier get OWNED by Kwame playing the CENTER position and maybe even Mihm dropping baseline jumpers in their eyes because they cant defend a Center outside the block, I'll start a little thread in the Lakers forum to spare your embarrasment of the whole situation and simply congratulate our Centers for playing well and not duping our fans into believing that they are actually quality Big men that can't do anything else besides impersonating a 7 foot Center .

Last edited by KBTwoFour : 09-13-2006 at 06:43 PM.
KBTwoFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:37 PM   #24
BlondeBomber41

OMG you are a idiot.

You say Kwame and Mihm played together at the beginning of the season right? Which means they were not two centers like Damp and Diop are, they were two players playing two positions. Which means while Damp and Diop swapped for each other, Mihm and Brown where out there at the same time.

Then Mihm went down, so Kwame was being started at center. Which means, and let me see if I can explain this for a 12 year old like yourself, that Kwame wasnt splitting minutes with anyone! Who else besides Bynum can play center on the Lakers? Not Brian Cook. So Kwame while Mihm was down was the starting center and getting all the center minutes. That means that he is gonna have much more of a chance to get better stats. That is after all why you say Mihm and Brown are better right? The Stats?

Keep telling yourself that because your centers score a couple more PPG on a team that is desperate for scoring and a couple more RPG on a team that is desperate for rebounding that it makes them better. Dallas is loaded with rebounders and scorers, so it lowers the stats of Damp and Diop. If you really think Chris freakin Mihm and Kwame Brown are better then you should learn the game a little bit better 12 year old.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:29 PM   #25
soog
I brick open layups

Just a quick little response for the laker fan... dropping big words in your post do not help your cause, they just make you seem like an idiot when you mis-spell them. If you are going to use big words use them throughout your post to make it appear that's part of the way you normally speak. Flooding the first half with large words and using none in the second half shows how much effort you were putting into trying to appear smarter than you are. My final tip for using that fantastic vocabulary of yours is to branch out, the repetition of the same large words shows how limited your vocabulary really is.

Now for the topic of centers. You give bomber crap for making comments without seeing the whole season, while you do the same. Your comments obviously came from just watching the playoffs. As for who is better, I would say you do have a few points Mihm can score, and kwame should be able to score. I like Mihm a lot, I was really excited for him coming from UT and actually doing well. You keep going back to shooting ability and how our centers are worse because of scoring. There is the fact that we are much deeper than you are and have many more scorers than you do... taking away touches, spreading the ball around... yada, yada... im assuming that with your large vocabulary you are smart enough to figure out such an impact on an individuals numbers.
Next I'd like to address the fact that we've had scorers at center, remember that the mavs did the run and gun thing before the suns took off with it, we got Raef, that was back when he shot 40% from the arc and led the league in blocks. We've run Juan Howard there, we've run antoine walker there, we've ran dirk there... none of that really worked. What do we do, we get Diop and Damp and go to teh finals, beating SA for the first time on the way. hmmm funny, and that was with our no scoring, defensive minded centers... although you're probably right, if we had Mihm and Brown we would have won it all this year.

Take a second, step down off of your soap box, use words you dont have to look up first, and try to have a good discussion.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: