Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #331
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Our "one" Panther thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone
We came to an agreement with Charles Johnson. That's a good thing. Also we signed Cam today. I'm trying to be positive. Last year sucked big time!!!

Those are two good signings. Next, maybe, please, DeAngelo Williams. Not sure about Steve Smith. Such a good player with real anger issues. Will he give his all to a team that's been all but emasculated? Will he give the new coach a chance?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:24 AM   #332
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I didn't think Johnson was that great a player...then again, who was great on our team last year.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:44 PM   #333
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Is anyone excited about the Panthers upcoming season? I am.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #334
TarCat
I brick open layups

TarCat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Is anyone excited about the Panthers upcoming season? I am.
Yes!!!
TarCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #335
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We have upgraded at tight end, Cam Newton just might be the real deal and our O-line is healthy so far. Our one glaring weakness imo is at corner. I've lost all confidence in Chris Gamble and so far we haven't made any moves to address this area. Considering the quarterbacks we're gonna face this season that could spell trouble.

It's gonna be fun to watch. My prediction: 6-10.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #336
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

So who all watched the Panthers vs the NY Giants?? Man what a season this one is going to be.....................................
Old 08-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #337
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I watched. Clausen still sucks.

I get the feeling Derek Anderson will be the starter by week 3, then the season will be lost, and Newton will be starter by week 10.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:00 AM   #338
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I watched. Clausen still sucks.

I get the feeling Derek Anderson will be the starter by week 3, then the season will be lost, and Newton will be starter by week 10.

Why would our new coach just continue Fox's policy of starting a weak qb?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #339
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Because that's how every coach in the NFL is. I never knocked Fox's decision to start Jake Delhomme, or Matt Moore, or whoever because they were our best, most proven options at the time.

The reason I think this will happen is because, for whatever reason, Jimmy Clausen knows the offense the best, he has more experience with the team, and blah blah blah. Cam Newton has the least experience. Thus making him the last option. Derek Anderson is our Vinny Testaverde this year, and I feel like because he's a veteran (though not as old), he'll get a chance before Newton does.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #340
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cam Newton is probably going to start the game at Miami on Fri. It'll be interesting to see how he does with the first team.

I thought he looked okay on Sat. I was also glad to see Armanti Edwards bustin some moves.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #341
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Cam Newton!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #342
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Well I'm glad I was wrong. If we get our defense healthy and stable we can compete.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #343
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Defense is looking week especially if we lose Thomas Davis. O-line is not helping the running game at all. On the bright side, Cam Newton is on a pace to pass for 6500 yards.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #344
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Well it was ugly, but a win is a win.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #345
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Well it was ugly, but a win is a win.

Yup.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: