Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 01-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #151
TarCat
I brick open layups

TarCat has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Our "one" Panther thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I don't blame Peppers at all. The Panthers don't seem to be going anywhere; the team would be much better if LB drafted their players.

I don't blame Julius either. I am so thankful that I have been able to see him play (in person) for 10 years. I will continue to be Peppers fan. Heck, I might continue to wear my black Peppers jersey.
TarCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:22 AM   #152
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Why hasn't John Fox been fired yet?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #153
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

we need to trade peppers for a either some draft picks or a good QB
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #154
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

I agree that we could use a good QB--at least one better than what we've got now. But with one more year on Delhomme's contract and the fact that he's 34 years old, I suspect that he'll stay with the Panthers for this one more season.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #155
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

The Panthers have given Jake Delhomme a five-year contract extension, I suspect that's on top of this coming season which was the last season on his current contract. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?????????/ 5 MORE YEARS OF JAKE DELHOMME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT WAS THE F.O. THINKING???????????
(The article is online in today's Charlotte Observer.)
Old 04-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #156
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I commented on this in another thread, but...

Is Richardson growing a little too senile? We need someone better than Delhomme. He sucks. Its a shame that the FO believes he's the reason we made it to the Super Bowl and NFC championship and a good record last year. NO, its been our defense, Steve Smith, and our running game. Delhomme is the reason we've lost those games.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #157
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

I predict another up-and-down season with disappointment and anger to end the year. We still don't know whether Peppers will re-sign, either.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #158
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Well, Peppers did re-sign even if only for one year. At this point I have no feelings either way about how our team will fare during the season. I'm just not too happy about Delhomme having signed another long-term contract.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #159
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Yeah, I might not be as adamant about the team this year because of that deal. I also think Peppers isn't going to play to his full potential because he doesn't want to be here.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #160
TH50
Banned

TH50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Yeah, I might not be as adamant about the team this year because of that deal. I also think Peppers isn't going to play to his full potential because he doesn't want to be here.

Are you kidding me???? We returning all starters on offense,coming off a 12-4 season I see no reason we can't back that up.so what if jake had one bad game **** happens.we possible have the best running attack in the league,A WR who a at anytime can chage the impact of a game and you wanna sit here like an idiot and say well this season don't look too good.bs we gonna be just fine have a little faith for god sakes.
TH50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:51 PM   #161
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Since the '03 season when we made the Super Bowl, our records have been:

2003: 11-5 (Made Super Bowl)
2004: 7-9 (No playoffs)
2005: 11-5 (Made NFC Champ)
2006: 8-8 (No playoffs)
2007: 7-9 (No playoffs)
2008: 12-4 (Made NFC Divisional)

now, you could look at this 1 of 2 ways. 1) we go 3 seasons now without making the playoffs, or 2) we don't make the playoffs next year.

The fact of the matter is, Jake Delhomme cannot play in pressure. I don't know how many times it's come down to a goal line situation at the end of the game and he's thrown an INT. I don't know how many times I've seen him fumble the ball after he gets hit. In 6 seasons with this team, he has played four full seasons. In those four seasons, the fewest INTs he's thrown is 12. That's not good. The reasons we were good last year was because Steve Smith and Julius Peppers had great years, and Stewart and Williams had breakout years. I guarantee you teams have taken notice and our two RBs will not have as good a season as last year.

I never said I wasn't going to support the team, nor did I say I wasn't going to watch the games, but when the season ends this January, don't say I didn't tell you so.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #162
TH50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Since the '03 season when we made the Super Bowl, our records have been:

2003: 11-5 (Made Super Bowl)
2004: 7-9 (No playoffs)
2005: 11-5 (Made NFC Champ)
2006: 8-8 (No playoffs)
2007: 7-9 (No playoffs)
2008: 12-4 (Made NFC Divisional)

now, you could look at this 1 of 2 ways. 1) we go 3 seasons now without making the playoffs, or 2) we don't make the playoffs next year.

The fact of the matter is, Jake Delhomme cannot play in pressure. I don't know how many times it's come down to a goal line situation at the end of the game and he's thrown an INT. I don't know how many times I've seen him fumble the ball after he gets hit. In 6 seasons with this team, he has played four full seasons. In those four seasons, the fewest INTs he's thrown is 12. That's not good. The reasons we were good last year was because Steve Smith and Julius Peppers had great years, and Stewart and Williams had breakout years. I guarantee you teams have taken notice and our two RBs will not have as good a season as last year.

I never said I wasn't going to support the team, nor did I say I wasn't going to watch the games, but when the season ends this January, don't say I didn't tell you so.

to be honest I think dwill & jstew are gonna run wild again this season .Team can gameplan all they want let them stack the box thats gonna open up our passing game and smitty gonna burn them.plus don't forget dwayne jarrett was playing good himself last season now with more playing time he get this season thats just another weapon.I also can wait till see this Brown kid on defense him & peppers together gonna be fun to watch.

Be postive man least we got a team that can contend.i feel bad for lions & raiders fans they have no chance going into the season.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #163
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

I have no argument with the assessments made already in this post regarding our supporting cast but I do think that Delhomme is the Panther's weak link. I've watched nearly every game for the past six years and IMO Jake cannot match up consistently with the likes of Brady, LeFavre, etc. And now Jeff Gonzalez from USC is coming into the league. Delhomme has flashes of brilliance, just like Okafor does for the Bobcats, but a flash of brilliance is not enough to sustain a winning record against most of the other teams for an entire season. Okay Jake was better earlier in his career but I don't think he'll be consistently strong this season and to sign him to a five-year contract was sheer lunacy.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #164
TH50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I have no argument with the assessments made already in this post regarding our supporting cast but I do think that Delhomme is the Panther's weak link. I've watched nearly every game for the past six years and IMO Jake cannot match up consistently with the likes of Brady, LeFavre, etc. And now Jeff Gonzalez from USC is coming into the league. Delhomme has flashes of brilliance, just like Okafor does for the Bobcats, but a flash of brilliance is not enough to sustain a winning record against most of the other teams for an entire season. Okay Jake was better earlier in his career but I don't think he'll be consistently strong this season and to sign him to a five-year contract was sheer lunacy.

we just went 12-4 with jake as our qb so he did'n hold us back.I know his game aginst arizona sucked but thats what not his night you can't tell me he throw 6 ints every week. call me a homer or whatever but I believe Jake is gonna have a solid season he not gonna forget that night vs arizona and its make him a better qb.

as far as that 5 year deal that was prob just a cap move I don't see jake playing here all 5 years.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #165
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH50
we just went 12-4 with jake as our qb so he did'n hold us back.I know his game aginst arizona sucked but thats what not his night you can't tell me he throw 6 ints every week. call me a homer or whatever but I believe Jake is gonna have a solid season he not gonna forget that night vs arizona and its make him a better qb.

as far as that 5 year deal that was prob just a cap move I don't see jake playing here all 5 years.

Jake gets rattled easily and there have been many games where his throwing was off and his decision-making was poor. More so than the top-notch QBs. I'm not talking just one or two games, I'm talking seasons. And the five-year deal is for real. That will allow Delhomme to finish his career with the Panthers. He said that himself. So TH50 we're just going to have to agree to disagree and see how the season pans out.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: