Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #196
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Our "one" Panther thread

I was looking at our schedule...and I predict a 4-12 season.

I know, I know, never the optimist. But at least this way, I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #197
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

Don Banks > INSIDE THE NFL

Snap Judgments from Week 1

Story Highlights
Jake Delhomme may be done in Carolina -- and I mean toast

Jake Delhomme may be done in Carolina. I mean toast. Finito. It's going to take all the faith John Fox can muster to stand behind his beleaguered starting QB this time, recent contract extension or not. After months of telling everyone that Delhomme's five-turnover meltdown in the Panthers' home playoff loss against Arizona last January was an aberration, not the rule, Delhomme went out on that same field and turned the ball over five more times (four interceptions and a fumble lost) in an uglier-than-it-sounds 38-10 loss to the visiting Eagles.

Fox benched Delhomme in the second half, after his fifth turnover, and you wonder how the Panthers head coach can possibly run him out there again. I know this much: It's a lucky break for Delhomme that Carolina faces two road games (at Atlanta, at Dallas) and a Week 4 bye before returning to Bank of America Stadium in Week 5 against Washington. Maybe some of the stench of the Panthers' opener and Delhomme's latest debacle will have faded by then.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #198
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

omg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

Don Banks > INSIDE THE NFL

Snap Judgments from Week 1

Story Highlights
Jake Delhomme may be done in Carolina -- and I mean toast

Jake Delhomme may be done in Carolina. I mean toast. Finito. It's going to take all the faith John Fox can muster to stand behind his beleaguered starting QB this time, recent contract extension or not. After months of telling everyone that Delhomme's five-turnover meltdown in the Panthers' home playoff loss against Arizona last January was an aberration, not the rule, Delhomme went out on that same field and turned the ball over five more times (four interceptions and a fumble lost) in an uglier-than-it-sounds 38-10 loss to the visiting Eagles.

Fox benched Delhomme in the second half, after his fifth turnover, and you wonder how the Panthers head coach can possibly run him out there again. I know this much: It's a lucky break for Delhomme that Carolina faces two road games (at Atlanta, at Dallas) and a Week 4 bye before returning to Bank of America Stadium in Week 5 against Washington. Maybe some of the stench of the Panthers' opener and Delhomme's latest debacle will have faded by then.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #199
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It was eerie how similar this game was to the Arizona game. Nice opening drive followed by an endless series of mishaps.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #200
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/211...k=omni_popular

Delhomme's good days all behind him?
By Tom Sorensen
tsorensen@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Tuesday, Sep. 15, 2009

Jake Delhomme led the Carolina Panthers to the Super Bowl, an NFC Championship Game and, last season, a 12-4 record. He played in a Pro Bowl.

But his accomplishments suddenly feel so ancient they might as well be captured on video tape and in yellowed newspaper clippings.

Delhomme has to prove against Atlanta on Sunday that he still is capable of playing quarterback in the NFL. His meltdowns, back-to-back and six months apart, are so staggering they're incomprehensible.

There is a history of athletes instantly losing the qualities that made them special. Boxer Mike Tyson did, golfer David Duval did and baseball player Chuck Knoblauch did. Perhaps Delhomme has, too.

If he is as bad against Atlanta as he was against Philadelphia and Arizona, he has to be pulled early.

But what does John Fox do after that?

With backup quarterback Josh McCown gone for the season, Fox's top backup is Matt Moore. Moore, 25, is big enough, athletic and the team's best table-tennis player. He can move a little and throws a nice spiral.

But nothing he has done, and nothing the Panthers have said or implied, indicates he is Carolina's quarterback of the future. If Delhomme continues to implode, Fox might have to declare Moore the quarterback of the present.

This is how urgent the quarterback search has become. McCown could have returned in a few weeks, a source says. But the Panthers couldn't wait a few weeks. They needed a quarterback now. So even though McCown knew the offense, they shipped him to injured reserve, meaning he can't play again this season, and hired former Eagle A.J. Feeley.

We like new, but in Feeley's last season he threw eight interceptions and five touchdown passes. He is not a savior. All the saviors are gone. Looking for a quarterback in mid-September is like being the last writer at the press box buffet. Peas. Cool.

The Eagles also had interest in Feeley. After the Panthers signed him, the Eagles signed 39-year-old Jeff Garcia. Garcia is a smart guy who moves his team down the field in little steps and rarely makes a drive-stopping, game-ending mistake. But he is not known as a happy reserve. He wants to be the quarterback.

Delhomme is the quarterback. He has earned the opportunity to start against Atlanta. Now he has to earn the right to stay in the game.

I've heard from at least 30 readers who ripped me for my long-time support of Delhomme. They all saw the demise of the quarterback coming while I did not. They all knew he was going to fail Sunday.

Some, I recall, even anticipated that Delhomme would turn the ball over five times. A few made the prediction Sunday night, but most waited until Monday.

I believed Delhomme could one more time summon the savvy and competitiveness we saw last September, October, November and December. I haven't given up.

So I'm guilty. I admit it.

But I'm not that guilty. I also advocated that the Panthers sign Michael Vick.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #201
TBone
I airball my layups

TBone has decent reputation

We signed AJ Feely to be the insurance policy in case Delhomme gives us another performance like Sunday. I wished we had signed Garcia
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #202
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Garcia would definitely have been the better option, but didn't Philly beat us to it?

Oh well.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:10 AM   #203
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Garcia would definitely have been the better option, but didn't Philly beat us to it?

Oh well.

From what I read in the paper Philly signed Garcia only after we signed the other guy. So our FO had a choice between Garcia and the other guy.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #204
TBone
I airball my layups

TBone has decent reputation

According to NFL radio, the organization didn't want to put too much pressure on Delhomme by bringing Garcia. OMG Delhomme just threw another INT !
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:55 PM   #205
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone
According to NFL radio, the organization didn't want to put too much pressure on Delhomme by bringing Garcia. OMG Delhomme just threw another INT !

Me thinks that us fans want a winning team this year. Too bad those in the Panther's organization don't seem to have the same goal.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #206
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I'm sure they have the same goal, they're just too stupid to realize how to do so.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #207
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Another pitiful game. At least today we showed flashes of competence but that's about it. Could it be true that Bill Cowher could replace John Fox as coach as soon as next week? Of course Fox is only the most visible of the cogs in the wheel but not the only reason that the Panthers season seems over by the end of our second game. Is anyone else as dis-spirited as I am or am I too pessimistic too soon?
Old 09-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #208
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

OWL, you need to go on the TORT (Timmeh Optimism Reversal Trick), I'm not disspirited (if that's a word).

I've already expected a disappointing outcome. Its almost like being pessimistic with a positive attitude. If you expect the worst, you aren't disappoint when the worst comes. And, on the other hand, if something great happens, you are twice as happy.

I wish I had done this for ECU's football season, but I'm just disappointed at how that's going.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #209
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Yes 'dis-spirited' is a word. And yes, I'm 'dis-spirited.' Doesn't mean that won't change but I'm not that into wishful thinking.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #210
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Tonight against Dallas. Yikes. I read that Romo didn't do too well in their last game but at least Dallas isn't 0-2 likely to become 0-3. What do you folks think will happen if we lose tonight's game? Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead. And too negatively.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: