Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 10-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #391
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Our "one" Panther thread

Well I didn't take any pics from that sorry excuse for a game. I did get these 2 from the Bobcats exhibition:

Highlight of the game was MKG stealing the ball from Trevor Ariza and taking it to the hole for a slam. Way better than anything the Panthers did yesterday.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #392
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Ah. I forgot. Yes, the game was disappointing, unless you've come to expect that sort of thing from Cam.

http://instagram.com/p/QfyTpLFVn4/?f...o_user_message
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #393
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Ah. I forgot. Yes, the game was disappointing, unless you've come to expect that sort of thing from Cam.

http://instagram.com/p/QfyTpLFVn4/?f...o_user_message

After the game he referred to himself in the 3rd person. Not good.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #394
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Did he really?!? All I've read so far was the AP article after the game, and his comments basically said: "We knew they were a great defense so I expected us to not play well."
Old 10-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #395
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Did he really?!? All I've read so far was the AP article after the game, and his comments basically said: "We knew they were a great defense so I expected us to not play well."

From the Panthers Facebook:
Quote:
Cam Newton: "Call it what you want to call it. Cam Newton didn't play good football today...To a degree I'm kind of embarrassed, but things are going to get better."

This makes rufus upset.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #396
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Thanks ever so for the pics! On another note, I think that we need a new QB. Cam's attitude and inconsistency don't bode well for this season. One win and four losses? Jake Delhomme and John Fox where are ye?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #397
TarCat
I brick open layups

TarCat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Thanks ever so for the pics! On another note, I think that we need a new QB. Cam's attitude and inconsistency don't bode well for this season. One win and four losses? Jake Delhomme and John Fox where are ye?

My hubby agrees. He thinks we need a new QB and coach.
TarCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #398
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I'd agree with that. I always thought Ron Rivera was overrated.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #399
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Would like to know if Rivera is calling any of the defensive plays. McDermott is god awful
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #400
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I think its all McDermott.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #401
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

So my teams lost this weekend to Dook and Dallas, 2 of the most obnoxious fan bases ever.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #402
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

As disappointed as I am, I can't believe Duke has an obnoxious football fan base. I'm shocked they have a football fan base at all.

That being said: I'm done with Cam Newton. It isn't even his play. Sure he made some mistakes in the game, but his attitude is cancerous. He's the only player who pouts like a child after a loss. He's not team oriented at all. He wants his way. He's fine when HE plays well. He's fine as long as HE'S winning.

He's been babied his entire life and this is the first time he's been legitimately challenged, and he cannot handle it. He's not a good quarterback. If we ran a New England-style offense: short passes, good running game, not these long routes being run by receivers and run plays out of the shotgun, then Cam might have success. But he's a bitch. And the team isn't going anywhere with him.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #403
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
As disappointed as I am, I can't believe Duke has an obnoxious football fan base. I'm shocked they have a football fan base at all.

They're obnoxious in general even though winning at football is something they haven't experienced since the Spurrier days.

So Marty Hurney fired and Chris Gamble out for the season. This season is lost. Time to start thinking about what coach the new GM will hire and who we're going to draft.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #404
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Did I miss something that Cam said or did after the game?

I feel the total opposite Timmeh. Granted the Panthers have become my sideline to the Bobcats but I still watch them every game (getting harder & harder tho). It seems to me that very few other than Cam are just playing idiot ball...jumping early in the line, can't keep the rush off Cam, running out of bounds on a kickoff (really?) and in general just steadily shooting themselves in the foot. Our secondary sucks, but from what I understand they're all late round talent (something like 7th?)...so that does fall on the FO.

From what I saw Cam kept us in the game in spite of all that.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #405
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Basically Cam said "something has to change because I'm bored with how we're playing."

And yes, I agree, the defense has been shaky, but they've actually been improving. Granted, Munnerlyn has to go because he is awful.

But Cam threw an interception in the first half. It was at the goal line, and he threw off his back foot and lobbed a gift right into the endzone for the Cowboys to pick. It was an overall terrible football that every QB should know not to make.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: