Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #181
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Our "one" Panther thread

What a disgusting pre-season. Pitiful.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #182
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
What a disgusting pre-season. Pitiful.

It's gonna be a long season. I wish my PSL was only good every other year.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #183
TBone
I airball my layups

TBone has decent reputation

I never put much stock in the pre-season. I just want the DT situation rectified. Gotta get someone in there so Beason won't have to fight guards and centers off to make the tackle
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #184
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

I love Kenny moore. It looks like he's going to be the 3rd receiver.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #185
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

I just don't understand why Jeremy Leman was cut. Leman was like a torpedo on automatic headed for the opposing QB. But then I don't understand why Delhomme was signed to an extended contract instead of canned or why Fox is still head coach. It's going to be a long season.............
Old 09-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #186
TBone
I airball my layups

TBone has decent reputation

I actually like coach Fox. I agree with about the Delhomme re-signing though. I know it wasn't all his fault (last year's playoff game), but come on 6 turnovers???
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:04 AM   #187
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Talking with the gals up at the Day Spa last evening. They've had it with Delhomme AND Fox. IMO the team has gotten progressively worse over the past few years and it certainly hasn't happened by accident. One friend has gone to all the home games for years and doesn't want to go this season. I'm not sure if I should agree with her just for the sake of maybe purchasing her PSL for cheap, or what.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #188
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've been a PSL owner from the beginning. It's gonna be a long season but hopefully nothing like the 1-15 season we had to endure. Still, I'm excited about Sunday because it's FOOTBALL!!!!

Can I get an AMEN?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #189
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

From the Associated Press in today's Winston-Salem Journal:

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2...onal-football/

Sort of reinforces those of us who approach the new season with trepidation. But yes football is here and even though I don't have tickets, yet, for any home games I've watched six seasons mostly on TV and can't imagine ignoring our guys altogether.

Okay--AMEN!
Old 09-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #190
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

...so what do we do about Delhomme?

Deal with it, let him send the franchise into the toilet, possibly pissing off our best players so they want to leave (ie, Steve Smith, our RBs, and our good defensive players), allowing us to get a high draft pick and draft either Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, etc.?

Orrr, just find another QB now.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #191
Talent
High school junior varsity star

Talent has an OK reputation so far

Delhomme is done, but also, this O line is awful.
Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #192
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Delhomme isn't the only problem. How come for the past five games we've been steamrolled by the opponents defense? Every game. Today I'm watching Peppers, Steve Smith, Muhsin, et al playing like rookies. Makes me ill.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #193
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Eagles 38/Panthers 10. Sigh.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #194
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
...so what do we do about Delhomme?

Deal with it, let him send the franchise into the toilet, possibly pissing off our best players so they want to leave (ie, Steve Smith, our RBs, and our good defensive players), allowing us to get a high draft pick and draft either Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, etc.?

Orrr, just find another QB now.

Package him with another player peppers goodson or another player ship him off somewhere get either a qb in return or a 1st draft rookie coming in and let him ride the bench. I think we need to trade him or put him on the bench nowwww. but for some reason i believe he will start next week have a good game and either blow it for us the next weeks or lead us into an ok season but miss the playoffs
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #195
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsandheels
Package him with another player peppers goodson or another player ship him off somewhere get either a qb in return or a 1st draft rookie coming in and let him ride the bench. I think we need to trade him or put him on the bench nowwww. but for some reason i believe he will start next week have a good game and either blow it for us the next weeks or lead us into an ok season but miss the playoffs

It's likely that the Panthers will win a game or more this season but a win won't make them a good team. We need a good team that can stand up to the rigors of an entire season. So okay if we bench or trade Jake in favor of a better QB, there's still the challenge of building both a strong offense and a strong defense, neither of which we have right now. So, what do we do???????????
(I was stoked, though, about Thomas Davis performance in this game.)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: