Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-31-2008, 12:16 AM   #16
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 5 Greatest video games of all time IYO

No particular order

1. Final Fantasy VIII
2. Street Fighter 2 The New Challengers
3. Legend of Zelda
4. Vigilante 2nd Offense
5. Tekken Tag
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:45 AM   #17
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Tetris (GB, DS)
2. Super Mario Bros. (NES)
3. Pong (I never play the original one, but I always enjoy it as mini games in other games)
4. Final Fantasy series (especially VI; SNES)
5. Street Fighter 2 (Arcade)

Last edited by kaiteng : 07-31-2008 at 02:52 AM.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:05 AM   #18
BlogOFfatman

How can nooone say....

Half Life 2 is top 5 easily....

As for the Rest...

Zelda Ocarina of Time
Resident Evil 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy 7
Old 07-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #19
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

1. San Andreas
2. Starfox 64
3. GTA IV
4. Pokemon Yellow
5. Mario 64
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:37 PM   #20
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Legend of Zelda
Resident Evil I
Resident Evil 4
GTA Vice City
Metroid
Tomb Raider I

I've never been a fan of First Person, so while I've played most of the Call of Duties, and Golden Eye, they never grabbed me the way they did others. I love the sand box styles, which for me started with Zelda.
The way the house opened up in the first Resident Evil was a one of a kind experience for me. And the notion of carrying space, and ammo rationing was new, and just difficult enough to be enjoyable without being a burden. I remember being stuck getting to a door with two Green Jumper guys, and no ammo left, and having to repeatedly try to manuever around them. That in addition to the first time I experienced what was a genuinely creepy atmosphere. I remember actually jumping at the beginning when the dogs come through the windows.
I really didn't like RE4 from the get go. Part of what I liked so much about the orignal was the prerendered backgrounds, and the cinematic camera angles. Sure sometimes they got you stuck, and you couldn't see what you were looking at, but they allowed for more scriptedly creepy atmosphere elements, like when you walk into a hall, and all of a sudden there's an overhead shot and there's dead bodies on the floor. Not having the same aiming set, I got frustrated and put it down. But after a while, the story, sucked me in, along with some of the better characters in the games line, like the chainsaw guys, and the large bosses. Unlike the other sequels too, it felt more open to me, like the original. Two on seemed like a tree split, where there'd be two ways to go, one way had a locked door, the other way a key, and so on and so forth.
Vice City remains my favorite of the GTA's, although I haven't finished this one yet. The attention to detail in what is a more specific setting, both time wise and place wise, along with the best voice acting for a game ever, sets it apart.
Metroid is probably a precursor to Zelda in terms of free roaming play. Only it did so as a side scroller. Which still fascinates me. Some of the weapons at the time, and the roller attack, remain among the most unique ever. Great trick ending, and the jelly fish Metroids are awesome.
Tomb Raider was the first time I recall real seperation from the first person view, without giving up the first person advantages by using the over the shoulder camera. And with it's premium on exploring, as opposed to it's sequels focusing more on shootouts, I was bound to like it. The more natural levels always appealed to me. The later games with the cloud levels, and lava platforming really turned me off.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:51 PM   #21
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I've never been a fan of First Person…

Metroid is probably a precursor to Zelda in terms of free roaming play. Only it did so as a side scroller. Which still fascinates me. Some of the weapons at the time, and the roller attack, remain among the most unique ever. Great trick ending, and the jelly fish Metroids are awesome.

I am not a fan of first person games myself… having asian decent, I have heard urban legands that asian people acutally suffer from motion sickness though I have never had any physical ailments from playing such games, they lack what I enjoy in a game…

I believe Metroid to be something of a ground breaking title, and the original is premium grade, I find the third instalment the best in the franchise… the gameplay elements continue to be around in todays games and the older Metroid titles continue to hold well today and forever…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:02 PM   #22
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

How could I have fogotten Suikoden 1 & 2?! I recently got Suikoden 2 on my psp !
glidedrxlr22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:12 PM   #23
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I am not a fan of first person games myself… having asian decent, I have heard urban legands that asian people acutally suffer from motion sickness though I have never had any physical ailments from playing such games, they lack what I enjoy in a game…

I believe Metroid to be something of a ground breaking title, and the original is premium grade, I find the third instalment the best in the franchise… the gameplay elements continue to be around in todays games and the older Metroid titles continue to hold well today and forever…

I had issues with car sickness when I was younger, and I wonder if that had an affect on my feeling toward FP games.

I went from Atari, to NES, to Genesis, to PS, to PSII, and now PSIII. So I missed out on most of the Super Nintendo, N64 stuff. I've played a lot of it, I had friends and cousins who had the systems, but not enough to put anything in my personal top 5
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:50 PM   #24
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'm curious, what's the ages in this thread.

I ask because I talked to a girl the other day who when I asked if she knew was pong was, she started discussing beer pong
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:25 AM   #25
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
I'm curious, what's the ages in this thread.

I ask because I talked to a girl the other day who when I asked if she knew was pong was, she started discussing beer pong
I know Pong!!..It's probably the simplest of games..but still fun too play

Some nice games listed already ..one I forgot about was .. Mario Kart for the SNES !! classic!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:00 AM   #26
Glo41
Mavs & Knicks 4ever

Glo41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
How could I have fogotten Suikoden 1 & 2?! I recently got Suikoden 2 on my psp !
You have the japanese version or your using popstation?

I'm surprised posters like you and Sonic R actually played Suikoden 1 and 2. Its not often you see posters on a basketball forum play those games and consider them one of the best. Nice to hear though.
Glo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #27
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glo41

I'm surprised posters like you and Sonic R actually played Suikoden 1 and 2. Its not often you see posters on a basketball forum play those games and consider them one of the best. Nice to hear though.

Actually, I was excited about Suikoden before it came out. The idea of having an army of 108 characters to choose from was awesome. It was one of the better RPG experiences I ever had. I borrowed Suikoden 2 from a friend, but regret never passing it or buying. As you, know it became kinda rare to find this game later. So now I get to play the Playstation version on my psp, not the combo umd Japanese version.
glidedrxlr22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #28
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glo41

I have to say the Suikoden games are some of the best RPG's on the PlayStation (along with Persona 2, Star Ocean 2, and Valkyrie Profile - Tri Ace ftw!)

I just recently played through Suikoden about 6 months ago for the 3rd time! Time to play through II again… I want to try to see what happens when you carry over data to Suikoden III.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #29
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Any NCAA football
Any Guitar Hero

The rest do not matter to me.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #30
Glo41
Mavs & Knicks 4ever

Glo41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Actually, I was excited about Suikoden before it came out. The idea of having an army of 108 characters to choose from was awesome. It was one of the better RPG experiences I ever had. I borrowed Suikoden 2 from a friend, but regret never passing it or buying. As you, know it became kinda rare to find this game later. So now I get to play the Playstation version on my psp, not the combo umd Japanese version.
Hmm I see...I wish I bought it as well before. I'm not sure even I would chalk over 300 bucks for it on ebay. But what firmware are you using and does it run smooth and good? I want to play it on psp as well but I heard that with my firmware(3.40), it will freeze on the mist monster. Too lazy to upgrade, Its pretty complicated stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
I have to say the Suikoden games are some of the best RPG's on the PlayStation (along with Persona 2, Star Ocean 2, and Valkyrie Profile - Tri Ace ftw!)

I just recently played through Suikoden about 6 months ago for the 3rd time! Time to play through II again… I want to try to see what happens when you carry over data to Suikoden III.
Wow are interests and tastes in games are very similar. I actually played Suikoden 2 13 times(took me around 6-8 tries to get the good ending) already and Suikoden 1 being around 4.
Glo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: