Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 07-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default OKC team name NOT Thunder?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP)—The NBA has filed for trademark rights to six nicknames for the league’s new Oklahoma City franchise: Barons, Bison, Energy, Marshalls, Thunder and Wind.

The NBA and the team have refused to discuss possible new names for the team formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics ahead of an official announcement, which has not yet been scheduled.

edit: Hey mod, wanna edit that "OCK" in the title to "OKC?"

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 07-28-2008 at 03:48 PM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
Haphazardly

Default Re: OCK team name NOT Thunder?

OKC Haphazardlies!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
Shaq Diesel
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Shaq Diesel has an OK reputation so far

i personally dont like any of those names, hopefully theyll get sumthing better than one of those.
Shaq Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:23 PM   #4
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

DouXer4ouR has decent reputation

Those names are weak....no creativity...nothing. Isn't there anythin in OKC besides storms and Cowboys?
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And "Marshalls" is a misspelling. I know, sometimes Americans add the extra L, but it should only be used in a name as far as I'm concerned.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
malkahc

malkahc has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Re: OCK team name NOT Thunder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouXer4ouR
Those names are weak....no creativity...nothing. Isn't there anythin in OKC besides storms and Cowboys?

Black people(Im black myself), Hispanics(mainly mexicans,guatlans and small amout of puerto rican), Indians(india), Iranian(meet alot of those)Native Americans oh and white people(which thats the only race people think is here this isn't Utah!!!!!!

Gangs Crips,Bloods,Surenos(mexican gang of the nation).
Sports is really big here thats why we're getting a team.

You'll only see Cowboy if you went to a nobody town in oklahoma. and we dont' have ascents just your normal American acsent.

Also we don't have hicks(havent seen any) here, just because we're next Texas doesn't mean anything. Cowboys yes in some areas.

Oklahoma is all about kindness and growth. People dislike us simply because they know nothing about us just because they saw Footloose and Saving Grace(great show but bad image for the state cus its more like TX and Mempis)they all of OK is like that! theres not that much racism here either.

Only reason i wrote this cus the sterotypes are out of control.
malkahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #7
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkahc
Black people(Im black myself), Hispanics(mainly mexicans,guatlans and small amout of puerto rican), Indians(india), Iranian(meet alot of those)Native Americans oh and white people(which thats the only race people think is here this isn't Utah!!!!!!

You'll only see Cowboy if you went to a nobody town in oklahoma. and we dont' have ascents just your normal American acsent.

Also we don't have hicks(havent seen any) here, just because we're next Texas doesn't mean anything. Cowboys yes in some areas.

Oklahoma is all about kindness and growth. People dislike us simply because they know nothing about us just because they saw Footloose and Saving Grace(great show but bad image for the state cus its more like TX and Mempis)they all of OK is like that! theres not that much racism here either.

Nice Rant.

He's right though I've been to Oklahoma and there really isn't anything that all these stero types suggest there is.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:39 AM   #8
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

baron's wud be nice
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:03 AM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like the Barons only cuz it flows well.Thunder is decent but I was thinking about cyclones.but seriously you guys need to hurry up and find a name. Times a tickin....p.s. what about the Oklahoma City Stampede?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #10
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I like the Barons only cuz it flows well.Thunder is decent but I was thinking about cyclones.but seriously you guys need to hurry up and find a name. Times a tickin....p.s. what about the Oklahoma City Stampede?
I agree they need to hurry up. Stampede donsen't sound right. I liked energy.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
SoonerBounce13

SoonerBounce13 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkahc

I know you mean well, but a lot of okies do have accents and there are definately hicks. Not that that is a bad thing. If you get out of the metro areas you will see them. I work in the oilfield and trust me there are hicks
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #12
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

And your new team name is Thunder....have fun with that

http://www.newsok.com/okcs-nba-team-...?tm=1219893105
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #13
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No offense OKC fans but who the hell would wanna be called the Oklahoma City Bisons?
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #14
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i still like clay bennett's sister's suggestion:

the OKC Inbreeders

RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #15
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
No offense OKC fans but who the hell would wanna be called the Oklahoma City Bisons?
Yeah why would they even suggest Bisons? We have the Bisons in Buffalo but it dosen't make sense in OKC.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: