Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 11:46 AM   #16
Darsh
Good college starter
 
Darsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boguts Hood
Posts: 2,125
Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default

NBA would suck

i would never have even become a fan in fact.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:30 PM   #17
jaja
Great young streetballer
 
jaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 284
jaja has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I know, that's why I think Urlacher would be the biggest name in Football today, if Blacks weren't in sports. I just think it's weird how different life, and sports would be if the slave trade never happened.

why do you assume the slave trade is the only way blacks would make it here
jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:46 PM   #18
PP34Deuce
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,328
PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation
Default

THE NBA without black would be perfect ball movement, and scores in the 130's with all white teams that could shoot.

Jason Williams and Steve Nash would be rivaling each other right now.

The best SG right now would be Mike Miller, and Chris Kaman would be the monster at Center.

There wud b no Explosions to the basket,very few isolations.

The NFL without blacks.......
Mike Ditka would be the greatest TE to ever play the game.
Brian Urlacher would take Lawrence Taylors place as THE BEST DEFENSIVE NFL PLAYER EVER.

Except for Urlacher(because hes my favorite) i cudnt handle all this wit no black playrs.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:02 PM   #19
PMshooter
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
PMshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 302
PMshooter has decent reputationPMshooter has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Well, how would sports be different?

They would suck.
PMshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #20
jailer
MillionDollarException
 
jailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,405
jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonyo
Speaking from the bottom of my heart sports would not be entertaining. I don't care what some of the black members of this forum may think, but black people are great athletes. Why do you guys find it offensive if people say blacks are good at sports? It's the damn truth. As a cultural generalization, blacks are very creative at what they do. That helps tremendously when it comes to sports.
Speaking from the bottom of my heart your an idiot.your saying that all sports are only good cause of blacks wow.That makes me so angry biut I cant express it cause I would get banned for rocking you.So I will just say I disagree.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:38 PM   #21
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays
 
Wadeisabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mobbin today
Posts: 1,648
Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far
Default

If the slave trade never would have happened, the US would have failed as a country. I learned that in African-American history last year. The reason our economy was so good was because we had so much free labor. If slaves never came to america, there would be no economy, and with no economy no sports.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:41 PM   #22
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
If the slave trade never would have happened, the US would have failed as a country. I learned that in African-American history last year. The reason our economy was so good was because we had so much free labor. If slaves never came to america, there would be no economy, and with no economy no sports.

thats a possiblity but but far from a fact. THere are just too many variables
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:44 PM   #23
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,986
i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

i don't see the correlation between hockey and black people.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:48 PM   #24
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos
 
xxxSuperStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix via Chicago
Posts: 1,265
xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far
Default

A) If blacks weren't forced here and forced to work, America would not be a country right now. They provided the work labor force for the entire budding U.S. economy.

B) With that aside, "if" there were only white people and assuming Africans never migrated to the U.S., in sports we very well might not be even watching basketball or football now as black stars had a huge part in pushing both of those leagues to where they are now.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:00 PM   #25
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 441
Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation
Default

You would have Blacks in the NBA, blacks just would have started to come to the NBA in the 80's and progress up in the amount of blacks in the NBA currently how the Euro's are doing. Leandro Barbosa, is black by most people's standards but he is from Brazil.

Then are you saying no puerto rican's, brazilians, spainiards in baseball?

NBA scouts go everywhere and any where to find talent. There would just be a lot more blacks being kept over seas to "develop" And a lot more great picks in the 2nd and later rounds and a lot more crappy players picked in the first round.

Dumb question.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:30 AM   #26
Hoonyo
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 317
Hoonyo has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Speaking from the bottom of my heart your an idiot.your saying that all sports are only good cause of blacks wow.That makes me so angry biut I cant express it cause I would get banned for rocking you.So I will just say I disagree.
honestly, i can't help it. all my favorite players are black. the most exciting ones are black. the most dominating players are black. i can't tell are you black and offended or not black and offended? if you're black sorry. if you're not black sorry anyway.

here i'll say this: tennis was exciting before the williams sisters arrived. i loved watching it when agassi and sampras were dominating. i still enjoy watching it now. okay im wrong. not all sports are good because of blacks, but i cant say id enjoy basketball or football as much without the black athlete. they ARE very good, creative and exciting players. you don't see tons of white guys exploding to the rim as much as black guys do. their creativity shows with nice isolation moves and stuff like that.

Last edited by Hoonyo : 09-01-2006 at 04:37 AM.
Hoonyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:15 AM   #27
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
albertpujols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ont
Posts: 474
albertpujols has no real reputation yet.
Default

-Would there be a slam dunk competition?

That's a funny question. A sample lineup...

Micheal Doleac
Brad Miller
Mark Pope
Peja Stojokovic

albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:33 AM   #28
pgm
I hit open layups
 
pgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 115
pgm has an OK reputation so far
Default

I think the white players would just work on their games more.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #29
craigthomasb
College star
 
craigthomasb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,845
craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpujols
-Would there be a slam dunk competition?

That's a funny question. A sample lineup...

Micheal Doleac
Brad Miller
Mark Pope
Peja Stojokovic


Michael Doleac would OWN it
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #30
Joseph40
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Joseph40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5
Joseph40 has an OK reputation so far
Default

this is a really assinine topic...Lets see some of the IVy's wouldn't be here (the founders of Brown University developed their philanthropic means via the slave trade)


Clemson and UVA early campuses were old plantations donated by slave owners and famous US Politicians John C. Calhoun and Thomas Jefferson for example. I could go on and on, but also the economy would not have thrived as early as it did.. there were two things that built the prominent economy and neither included the "America" ethos of bootstrapping and hardwork...


First was the slave trade and second was Samuel Slaters piracy of Englands Industrial blueprints and bringing them over to America thus catipulting the Industrial Revolution...


Please holla back if you want more knowledge.
Joseph40 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy