Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #16
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is Marc Gasol Already Overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Marc will not be a star... but he will also NOT be a bust..

I can get behind that. Again, I really didn't mean to disrespect Marc or the Grizzlies in any way. You guys have made some good points, and instead of overrated, you're right; I probably should have said overly expected.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #17
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Grizzled Mayo has an OK reputation so far

now if that man comes out and puts up some darko numbers then he is overrated imo
Grizzled Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #18
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't worry Marc isn't as bad as Darko.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #19
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Maybe darko will be better this season. Maybe he is working on his game and is really determined to become a good player. After reading this I barely believe it.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #20
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Darko and sam bowie are probably the top busts of all time Kwame brown might be up there too
Old 08-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #21
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzled Mayo
Darko and sam bowie are probably the top busts of all time Kwame brown might be up there too

And Olowakandi. The Kandi Man has to be there if we're talking biggest busts of all time.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #22
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
And Olowakandi. The Kandi Man has to be there if we're talking biggest busts of all time.

Tahats because the man was made of candy he couldnt stray healthy ofcourse its hard to stay healthy when your being dunked on all the time
Old 08-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #23
jailer
MillionDollarException

Man if olowandikandi had been drafted a few spots lower. People wouldnt hate him so much. He had a couple of good seasons. But for the most part he was a bench warmer.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:06 AM   #24
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Man if olowandikandi had been drafted a few spots lower. People wouldnt hate him so much. He had a couple of good seasons. But for the most part he was a bench warmer.
The same goes for Darko. If was picked a few spots lower, he wouldn't be seen in the light he is currently seen in, but because he was drafted 2nd after Lebron and in a very deep draft class, people view him as a bust.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #25
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
The same goes for Darko. If was picked a few spots lower, he wouldn't be seen in the light he is currently seen in, but because he was drafted 2nd after Lebron and in a very deep draft class, people view him as a bust.

The only way darko wouldnt look like a bust is if he was drafted in the late teens or in the twenties. Kandi would of looked like a good pick if taken right out of the top ten. People thought when darko was drafted that it was way to high.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #26
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
I'm not trying to hate on Marc Gasol, or the Grizzlies in any way, but I think there's some massively high and unrealistic expectations set for this kid, especially when you consider he hasn't even played an NBA game yet.

For example, www.insidehoops.com/teams lists each teams best players in order (as rated by an insidehoops writer, I think). For the Grizzlies, no surprise, Rudy Gay was rated the best, followed by O.J. Mayo. However, Marc Gasol was ranked the third best player on the Grizzlies.

Now I'm not saying Gasol is bad or anything like that, but #3? Seriously? I mean, first of all, even though the Grizzlies are in a young, rebuilding year (no offense), they still have quite a bit of talent. Hakim Warrick (#4), Mike Conley (#6), and Darko Milicic (#5) are all very talented, and even though Gasol does have a lot of upside, these guys are without doubt more talented as of right now.

Also, Gasol hasn't played an NBA game before. The NBA has a very different style than overseas leagues do, and a lot of times, foreign league players have trouble making the transition, so assuming that just because "Marc has older brother Pau to guide him, he'll make the transition much easier", is a little bit unrealistic, isn't it?

Also, let's not forget, Marc Gasol is a rookie. Rookies usually have to break into the rotation and find their niche, no matter how talented they are. Even O.J. Mayo will have a lot of learning to do, right?

Therefore, isn't it possible that Marc Gasol is already way overrated?
so Mayo has played in the NBA?
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:21 PM   #27
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba

Are you from spain? You sound like a homer.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #28
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba

Well he has played for a branch of the nba in the summer league and he was dominant. Not to mention he played college ball which has more competition then international ball. So he has played vs the best young talent in he world most of whom will be in the nba. Unlike marc gasol.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:49 AM   #29
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzled Mayo
Well he has played for a branch of the nba in the summer league and he was dominant. Not to mention he played college ball which has more competition then international ball. So he has played vs the best young talent in he world most of whom will be in the nba. Unlike marc gasol.

You have no idea about international ball, do you? I can't believe you said college ball has more competition than the second best professional league in the world, which is where Gasol has been named MVP. Dude, college players are kids, not grown men.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #30
jailer
MillionDollarException

Im not agreeing or diagreeing with you guys. But the college level here is very talented. They might not be pros. Even though half of them get paid on the down low anyways,but that another subject. The players on the college level ranging from ages 18-23. Have alot of talent.

Isnt rubio playing n that league and is only 17? How is he not a kid?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: