Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #31
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Default Re: Official " Let Ben Gordon Walk" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
The Bulls are gonna release him??? If that was even a possibility, you still would be wrong.

Worst case scenario here is BG signing the QO. He is restricted, so the Bulls are in control of him for atleast one more year. If they can sign and trade him now for something enticing, that would be one route, but I think most likely he will sign the QO to become unrestricted when more teams have money next season.

I mean not one team has even offered him an offer sheet to sign. One team in the entire NBA has money right now, that being Memphis. They are not spending money this summer and that has been known for awhile.

Things can get messy in this situation real fast, and the the QO might be the only option.

It is an option to release him!! The bulls have the worst management i wouldnt be surprised if they did it. No one is going to trade for him. I hope he goes to Europe and gives a big middle finger to bulls management.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #32
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

I would rather the Bulls release Ben Gordon at this time because I just see him taking away minutes from other players like Kirk and Thabo.

I like the idea of experimenting with Kirk at the two once Rose is ready to start and Thabo brings good defense and IMO has earned the more playing time than he usually receives.

Even though I don't see any chance of it working out... I would at least like to see the Bulls take what little money is currently available and make an offer to Josh Smith.

I don't think we have enough to offer that the Hawks wouldn't just laugh at and then match the offer, but at least we would be on Smiths radar. Maybe he will remember us next summer if he signs the Q.O. with the Hawks if their negotiaitons don't work out.

I know I am on record as having prefered Smith over Deng but Deng is our guy now so I am not going there with my idea. In other words, if you are a huge Deng fan just calm down and don't feel so threatened.

I would like to see the Bulls grab Smith and start him at power forward. If it is true that the Bulls are going to let Nocioni go, then Smith can slide over to small forward when Deng is resting.

I know at least a half-dozen people will come in this thread and try to crap all over this idea but I don't care. The biggest mistake the Portland Trailblazers ever made was not drafting Michael Jordan because they already had Clyde Drexler.

If you have a chance to put a talent like Josh Smith on your team, you just do it if you want to win. I freely acknowledge that the Bulls have a pitiful chance to do this at this point, but this opportunity starts with letting Ego-Ben hit the road.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #33
casual_observer
I airball my layups

casual_observer has an OK reputation so far

yes. Ben Gordon needs to hit the road. On his best day he is a smaller version of Reggie Miller. Too bad he does not have the extra 3-4 inches and he is always blocked in critical moments. All he has done is impeded the development of Thabo over the last couple of years. he will be a good player on a championship team...try Celtics or someone else. His worth is less than Posey...so < 7mil/yr
casual_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #34
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual_observer
yes. Ben Gordon needs to hit the road. On his best day he is a smaller version of Reggie Miller. Too bad he does not have the extra 3-4 inches and he is always blocked in critical moments. All he has done is impeded the development of Thabo over the last couple of years. he will be a good player on a championship team...try Celtics or someone else. His worth is less than Posey...so < 7mil/yr

I think you were one of those ppl they let out of the crazy house in Batman Begins. Yes i can see the small version of reggie miller somewhat but he has had more clutch shots than his shots getting blocked in crunch time. Impede Thabo. Thabo will Never be better offensively than Gordon. Thabo blks shots plays good D and occasionally makes shots. He is def not a consistent scorer in this stage of his career.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #35
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Hello for the first time, Bulls forum.

As a Bulls fan, I'd really like to see the return of Deng(now confirmed) and Gordon. I believe that both of these players are important to the success of the team. Deng was overpaid, and now Gordon will have to draw the shorter stick. As we all seem to be in agreement, Ben seems to have an ego problem. If it comes down to overpaying him or letting him walk, I say let him walk.

I think the organization should do everything they can to keep him(except overpay), because as a player, he gets the job done consistently.

Clutch Gordon has came through big for us, but if his pride and feelings of overworth continue, he's become more of an obstacle than an asset. This offseason shouldn't be consumed by the demands of two players. One is down, now Reinsdorf and Pax need to work double time to figure Gordon's deal out, or let him walk.

Consistent? WHAT???

BG7 is not consistent... sure he can light a team up for 30 one night and look like an all star, but the next night he can go for 2 points and look like a scrub worth the minimum salary

give him his 9 mil and if he dont want that then c ya
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #36
drwax26
High School Starter

Question Re: Official " Let Ben Gordon Walk" thread

Please all the knowledgable bulls fans I know I sound like a BG fanatic. I personally think he is good he just needs to harness in some of that inner chucker in him. My thing is why does everyone wanna let him go but are comfortable with having reasons while overpaying Noc, Hinrich, and Deng are beneficial for the team. This is especially directed for hinrich because just stats wise:
Career
Hinrich fg% 41.4 3p% 37.7 ft% 81.6 ast 6.4 ppg 14.4
Gordon fg% 43.2 3p% 41.6 ft% 85.8 ast 2.9 ppg 18.1

Gordon is statistically better in every category besides assists and hinrich only gives you 3 more on avg which will not make or break a player. Gordon is more athletic, clutch, can actually drive (if you dont believe me just go to BG highlights on youtube). I just dont wanna see us give him up and get nothing in return especially when we have other overpaid players on our team that he is more talented then.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #37
babybulls85
I brick open layups

babybulls85 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Please all the knowledgable bulls fans I know I sound like a BG fanatic. I personally think he is good he just needs to harness in some of that inner chucker in him. My thing is why does everyone wanna let him go but are comfortable with having reasons while overpaying Noc, Hinrich, and Deng are beneficial for the team. This is especially directed for hinrich because just stats wise:
Career
Hinrich fg% 41.4 3p% 37.7 ft% 81.6 ast 6.4 ppg 14.4
Gordon fg% 43.2 3p% 41.6 ft% 85.8 ast 2.9 ppg 18.1

Gordon is statistically better in every category besides assists and hinrich only gives you 3 more on avg which will not make or break a player. Gordon is more athletic, clutch, can actually drive (if you dont believe me just go to BG highlights on youtube). I just dont wanna see us give him up and get nothing in return especially when we have other overpaid players on our team that he is more talented then.

You don't honestly think Nocioni is overpaid do you? As for Gordon, while those stats may appear great, the problem with Gordon is his position. He is an undersized shooting guard and when we gave Hinrich his contract, we expected him to be our starting PG of the future. Gordon can't run the point, if he could he would be worth a lot more money
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #38
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybulls85
You don't honestly think Nocioni is overpaid do you? As for Gordon, while those stats may appear great, the problem with Gordon is his position. He is an undersized shooting guard and when we gave Hinrich his contract, we expected him to be our starting PG of the future. Gordon can't run the point, if he could he would be worth a lot more money

Yes he is overpaid. Before this year he was making more than Corey Maggette who is a much better athlete and player in every way. Also, Noc is coming off the bench at that and he makes 8 mil this yr. So BG is worth at least 8 mil a yr. Hinrich makes 11-12 mil. Hinrich is not that good of a PG so bulls management thought wrong. Jason Terry has been successful in this league and he is an undersized shooting guard that has to play the point at times.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #39
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Yes he is overpaid. Before this year he was making more than Corey Maggette who is a much better athlete and player in every way. Also, Noc is coming off the bench at that and he makes 8 mil this yr. So BG is worth at least 8 mil a yr. Hinrich makes 11-12 mil. Hinrich is not that good of a PG so bulls management thought wrong. Jason Terry has been successful in this league and he is an undersized shooting guard that has to play the point at times.

Nocioni isn't overpaid... he is making 7-8 million with a depreciating salary every year... James Posey is making 7 million.... that's the going rate for solid players off the bench... Noc can even start if you need him to...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #40
Rondo

personally I say let him walk too but their actually have been offers for hughes like..Joel Pryzbila! who can kind of sort of be a low post scorer for maybe 10 points and 8 boards but his contract expires this season which is an upside plus they get a decent filler included and their are other offers you can read about them on sportingnews

if he wants to much money let him walk he might be the "lead scorer" albeit because he was the least injured of the little three last season and he is the go to guy in clutch situations I think we can afford to lose him to a degree we're not competing for a title for 2-4 years anyways so why not
Old 08-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #41
babybulls85
I brick open layups

babybulls85 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Jason Terry has been successful in this league and he is an undersized shooting guard that has to play the point at times.

That's a bit of a stretch. Jason Terry is more of a PG that plays SG at times and when he plays SG is more of an off-guard than a true SG.
babybulls85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:12 AM   #42
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gordon has said publicly that he wants a contract in the ballpark of Deng's. Be expecting a sign and trade, or he walks...unless he comes to his senses.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:24 AM   #43
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Gordon has said publicly that he wants a contract in the ballpark of Deng's. Be expecting a sign and trade, or he walks...unless he comes to his senses.

...Or the Bulls go crazy and sign this guy to a contract like Deng's, and the Bulls have no money for the next 5 to six years to really improve.

I just find it impossible to believe that the Bulls success depends on the resigning of Gordon. The Bulls brain-trust has made some very questionable moves though.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 08-02-2008 at 02:53 AM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #44
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
It is an option to release him!! The bulls have the worst management i wouldnt be surprised if they did it. No one is going to trade for him. I hope he goes to Europe and gives a big middle finger to bulls management.

You are such a hater it's not even funny. The Bulls have the worst management....no. The Hawks management, or the Clippers management are examples of horrible management. There have been many ups and downs during the Paxson era, but some of this is totally outta his control. Bulls offered BG a perfectly fair 5 for 50 and he turned it down stupidly. BG wants 11-12 million a season. That right there is a big middle finger to Bulls management.

You hope he goes to Europe huh?? Why don't you go to Europe and start rooting for a Euro team, since your support for the Bulls is a joke. Your are such a pessimistic fan, no one here needs to hear constant *****ing of your opinions. You wouldn't last 10 minutes as GM of the Chicago Sky.

And to everybody else... I know we can't overpay Gordon really, but I am disgusted with the amount of people who think we can just let go of BG and the Bulls will be ok.

WITHOUT BEN GORDON, THE BULLS WILL BE ONE OF THE WORST OFFENSIVE TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE, IF NOT THE WORST.

Last edited by Dengness9 : 08-02-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #45
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
You are such a hater it's not even funny. The Bulls have the worst management....no. The Hawks management, or the Clippers management are examples of horrible management. There have been many ups and downs during the Paxson era, but some of this is totally outta his control. Bulls offered BG a perfectly fair 5 for 50 and he turned it down stupidly. BG wants 11-12 million a season. That right there is a big middle finger to Bulls management.

You hope he goes to Europe huh?? Why don't you go to Europe and start rooting for a Euro team, since your support for the Bulls is a joke. Your are such a pessimistic fan, no one here needs to hear constant *****ing of your opinions. You wouldn't last 10 minutes as GM of the Chicago Sky.

And to everybody else... I know we can't overpay Gordon really, but I am disgusted with the amount of people who think we can just let go of BG and the Bulls will be ok.

WITHOUT BEN GORDON, THE BULLS WILL BE ONE OF THE WORST OFFENSIVE TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE, IF NOT THE WORST.

no doubt the Bulls offense would be pretty bad w/out BG, but we gotta be smart here... if we give Gordon 5 years, 55 million, then we are essentially clogging up our cap space for the next few years... I think we gotta just do a sign and trade or let him walk because this team needs to find a true superstar in 2009 or 2010 free aegency... BG clearly isn't a superstar and with him we don't have any room to sign a star for 16-18 million per...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: