Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 08-31-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Thumbs up Sonics: The surprise of 2007

I see the Sonics sneaking in to win the Northwest Division. The Nuggets are the favorite but their team chemistry is weak and Melo and K Mart just dont cut it in the clutch.

Why the Sonics are the sleeper of 2007?

1. Expectations are low outside of the players and coaches. No
pressure to win.

2. Leadership. Bob Hill is a playoff coach. Ray Allen is a vet and solid team leader plus he is clutch.

3. Talent in the starters. The big 3 of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and Chris Wilcox (the key addition) should average over 70 a game. Luke Ridnour will get these guys the ball. Wilcox has the freedom and incentive on this team to put up 15-18 points and grab 10-12 boards a game.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

I like the Sonics a lot, they got talent, i hope they do win their division.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

The Sonics could surprise yes. They probably will need to win the division to make the playoffs. One thing I disagree with is your Melo comments. The guy is very clutch. I read something today that he has hit 11 of 17 game winners in his career. His showing for USA is only supporting is big game ability.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i am hopeful that sene will turn out to be a pleasant surprise in the middle blocking some shots and being a presence on d (after some adjustments in early season)
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:43 AM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
I see the Sonics sneaking in to win the Northwest Division. The Nuggets are the favorite but their team chemistry is weak and Melo and K Mart just dont cut it in the clutch.

Why the Sonics are the sleeper of 2007?

1. Expectations are low outside of the players and coaches. No
pressure to win.

2. Leadership. Bob Hill is a playoff coach. Ray Allen is a vet and solid team leader plus he is clutch.

3. Talent in the starters. The big 3 of Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and Chris Wilcox (the key addition) should average over 70 a game. Luke Ridnour will get these guys the ball. Wilcox has the freedom and incentive on this team to put up 15-18 points and grab 10-12 boards a game.
Carmelo, weak in the clutch??? Like one out of every of the nugs 8 games ended with a Carmelo bucket that decided the game...

The Nuggets will win the division, sorry...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #6
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

Actually...... the jazz will. ha. for real tho. last year was a freak occurrence of multiple injuries for us. This year it won't happen!
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I see the Sonics Getting a better record then the jazz, the jazz are too young right now.

Ridnour
Allen
Lewis
Wilcox
Sene/Petro/Swift
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:04 AM   #8
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Denver still wins the division

andre miller
jr smith
carmelo
kmart/nene/evans
camby/joe smith
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:58 AM   #9
butch mcrae
I airball my layups

butch mcrae has an OK reputation so far

I'm just glad Wilcox is still there, he's a great fit for the sonics and wilcox couldn't be in a better situation.
butch mcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #10
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

lewis will probably leave after this year if it doesnt go well....maybe even if it does.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #11
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
lewis will probably leave after this year if it doesnt go well....maybe even if it does.

although i hope it doesnt happen, you may be right

rashard has been a good fit for the sonics over the years and his all star year was well deserved

i have a feeling though that many fans wouldnt miss him too much on the sonics. i would however
Old 09-21-2006, 08:59 PM   #12
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

What has to happen for the SOnics as a team to succeed?

What might happen to prevent it?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #13
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
Wilcox has the freedom and incentive on this team to put up 15-18 points and grab 10-12 boards a game.

I agree.
Im not overly familiar with how he will be used this year or the kind of minutes he could get, but if he carries the form he had at the end of last season into this year, he could be very efficient. If my memory serves me correctly, he had a game where he scored around 25 points and ripped down something like 25rebs.

Does anyone else see him averaging at least 16 points and 11 boards?

what kind of minutes should we expect him to get?
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #14
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
What has to happen for the SOnics as a team to succeed?

What might happen to prevent it?

the sonics need a consistent center who can block shots, clog the middle, get some rebounds and set solid screens

what might prevent this is the inexperience of sene, the underdevelopment of petro and swift
Old 10-02-2006, 01:18 AM   #15
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Make your 3 pointers like you the season before last and you can make the playoffs. Live by the 3, die by the 3.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: