Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #1
MK_18
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MK_18 has an OK reputation so far
Default 360 Problem

Well I was just about to play some 2k8 and I turned on my 360 but instead I get 3 red rings, the only 1 that isn't lit up is the top left. I turn it off and turn it back on, and none of the lights light up, but the screen is like a red and black checker board.

Has anyone else had this happen?
MK_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:28 AM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 360 Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK_18
Well I was just about to play some 2k8 and I turned on my 360 but instead I get 3 red rings, the only 1 that isn't lit up is the top left. I turn it off and turn it back on, and none of the lights light up, but the screen is like a red and black checker board.

Has anyone else had this happen?
yup.

https://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx?scrx=1

They will send you a box to ship your 360 and in about 2 weeks you'll get it back.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:42 AM   #3
MK_18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
yup.

https://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx?scrx=1

They will send you a box to ship your 360 and in about 2 weeks you'll get it back.

Thanks. Now how much will this cost me or would I just be better off going with a new 360 or a PS3?
Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #4
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: 360 Problem

You've never heard of the RRoD and you own a 360? Strange...
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:04 AM   #5
MK_18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
You've never heard of the RRoD and you own a 360? Strange...

No, I've heard of it. I just wasn't sure the best way to go about things. Like whether to send it off or just get a new system.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:07 AM   #6
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: 360 Problem

Oh ok gotcha.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:11 AM   #7
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Thanks. Now how much will this cost me or would I just be better off going with a new 360 or a PS3?
free.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:11 AM   #8
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Bulls2333 has decent reputation

Quote:

It should cost you nothing. They'll actually give you a three year warrantee, I think.
Bulls2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:23 AM   #9
MK_18

I guess I'll have to wipe the dust off my old xbox and play some Inside Drive for about 2 weeks.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #10
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

360 blows
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #11
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far

Damn. Another one down.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #12
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

my 360 died last night.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #13
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Happened twice to me so far... tought me to buy games for PS3 or PC instead if given the option.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #14
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far

You cats are scaring me. I have 3 games on my list I'm ready to buy(October,November) With my luck, my 360 will die in September. Scew it....I'm not playing it until I purchase the games needed. I'll never forget last year my 360 Died 3 days before NBA 2K8 hit shelves.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

360s are total junk. a buddy at my work's 360 just went kaput...again. this is his 2nd one to die. he's gotta do the whole "send the system back in the coffin" thing and wait. if i had the $, i'd get a ps3.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: