Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 07-30-2008, 05:20 AM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default top 14

i wanted to do team predictions, but it made it too hard for now (i do believe charlotte, memphis, and indiana are the 3 worst teams)

1- a daye 6-11 pf gonzaga- the reigns will be taken off this year- will explode

2- b griffen 6-9 sf/pf oklahoma- if he shows nba sf skills he could be the #1 pick depending on team need

3- b jennings 6-1 pg- i am really against most all tiny gaurds, but dont compare this guy to conley, augustine or felton- jennings is the once every long time between small guy talents- think along the lines of i thomas, iverson, c paul

4- j johnson 6-8 sf wake forest- prototype nba sf- has the skills to play inside out and the size/strength/speed to compare w any sf outside of lebron- better than granger not carmelo- will AGAIN be the best pro in the acc, but this time might have the horses to surround him if the 3 frosh turn out- just watch him

5- j harden 6-5 sg asu- slightly less skilled oj mayo, with more physical dominance-

6- h thabeet 7-3 c uconn- will take the final steps to cement himself as a legit top 10 pick- top center wont slide as far as lopez did

7-t smith 6-8 sf tennessee- real nba sf's are becoming harder to find at the same time as ths sf position is becoming the new pf of the 90's

8- d derozen 6-6 sg sc- physicall potential could move him up, but they only paid him for one year at sc so he comes out a little before ready

9- t handsbourough 6-8 pf unc- such a great college player that sombody around he 10ish area will grab him- will be productive rotation player

10- s curry 6-2 pg davidson- will show the pg skills needed to be a lottery pick- just special shooting the ball- may be best in the 6th man role, but will be an impact either way

11- c buddinger 6-8 sg arizona- returning to school will pay off as he answers the questions on him- plus has the bigtime draft position bonus of being really really white

12- m lee 6-4 pg ucla- will be the breakout freshman this year- very similar to westbrook- will be forced to play mostly sg & sf but at the nba level is a pg- i hope he stays at ucla

13- s hopson 6-6 sg tennessee- will come in as the most polished sg in this good group of fr sg's

14- t evans 6-5 sg memphis- smart all around type game w nba athletisism

just wanted to throw out an early mock to see how much i have to change by next year- i am interested in hearing your thoughts
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
eprizzle14
Kids at the park dunk on me

eprizzle14 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: top 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub

9- t handsbourough 6-8 pf unc- such a great college player that sombody around he 10ish area will grab him- will be productive rotation player

i dont think hansbourough will go top 10, I just cant see him doing anything other then some energy minutes. At best maybe sumthin like Boozer prolly more like Reggie Evens in the league. I'd rather have that Earl Clark. I think hes boutta be the focal point of louisville and play his way into the top 10 if hese not there yet already. he goes strong to the rack with some length and athleticism. yadig
eprizzle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:30 AM   #3
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

aminu is better than hansbrough,hopson,curry,lee,chase,thabeet. and i think austin daye is not coming out next year.
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:25 AM   #4
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOYE4MVP
aminu is better than hansbrough,hopson,curry,lee,chase,thabeet. and i think austin daye is not coming out next year.

i really hope you are right- maybe im just skeptical because i want so badly to pick for wake to win the title, and i didnt like my first impressions of him

if aminou is for real and 1 or maybe two of the centers that a coming in as well are too- that is a near bulletproof team- johnson, teague, ld williams and about 4 other imo title team able role players- add another nba player or maybe 2,3? i hope so

next years interesting 2,3, or 4 matchups? wake forest/north carolina- wake will win it ALL
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: