Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #376
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Our "one" Panther thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Cam Newton has Jake Delhomme Syndrome. That's what happened.

So can we bring Testaverde out of retirement again? Or someone else who's a bit younger? We can't have an entire season of Cam Newton or we're sunk once again.
On another note, how's grad school going? Still at ECU?
(What ever happened to Delhomme, anyway?)
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #377
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

The problem with Newton is that once he throws an INT, he keeps throwing them. I heard a stat that the Panthers are 0-11 when he throws an INT, which means there has only been one game since 2011 where we have lost and Cam played well.

Albeit a lot of this can fall on the RBs and the play calling. The running game has been nonexistent this year.

Delhomme played for Houston last year, I don't know where he's at now.

As for me, grad school is going good. I am still at ECU, working as a tutor and media dude. But things are pretty good.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #378
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
The problem with Newton is that once he throws an INT, he keeps throwing them. I heard a stat that the Panthers are 0-11 when he throws an INT, which means there has only been one game since 2011 where we have lost and Cam played well.

Albeit a lot of this can fall on the RBs and the play calling. The running game has been nonexistent this year.

Delhomme played for Houston last year, I don't know where he's at now.

So what does this bode for our season? Will ownership and mgmt just let us sink into the gutter for another year or do think they will take some kind of major decisive action to salvage our season?
Old 09-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #379
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I'm not sure. We don't have any huge problems, but a lot of little ones that add up.

1. Our defense has improved, but they still can't tackle.
2. Our offensive line, supposedly one of the best in the league, hasn't done a good job of opening holes for the run game.
3. Cam hasn't done a good enough job adjusting his game to combat the defense.
4. Rob Chudzinski (Offensive coordinator) doesn't realize we actually have running backs.
5. Our special teams (what cost us against NYG) are atrocious.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #380
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Doesn't look as if Delhomme is playing anywhere this season. Atleast a Google search didn't come up with any information beyond the 2011 season.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #381
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

What a heartbreaking loss.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #382
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
What a heartbreaking loss.

To me that was all on the coach. Cam got the 1st down but fumbled. Rivera then had the choice either to play to win and trust your offense and star QB, or play not to lose and trust your defense. He decided to play not to lose, in true Panthers tradition. Could Cam have gotten the 1st down if we went for it? Who knows, but I'm willing to bet he wouldn't fumble twice.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #383
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Sure, Cam fumbled and we could point the finger at him. But I don't blame Rivera at all for punting. The defense played outstanding. 6 sacks and an INT on one of the best QBs in the league? Hell yeah I would've punted.

On top of that, we pinned them on their 1 yard line. Our defense lost us that game, no question. There's no reason the Falcons should've gone 60+ yards in less than a minute with 1 timeout. No reason.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #384
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Sure, Cam fumbled and we could point the finger at him. But I don't blame Rivera at all for punting. The defense played outstanding. 6 sacks and an INT on one of the best QBs in the league? Hell yeah I would've punted.

On top of that, we pinned them on their 1 yard line. Our defense lost us that game, no question. There's no reason the Falcons should've gone 60+ yards in less than a minute with 1 timeout. No reason.

If you're up by a touchdown sure go ahead and punt. But to give the ball back to Ryan with a minute left when you're only up 2 points isn't what I would've done. As soon as the decision was made to punt I knew we were going to lose the game. Our secondary is just too weak.

Cam was upset and fired up over the fumble. If I'm the coach I look him in the eyes and say "Go out there and get us a 1st down!"

Of course there's a reason I'm not an NFL coach.

Last edited by rufuspaul : 10-02-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #385
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

All I know is that if he goes for it on 4th and doesn't get it, we chide him over that decision because turning it over would've given them too good of field position.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #386
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Timmeh, are you still planning on going to the game Sunday? You should come early and go to the Bobcats exhibition at 1.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #387
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I am, but I'm going with a group of friends and the Cats aren't on the priority list. We'll be tailgating and what not.

Any tips for some good places to park?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #388
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Alright guys it's about time to be sending me pics taken from your cell phones, be it Bobcats or Panters, and sending them to my cell phone!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #389
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
I am, but I'm going with a group of friends and the Cats aren't on the priority list. We'll be tailgating and what not.

Any tips for some good places to park?

The lots off of Graham St. South of the stadium between Graham and S. Tryon are great for tailgating. They run $10-$20.

OWL: I'll see if I can get any decent pics.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #390
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I will definitely post a pic from high up in the nosebleeds and post them here.

And thanks for the info Rufus, that's probably where I'll go.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: