Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #16
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Dark Knight video game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
thanks for helping to keep a quality standard in the gaming industry

Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #17
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Games based on Movies are HORRIBLE 99.9% of the time because they throw the game together to coincide with the movie release.

I've never played a game based on a current movie that I couldn't beat in one day.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayed knot
that was a fantastic game, and I would have no problem calling it a masterpiece.

Come on now. How hard was it to make an awesome game for NES? There are so many. I mean you basically had two choices, overhead or side scrolling, and you had two buttons to work with. It didn't take a rocket scientist. There are loads of great games for the NES.

I think they tried to go 3D with Shadowgate, but the load time was horrible, and it ended up just being a 3D room-by-room RPG.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #19
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

There were some turds for NES

Total Recall
Back to the Future
Friday the 13th (I kind of like it though)
Jaws
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

just to name a few off the top of my head… heck, alot of the NES games which I like are considered by many to be crap. Some of it is crap and I hold a nostalgic value to some of those games, but there are indeed plenty of crap games on NES… as well as good underrated games.

and I really liked Shadowgate, Deja Vu, and Uninvited… :)
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #20
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
There were some turds for NES

Total Recall
Back to the Future
Friday the 13th (I kind of like it though)
Jaws
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

just to name a few off the top of my head… heck, alot of the NES games which I like are considered by many to be crap. Some of it is crap and I hold a nostalgic value to some of those games, but there are indeed plenty of crap games on NES… as well as good underrated games.

and I really liked Shadowgate, Deja Vu, and Uninvited… :)

Actually, I liked Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I don't remember Jaws all that well. I _think_ I liked it, but couldn't say for sure. I'm positive I played it though, I rented it before I actually owned a Nintendo (rented the system too).

Isn't Friday the 13th an unbeatable game? I'm pretty sure I read that in GameInformer, that you pretty much can't beat Jason.

Mathius
Old 07-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #21
frayed knot
Banned

frayed knot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Come on now. How hard was it to make an awesome game for NES? There are so many. I mean you basically had two choices, overhead or side scrolling, and you had two buttons to work with. It didn't take a rocket scientist. There are loads of great games for the NES.

I think they tried to go 3D with Shadowgate, but the load time was horrible, and it ended up just being a 3D room-by-room RPG.

Mathius

I understand where you're coming from, and maybe its because i remember those games of my youth more fondly. The point was, I'd still rather go back and play those side scrolling, beat 'em up, games with 2 buttons than I would a majority of today's releases. Take Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for example: that game is a massive failure for me since its nothing more than an expansion to the original with a "run" function. I don't think NES games should be slighted for their simplicity or the overall quality of the library.

for the record, i liked Jaws.
frayed knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #22
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayed knot
I understand where you're coming from, and maybe its because i remember those games of my youth more fondly. The point was, I'd still rather go back and play those side scrolling, beat 'em up, games with 2 buttons than I would a majority of today's releases. Take Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for example: that game is a massive failure for me since its nothing more than an expansion to the original with a "run" function. I don't think NES games should be slighted for their simplicity or the overall quality of the library.

for the record, i liked Jaws.

It wasn't meant to be a slight against the NES. In fact I still play a lot of those games on emulators.

My point was, someone was pointing out that movie games were good on the NES, but that's because it just wasn't hard to make a good game for the NES.

Movie games have been notoriously horrible.

There are some pretty good games based on comics though.

Mathius
Old 07-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #23
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

one of the biggest turds on NES was TMNT

i like how turtles DIE when they fall into water, yet there's a level where you are swimming IN water

i also like the fact that NOWHERE in the game is the actualy TMNT theme

PRO nes developers i tell you
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #24
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
There are some pretty good games based on comics though.

I can name one horrible comic based NES game… X-men

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
one of the biggest turds on NES was TMNT

i like how turtles DIE when they fall into water, yet there's a level where you are swimming IN water

i also like the fact that NOWHERE in the game is the actualy TMNT theme

PRO nes developers i tell you

I thought TMNT (1st NES game) was a really good and challenging game…
I played that all summer long in 1989 and beat it just before school started! That was an amazing feeling, that game was tough and to finally beat it… Konami has traditionally been tops with games development. Their NES offerings were some of the best and hold up today…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: