Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #121
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Our "one" Panther thread

John Fox is ALWAYS conservative. Get a lead, blow it, try to win game in last 2 minutes. What a joke
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #122
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Half-time and I have no complaints. Still, the teams are well-matched and the second half should be very interesting.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #123
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Half-time and I have no complaints. Still, the teams are well-matched and the second half should be very interesting.

Was it ever! John Fox football is making my hair fall out.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #124
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Well B4E--you didn't want to blame last week's loss on Kasay but you can blame today's win on him and that should be okay!

(Sorry for your hair-loss RP. Fox causes acid indigestion over here.)
Old 12-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #125
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didn't realize until this morning that it was Kasay who kicked the ball out of bounds at the end of the game. He had no business even being out on the field. What was Fox thinking? Oh well, at least we got the bye and hopefully Kemoatu (sp?) will be ready by then.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:52 AM   #126
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Well B4E--you didn't want to blame last week's loss on Kasay but you can blame today's win on him and that should be okay!

(Sorry for your hair-loss RP. Fox causes acid indigestion over here.)

Ever since last week when Kasay missed the field (with the wind blowing like crazy), people think Kasay can't kick in the clutch. Funny how idiots let one game decide one's clutchness (is that a word?)

Anyways, i'm looking forward to the game in 2 weeks and probably will be going to it (crosses fingers!)
Old 12-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #127
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Anyone else think that Fox called the timeout when he did, and then told Lloyd to take the kickoff out of bounds to try to let Brees break Marino's record? That's the only explanation I can think of as to why he'd do something so stupid.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #128
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Anyone else think that Fox called the timeout when he did, and then told Lloyd to take the kickoff out of bounds to try to let Brees break Marino's record? That's the only explanation I can think of as to why he'd do something so stupid.

Not only was the squib kick a stupid call, it was Kasay and not Lloyd kicking the ball. Why put Kasay out there and risk an injury with 1 sec. on the clock?
Old 12-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #129
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

I dont think Kasay isnt clutch, but I dont think he is clutch either. Hes kind of in between.

Ill never forgive him for kicking the ball out of bounds in the 2003 superbowl giving Tom Brady the ball on the 40 that led to the game winning fieldgoal.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #130
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Squib kick is the best call in that situation. It gives them the least possible oppurtunity to return it (most likely someone with bad hands ends up with the ball).
Old 12-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #131
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I don't know. I say let Lloyd pin it at the 10. Then we know there's no time on the clock and Brees will never touch the ball. Our special teams did a pretty good job all day, I think we could stop a run-back.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #132
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I don't know. I say let Lloyd pin it at the 10. Then we know there's no time on the clock and Brees will never touch the ball. Our special teams did a pretty good job all day, I think we could stop a run-back.

But there is always that chance. The best bet, and ask any coach on this, is to squib it.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #133
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

University of Southern California over Penn State in the Rose Bowl.

(Do any of you ever watch the Rose Parade?)
Old 01-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #134
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Naw, I'm not a big parade person. I can't wait to see my Pirates take on Kentucky tomorrow in the Liberty Bowl.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 AM   #135
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Naw, I'm not a big parade person. I can't wait to see my Pirates take on Kentucky tomorrow in the Liberty Bowl.

I am not being defensive here. I just wonder if you know what you are judging. Are you aware of what the Rose Parade is? Every float--and they are awesome--is made from/covered with natural materials: flowers, seeds, sometimes fruits and vegetables. Some companies sponsor floats and so do many cities. They take a year to design and make. High school and college marching bands and adult equestrian groups come from all over the US to perform. You see amazing things. People come from all over the world to see the parade. This isn't like some stupid Macy's parade that's basically just commercial and meant to promote awful tv and music 'personalities.' I hope that next year you'll watch the Rose Parade--at least a little bit of the 5 1/2 mile parade. Then judge it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: