Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #286
jaggedmole
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jaggedmole has decent reputation
Default Re: Our "one" Panther thread

Don''t sleep on Lafells. I really think he steps in and takes that #2 spot from Jarrett. I'm excited for our chances this season. The D-Line scares me though.
jaggedmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #287
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggedmole
Don''t sleep on Lafells. I really think he steps in and takes that #2 spot from Jarrett. I'm excited for our chances this season. The D-Line scares me though.

What D-Line?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #288
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Does anyone have any kind of analysis or educated opinion of what to expect with the soon-to-begin season? I'm lost. And how will Matt Moore stack up against the league's best? (like Jake Delhomme of the Cleveland Browns...:)
I guess 'apprehensive' is the best way to describe my feelings toward the new season.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #289
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I really don't see a lot of good reasons to be excited about the new season. Our running game will pretty much be our only bright spot.

Matt Moore only had success last year because teams weren't able to study his tendencies because he hadn't played much and there wasn't any film to go buy. He may have some success this year, but I don't see us making the playoffs with him.

Our receivers are weak. Steve Smith's attitude is really getting to me. I just don't see the passion anymore.

Our defense has been dismantled and it seems like we always have some huge injuries to start - or at the beginning - of the season.

That being said, I hope Jimmy Claussen is the best Notre Dame quarterback ever.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:00 AM   #290
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Our defense has been dismantled and it seems like we always have some huge injuries to start - or at the beginning - of the season.

This. Some young guys that we've never heard of need to step up or we're really screwed here. At least we have a relatively easy schedule.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:28 AM   #291
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

I was relieved last night after watching the second half of the Panthers-Titans game. Mike Goodson has come out of the woodwork. Our defense continues to be good. I'm still worried about our offense when it comes to the actual season and facing the more experienced players on the other teams. I think we'll be lucky to reach .500 this season. And I mean lucky!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #292
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I was relieved last night after watching the second half of the Panthers-Titans game. Mike Goodson has come out of the woodwork. Our defense continues to be good. I'm still worried about our offense when it comes to the actual season and facing the more experienced players on the other teams. I think we'll be lucky to reach .500 this season. And I mean lucky!

Having Steve Smith back will help a lot. He'll get double-teamed which should help some other guys get open. It should also help the running game and give Moore a little more room since there will be less coverage up front.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #293
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

^^ Yeah that turned out well.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #294
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
^^ Yeah that turned out well.

Given the youth of the team, mgmt surely can't be expecting a winning season.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #295
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Matt Moore is just not a good quarterback. I don't get what the FO sees in him. Williams/Stewart and Steve Smith can make any QB look decent.

Let's give the Clausen era an early test run.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #296
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Matt Moore is just not a good quarterback. I don't get what the FO sees in him. Williams/Stewart and Steve Smith can make any QB look decent.

Let's give the Clausen era an early test run.

That might happen given Moore's concussion.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #297
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Remember how Vinnie Testaverde was hired out of retirement to give the Panthers a temporary veteran to run the team? Well, we need that now. Not Vinnie, but someone like him who can rescue us and allow us to have some sort of season. Without that we're sunk. Moore has got to be out and Clausen doesn't have enough experience to be the starting QB. So, ISH experts, what's the next move?
Old 09-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #298
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

There's really only two or three options:

1) we take the lumps of rookie growing pains (and hope he's the next Mark Sanchez) and start Clausen for the rest of the year. At least we'd have a valid excuse to suck.

2) we go out and sign some FA QB like Daunte Culpepper, Jeff Garcia, or JaMarcus Russell (jk).

3) we trade for Matt Leinart (kidding again).
Old 09-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #299
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I think they're gonna throw Clausen to the wolves.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #300
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I think they're gonna throw Clausen to the wolves.

And if he gets injured? Who's our back-up? This is John Fox's last year on his contract. If he wants to be employed in the NFL next year then he damned well better start making some sound decisions.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: