Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Just bought NBA2k8 for 12 bucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=018

Hope it's worth it. I'm sick of playing NBA2k6.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
out|hoops|side
Banned

out|hoops|side has decent reputation
Default Re: Just bought NBA2k8 for 12 bucks

2k8 isn't bad, i hope they improve immensely when they release 2k9 though, somehow they need to make the game play better, i don't like that you miss so many layups and i don't like that you can pretty much score whenever, and the lockdown D thing makes it so anyone can essentially guard anyone
out|hoops|side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hopefully I don't come out feeling like I was ripped off.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
out|hoops|side
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Hopefully I don't come out feeling like I was ripped off.

You won't, not for 12 bucks man.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

pretty solid buy, 2k8 is sick
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #6
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

2K8 is pretty good. They didn't make many improvements over 2K7 on the PS2 system. Has a glitch or two. Nothing major. Graphics are ok.

What really frustrates me are some of the lack of options in franchise mode, and the really really really poor create-a-player options.

The commentary sucks, and the overall presentation is pretty bland.

BTW, this isn't just for the 2K games, but who the f*ck decided that basketball games had to be associated with stupid rap songs playing over and over again?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:05 AM   #7
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thinking about 2k things, is it just me or are sport games nowadays are released too fast? While we get a "new" games with new rosters every years many of them, graphics, gameplays etc., are about the same as the previous ones........

Just my opinion.........
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:01 AM   #8
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Thinking about 2k things, is it just me or are sport games nowadays are released too fast? While we get a "new" games with new rosters every years many of them, graphics, gameplays etc., are about the same as the previous ones........

Just my opinion.........

Well, I didn't get 2k7... So. I can't get myself to buy the new game every year because I know that few improvements will be made. But I found it cheap and it has the slam dunk contest.... So...
Old 09-08-2008, 06:42 AM   #9
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not buying 2k9 unles they make significant changes to the gameplay.

They used to be the king because they really just were that good. Now they are the king because there just isn't anybody else.
2k releases the same trash every year too, their trash is just a bit better than EA's trash.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #10
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

My biggest concern, also. So many people are just worried about the Create A Player feature, or the shoes, the free-throw routines, or how long Kobe's arm sleeve will be. The gameplay should be the most important aspect. I really hope they make improvements, but I doubt we'll see any major changes in this years installment.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #11
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
BTW, this isn't just for the 2K games, but who the f*ck decided that basketball games had to be associated with stupid rap songs playing over and over again?

Mathius

exactly how I feel. The music on 2k8 sucks and is really annoying.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #12
out|hoops|side
Banned

I agree that the gameplay needs to be different. I hope that the graphics and the moves look like Live 09 demo, but the game play and how easy it is too score is different.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #13
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

They used to be the king because they really just were that good. Now they are the king because there just isn't anybody else.
2k releases the same trash every year too, their trash is just a bit better than EA's trash.

ummm the changes from NBA2k7 to NBA 2K8 were drastic... mainly because 2K8 was the first installment on PS3. After playing NBA2k8 on PS3, I went and bought a PS3 the next day.

The PS2 version of 2K8 is just 2K7 with new rosters though, very dissapointing for PS2 owners....

but who still plays PS2?

Honestly, companies aren't making games for PS2 anymore, so you can't expect PS2 games to be any good.

They already stated that they are taking NBA2k8, and only making slight adjustments to improve gameplay. They said they are focused on gameplay, not just graphics, because gameplay is what made them #1.

NBA2K9 is going to be a must buy on PS3, even for people who own NBA2K8.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #14
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

Personally, I don't care about creating players unless their not on the official roster already. I don't expect a perfect game either. Heck, I still play NBA2k6... But the roster is a few years out of date now. So...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:50 PM   #15
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: Just bought NBA2k8 for 12 bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
but who still plays PS2?

Honestly, companies aren't making games for PS2 anymore, so you can't expect PS2 games to be any good.
Very false.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: