Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-30-2008, 02:57 AM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Default Official " Let Ben Gordon Walk" thread

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here, but we gotta just let this guy ( Gordon) walk... He is a one dimensional player who has the ego of a superstar... Now that Deng is locked up ( good signing for the Bulls) I don't think we can waste cap space on a guy like Gordon... also, Bulls should explore a sign and trade, but it needs to be for a guy that won't cripple our cap space... ideally a player with 2 years left on his current deal...

Last edited by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST : 07-30-2008 at 03:05 AM.
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:04 AM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Default Re: Official " Let Ben Gordon Walk" thread

Youre not the minority.
I would rather keep BG for a fair price and trade away Larry Huges. But I doubt there are any takers on Larry, and I doubt we can keep BG for a fair price.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
casual_observer
I airball my layups

yeah bro. You are not a minority. I wouldn't mind if we just let him walk. It is called 'addition by subtraction'. I would prefer that Gordon and Noce are shipped out in a package for a big.
casual_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
Bulls2night
Can barely lace up my sneakers

In a worst case senerio, I would let BG walk, but I would excerise all avenues of a S&T first. I really don't want him on the team anymore unless he comes to the realization that he is, at best, a 6th man. If there was a market for him, there would have been offers on the table from other teams. As there is no other offers on the table, my question is "Why can't he understand that he is not worth 10 mil?"
Bulls2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls2night
In a worst case senerio, I would let BG walk, but I would excerise all avenues of a S&T first. I really don't want him on the team anymore unless he comes to the realization that he is, at best, a 6th man. If there was a market for him, there would have been offers on the table from other teams. As there is no other offers on the table, my question is "Why can't he understand that he is not worth 10 mil?"

You ppl who love Deng and hate gordon are extra backwards. Pound for pound Gordon is the best player on the team. Now do I think he is worth 10mil No. But neither is Luol Deng and he is about to get more after the 1st yr of his contract. Ben Gordon has provided countless 4th quarter comebacks and scoring on a team that fails to do so. Now you want to let him walk. Crazy thoughts. He will excel in the right system but the bulls dont even know if they wanna run or play conventional half-court.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls2night

ego... Gordon has the ego of a Lebron type talent... he needs to get over himself... he is at best a good 6th man...
Old 07-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Official " Let Ben Gordon Walk" thread

I'm not sure if there is a team out there that could actually use him. The bad teams are rebuilding, and wouldn't want to give him a large, long-term contract, so Memphis, Minny, etc. is out of the picture. Most of the great teams would laugh at him if he asked for $10 million/year, so that leaves mostly fringe teams. The Clippers would have been a good option before they drafted Eric Gordon. The only other teams I can think of that "might" do a S&T for him would be (assuming he gets the $10 million/year he's asking for):

Nets:

Stomile Swift ($6.2 million expirer) and Keith Van Horn, whose contract is completely non-guaranteed, so we could just cut him. This doesn't really help the Bulls at all, but at least they get something back for Gordon. The Nets would have to throw in a draft pick too.

Cavs:

Eric Snow ($7.3 million expirer), a small filler, and a draft pick. Snow can sit on the bench and be another assistant coach, just like he does in Cleveland. We need a veteran presence, and he won't complain about anything.

Magic:

They don't have anybody that I would consider taking back, or contracts that would make it work, so I think we can cross them off the list. I bet they would be interested though, as SG was their weakest position last year. They did draft Courtney Lee, so they might want to see if he works out, or if Redick can finally do something.

Nuggets (if they don't bring JR Smith back):

A couple picks and the trade exception they got from the Camby trade. It's better than nothing, and I doubt Denver will make the playoffs, so it will be a late lottery pick at worst.

Suns:

Don't see how a trade could work unless Diaw was involved, but I don't want him at all. Again, they would definitely be interested, unless Terry Porter completely changes the offense around.

Knicks (have to throw them in)
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I'm not sure if there is a team out there that could actually use him. The bad teams are rebuilding, and wouldn't want to give him a large, long-term contract, so Memphis, Minny, etc. is out of the picture. Most of the great teams would laugh at him if he asked for $10 million/year, so that leaves mostly fringe teams. The Clippers would have been a good option before they drafted Eric Gordon. The only other teams I can think of that "might" do a S&T for him would be (assuming he gets the $10 million/year he's asking for):

Nets:

Stomile Swift ($6.2 million expirer) and Keith Van Horn, whose contract is completely non-guaranteed, so we could just cut him. This doesn't really help the Bulls at all, but at least they get something back for Gordon. The Nets would have to throw in a draft pick too.

Cavs:

Eric Snow ($7.3 million expirer), a small filler, and a draft pick. Snow can sit on the bench and be another assistant coach, just like he does in Cleveland. We need a veteran presence, and he won't complain about anything.

Magic:

They don't have anybody that I would consider taking back, or contracts that would make it work, so I think we can cross them off the list. I bet they would be interested though, as SG was their weakest position last year. They did draft Courtney Lee, so they might want to see if he works out, or if Redick can finally do something.

Nuggets (if they don't bring JR Smith back):

A couple picks and the trade exception they got from the Camby trade. It's better than nothing, and I doubt Denver will make the playoffs, so it will be a late lottery pick at worst.

Suns:

Don't see how a trade could work unless Diaw was involved, but I don't want him at all. Again, they would definitely be interested, unless Terry Porter completely changes the offense around.

Knicks (have to throw them in)

I honestly think they just let Gordon walk.... the only sign and trades will give them overpaid scrubs in return....
Old 07-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #9
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Official " Let Ben Gordon Walk" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
I honestly think they just let Gordon walk.... the only sign and trades will give them overpaid scrubs in return....

I'd rather have an overpaid scrub for a year than let him walk or sign him long-term. It would just be another person around to mentor the young kids on the team. Maybe someone that would be respected, because everyone knows we do not have anybody like that in the locker room right now.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #10
babybulls85
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
You ppl who love Deng and hate gordon are extra backwards. Pound for pound Gordon is the best player on the team.

You're on the wrong forum, this isn't boxing
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
Bulls2night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I'm not sure if there is a team out there that could actually use him.

This is exactly my point... and to agree with what IN-PAX said before...ego. BG has provided many highlights and 4th quarter comebacks, but know your roll. If you want more money, BG, try and play some defense and then I would gladly give you a 10 mil contract. Sometimes when I am watching the games, I think he hurts us more than he helps us because his D and his ballhandeling skills are amature at best. As stated, only a handful of teams would start BG, so why are you asking for starter type money.
Bulls2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #12
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybulls85
You're on the wrong forum, this isn't boxing

You are stupid thats all i have to say about that.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #13
bulls0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
You ppl who love Deng and hate gordon are extra backwards. Pound for pound Gordon is the best player on the team. Now do I think he is worth 10mil No. But neither is Luol Deng and he is about to get more after the 1st yr of his contract. Ben Gordon has provided countless 4th quarter comebacks and scoring on a team that fails to do so. Now you want to let him walk. Crazy thoughts. He will excel in the right system but the bulls dont even know if they wanna run or play conventional half-court.

Seriously man you are the only one that is extra backwards. Maybe Deng is only a role player but he is definitely one thing that Gordon is not. He is consistent when he is healthy. I see Deng being a 20/7-8 guy with Rose. Possibly even a couple more points a game. Gordon is one of the streakiest players ever. One game he will pour in 30-35 points and the next 3 he will put up 12 ppg and 5-6 TO's a game. Deng would consistently get 13-18ppg and 6-8 rebounds. Gordon also was the main reason Hinrich was always in foul trouble. Hinrich would have to try and help him out every time someone would blow by him and get stupid fouls. And that whole pound for pound thing means absolutely nothing. I am sure most people on here would agree you are so far off on this one. It isn't even close Deng > Gordon.
bulls0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

I want BG back but it's such a ****ed up situation at this point, it's tough to even express how I feel. I just read today that his agents the Raymond Brothers think he should be the highest paid player because he has averaged the most points on the Bulls for 3 straight seasons. Well maybe he should be the highest paid if he was ever consistent. I LOVED BG the first 2 seasons with the Bulls. The guy has so a lot of talent, and is truly one of the deadliest shooting/scoring threats in the league when he is on fire. But unfortunately he is streaky as hell and has a major EGO problem. I mean he is definitely undersized out there at his position and most SG's he guards shoot right over him.

I see all you guys want BG to walk but I just can't go along with that. He is our deadliest scorer and we will SEVERELY miss him if he walks in a year, if he takes the qualifying offer this year. I would pay 9-10 a year for him, BUT NO MORE THAN 10 mil. He wants more than 10 for sure, and that is a major problem, hence why isn't signed. If he BG could night in and night out put up a minimum of 20 ppg or hopefully more in the range of 22-25 ppg then i would say give him 11-12 a year, but he hasn't proven himself to be able to do so.

I love BG and I want him a Bull, but this **** is just a mess. I don't know how this drama will conclude, I just hope BG can meet Bulls management in the middle and take a 5-6 year deal worth 9-10 mil a year. If not, then sign and trade, or let him sign the QO and hopefully he has a big year and we can sign him long term next summer if that appears as the right move. If he shows consistency for 82 games in the scoring aspect of the game in 08-09, the Bulls should keep him.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #15
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Hello for the first time, Bulls forum.

As a Bulls fan, I'd really like to see the return of Deng(now confirmed) and Gordon. I believe that both of these players are important to the success of the team. Deng was overpaid, and now Gordon will have to draw the shorter stick. As we all seem to be in agreement, Ben seems to have an ego problem. If it comes down to overpaying him or letting him walk, I say let him walk.

I think the organization should do everything they can to keep him(except overpay), because as a player, he gets the job done consistently.

Clutch Gordon has came through big for us, but if his pride and feelings of overworth continue, he's become more of an obstacle than an asset. This offseason shouldn't be consumed by the demands of two players. One is down, now Reinsdorf and Pax need to work double time to figure Gordon's deal out, or let him walk.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: