Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-29-2008, 03:15 AM   #1
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far
Default Rumor: Bulls/Kings trade in the making....

Saw it off another forum, don't kno how credible it is so don't attack me if it doesn't happen...

The Kings would send Brad Miller for Nocioni, Cedric Simmons, and a future first...

The Bulls are hesitant to make the trade because they have yet to resign Deng and Gordon...

The Kings also want Noah in the trade instead of Simmons, but that seems to make the trade more in favor of the Kings...

MY OPINION:

Miller would be a good, true center who's 2 year $11 million contract comes off the books in 2010 (good for the plan), but if we include Noah, I think we should be getting the future first in return...

Miller and a first for Nocioni and Noah--Not a bad trade

We'll see if it turns into a reality...
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Bulls2333 has decent reputation
Default Re: Rumor: Bulls/Kings trade in the making....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
Saw it off another forum, don't kno how credible it is so don't attack me if it doesn't happen...

The Kings would send Brad Miller for Nocioni, Cedric Simmons, and a future first...

The Bulls are hesitant to make the trade because they have yet to resign Deng and Gordon...

The Kings also want Noah in the trade instead of Simmons, but that seems to make the trade more in favor of the Kings...

MY OPINION:

Miller would be a good, true center who's 2 year $11 million contract comes off the books in 2010 (good for the plan), but if we include Noah, I think we should be getting the future first in return...

I think the Bulls really need to keep Nocioni. He's a do it all kind of guy, its hard to find players with his agressiveness and toughness on the court. His stroke from the 3-point land is something the Bulls will need.

If this trade happens, I'd welcome it. We could use someone of Brad Millers size who can put up some numbers in the post.

I'd rather the organization give up Aaron Gray instead of Noah at this point. If Noah has to be included also, we need to give the Kings a royal f*ck you.

Last edited by Bulls2333 : 07-29-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Bulls2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Rumor: Bulls/Kings trade in the making....

If we make this trade, it would further clog up the frontcourt minutes. We cannot just add a big guy that should be starting when we can't find enough minutes for our current players as it is. Don't get me wrong, I have always liked Brad Miller, but I don't think he is what the Bulls need right now.

If we were to do the Miller and a 1st for Noc and Noah, I think that would be a better trade, because Sacramento is likely to stink again this year in the West, but like was mentioned earlier, we don't have Deng signed, so this would have to wait at least until we resign him (if we do). I don't think Sacramento would trade for Noc unless they already had a deal in place to get rid of Artest. If they keep both of these guys on the same team, that is way too much money to spend on one position. Just like if we resign Deng, I think we have to think about trading Noc, because $8 million is too much for a backup, and I don't think he will play much at PF this season.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Bulls2333 has decent reputation

We should've pulled the trigger on Pau Gasol. That would've solved the predicament we're in right now. Now we have to watch him at the peak of his career play for the Lakers. What a shame.
Bulls2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

MY OPINION:

I hate that trade... Brad Miller sucks... I would rather just give the much younger Noah 30 minutes per game... this trade sounds bogus to me...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
CaNt Be ToUcHeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
I hate that trade... Brad Miller sucks... I would rather just give the much younger Noah 30 minutes per game... this trade sounds bogus to me...

its not bogus bro and it will probably happen

notice only 4 days ago the bulls went hard after Nenad Kristic, they are in need of a center

and this doesnt create a log jam, it loosens everything up

rose/hughes/hinrich
hinrich/gordon
deng/thabo
gooden/thomas
miller/noah

gray is a waste of time who will only get a minute or two in blowouts so forget him
Old 07-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
CaNt Be ToUcHeD

and if it doesnt make sense to you, think of these things:

Alot of you aren't keeping an open mind...

Why Bulls do it:

They get a good center that will take less attention off Deng, Gordon, and Rose and will help them flourish because the Bulls actually have a threat down low.

They get rid of Nocioni's over payed contract.

They get a 2010 expirer (good for the 2010 plan).

This will free up minutes all around now...

rose 28/hinrich 20
gordon 30/hinrich 10/thabo 8
deng 34/thabo 14
tyrus 24/gooden 24
miller 24/noah 24

Why Kings do it:

This allows them to deal Artest without needing to get a SF in return, they can get whatever, probably maximum, value for him.

They get ride of the aging Brad Miller.

And it frees up minutes for the rookie Jason Thompson and Spencer Hawes.

So imo, this trade does make sense, alot in fact.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

F this trade
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #9
babybulls85
I brick open layups

babybulls85 has an OK reputation so far

There is no way I would include a future first round pick in this trade. We're talking about a guy in the decline of his career making 11 million a season who has never averaged more than 15 pts a game and has only averaged 10 rebs a game once. I know the west is harder, but what have the kings done recently? nothing. This guy won't bring much to our team.

Last edited by babybulls85 : 07-29-2008 at 06:09 PM.
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #10
Bulls2night
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bulls2night has an OK reputation so far

Are you kidding me... Brad Miller. Didn't we have him once back in 00-01 and 01-02 and then we traded him away for Jalen Rose. We had the worst record in the league with Brad Miller at the C and now we want him again. Honestly I can't describe the amount of ignorance Paxson has to make this trade. I have been very hard pressed for Paxson to make a trade but not for Noc/Noah for Miller and a #1. Sign and trade Gordon/Deng. These are the two players we should be focused on either signing or trading. Why are we even having conversations with other teams if it doesn't include Deng or Gordon, these two are our problem children.

DON'T MAKE THE TRADE...There has to be other options than Brad Miller, I just don't think Paxson is even looking.
Bulls2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #11
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls2night
Are you kidding me... Brad Miller. Didn't we have him once back in 00-01 and 01-02 and then we traded him away for Jalen Rose. We had the worst record in the league with Brad Miller at the C and now we want him again. Honestly I can't describe the amount of ignorance Paxson has to make this trade. I have been very hard pressed for Paxson to make a trade but not for Noc/Noah for Miller and a #1. Sign and trade Gordon/Deng. These are the two players we should be focused on either signing or trading. Why are we even having conversations with other teams if it doesn't include Deng or Gordon, these two are our problem children.

DON'T MAKE THE TRADE...There has to be other options than Brad Miller, I just don't think Paxson is even looking.

this trade is BS... Paxson isn't THIS stupid... Brad Miller is ****ing 32... he has a lot of good basketball left ( roll eyes)
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #12
CaNt Be ToUcHeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
this trade is BS... Paxson isn't THIS stupid... Brad Miller is ****ing 32... he has a lot of good basketball left ( roll eyes)

its not bs, sac just traded artest, we r trying to get a big man... it makes sense

and he comes off the books in 2010...

Miller + Hughes gone = Wade in
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #13
babybulls85
I brick open layups

Quote:

Miller + Hughes gone = Wade in

LOL if only it were that easy
Old 07-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #14
CaNt Be ToUcHeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybulls85
LOL if only it were that easy

its the right start
Old 07-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #15
babybulls85
I brick open layups

Quote:
its the right start

we probably won't even be able to fit it anyway once u figure in Deng's extension that is rumoring to nearly be done and Rose's contract. Not to mention this team has been rebuilding since the last championship, Paxson isn't going to set up something to rebuild for two more years because he might not still have a job.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: