Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Sixers Sign Royal Ivey

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...gent_Ivey.html

Quote:
The Sixers have reached an agreement with the 6-4 backcourt player, who spent last season with the Milwaukee Bucks and the first three seasons of his career with the Atlanta Hawks.

Ivey, 26, will not officially sign a minimum-salary contract until Monday, which is believed to be for 2 years and include a significant guarantee. The league minimum for a player with four seasons of service is $854,957.

The Sixers see Ivey as an off-the-bench complement to Williams because of his size and defensive ability. He averaged 5.6 points and 2.1 assists in 75 games last season, making 20 starts. He entered the league in 2004-05 as a second-round draft choice of the Hawks.

Pretty insignificant. His numbers last year with the Bucks...

19.1 mpg
5.6 ppg
2.1 apg
39.4% fg
32.7% 3fg (35 made)

I guess he'll be the 5th guard for us. He's a good defender, but does pretty much nothing else.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Sixers Sign Royal Ivey

So sixers got a younger version of Ollie? :) Given that Lou isn't a pure point, this addition as insignificant as it is, isn't bad.

But Philly still needs a backup at SF -and a shooter-... C'mon Stefanski.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Not a bad signing depth is needed for this team. Also you can never argue about going defense ever and this guy can bring it defensively. I have seen him play and he is a little better offensively than most people think. He can certainly shutdown opposing guards coming off the bench that Louis can't. The more solid guys we put on that bench the better we will be as a team. I tend to put bench depth number 1 on priority. They may be insignifigant but, you can't win without their help.

Last edited by 76ers4life : 07-24-2008 at 08:22 PM.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
So sixers got a younger version of Ollie? :) Given that Lou isn't a pure point, this addition as insignificant as it is, isn't bad.

But Philly still needs a backup at SF -and a shooter-... C'mon Stefanski.
I'm starting to feel that this may not happen. Out of all the off season moves those two positions worry me the most, particularly the SG position.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I'm from Atlanta and I watched Royal play and he's a good defender. I watched some games when he played with the Bucks and he was very good for them when Michael Redd had to sit out games with some injuries. He is actually a good 3pt shooter, not a great one but he can shoot.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I'm from Atlanta and I watched Royal play and he's a good defender. I watched some games when he played with the Bucks and he was very good for them when Michael Redd had to sit out games with some injuries. He is actually a good 3pt shooter, not a great one but he can shoot.
good to hear. i had heard he was a good defender. his agent said he picked the sixers because they told him nothing was going to be earned and that he would have to play himself into getting mins, so it's good to hear he's willing to work.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
good to hear. i had heard he was a good defender. his agent said he picked the sixers because they told him nothing was going to be earned and that he would have to play himself into getting mins, so it's good to hear he's willing to work.
C'mon, not as if any team was going to give him guaranteed mins
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #8
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

Quote:
True. The point is this guy understands his position and is willing to put in extra hard work to contribute on this team. We need guys like this to build solid chemistry even if nothing is a lock for them.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Haha he could have got them somewhere. 20mpg last year. 20 starts. I'm sure Minnesota, New York, or Miami could have gotten him some.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:54 AM   #10
Californiafan
I brick open layups

Californiafan has an OK reputation so far

He definitely will be buried behind Miller, Iggy, Green, and Williams. Unless there's someone in early foul trouble or an injury, he'll play about as many minutes this year as Ollie played last.
Californiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: