Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-31-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster
Default NBA MatchUp: Prime Shaq > (Any Player You Insert)

Prime Shaquille O'neal is greater than any player you insert. Period. Point blank. Some such as Prime Michael Jordan, Prime Charles Barkley, Prime Hakeem Olajuwon, Prime Wilt Chamberlain, and Prime Kareem Abdul-Jabbar are the only ones who would come close to beating the Diesel in his Prime. I personally think Prime Michael Jordan, Prime Hakeem Olajuwon and Prime Charles Barkley would be Prime Shaq's most difficult matchup. Please convince me other-wise. If you feel anyone (even from those I mentioned) would beat Prime Shaq, describe how.

For the record, it could be argued that Shaq's prime was here in Orlando, athletically.

For your viewing pleasure
:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5UBEqajUC8
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA MatchUp: Prime Shaq > (Any Player You Insert)

Agreed sans Jordan.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Everyone you listed has a chance but Barkley, won dick against the rest of the league before prime Shaq, don't see him winning against the Lakers. Please stay out of this thread, Sir Charles.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's not unbeatable.
highwhey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

"Come close" to beating the Deasel? Three people (prime) stand head and shoulders above Shaq and those are Kareem, MJ, and Magic Johnson. It's hard to compare them because only Kareem played the same position, but i'd take each of them over prime Shaq.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Agreed sans Jordan.

I think you meant Agreed, including Jordan.
If not, explain how Jordan would win, please.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:42 PM   #7
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

As great as Shaq you couldnt go to him in the clutch because of free throws. So because of that prime Shaq still isnt messing with MJ or Kareem.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Prime Shaq isnt greater than prime shaq with steve nash freethrow shooting
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
"Come close" to beating the Deasel? Three people (prime) stand head and shoulders above Shaq and those are Kareem, MJ, and Magic Johnson. It's hard to compare them because only Kareem played the same position, but i'd take each of them over prime Shaq.

Mostly everyone listed, their game is based upon shooting from the outside, mid-range, and dribble penetration (which you could scratch because there will be no taking Shaq to the hole on a consistent basis)so the % of them making enough shots to beat Prime Shaq are very low. Shaq's game is based upon power and a back to the basket game (save his "Black Tornado" move) so I'll go w/ the chances of them being able to stop Prime Shaq as minimal.

Prime Charles Barkley is the prime candidate to give Prime Shaq fits due to his strength, speed, and shooting ability.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters

In game of 1 on 1 OR building a franchise? No way, and to say "head and shoulders" above him is preposterous, totally.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This guy is the Sir Charles with a Shaq fetish.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #12
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
This guy is the Sir Charles with a Shaq fetish.

And you're eating chicken wings @ Stoudemire's Downtown. That sums up your basketball knowledge. ________ Potato and Sports Bar Guy.

Edit: Are you mad Shaq (after his prime) is a Sun now or a "Matrix" lover?
Or..... are you Shawn Marion?

Last edited by WillyJakk : 07-31-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #13
worldbefree
NYK's comeback 08-09

worldbefree is considered somewhat coolworldbefree is considered somewhat coolworldbefree is considered somewhat cool

Don't flame me for this.

Prime Shaq vs. Prime healthy Sabonis.

Sabonis would give him trouble with his outside and midrange shooting. Plus Sabonis is 7'3 and near 300lbs. He was an above average rebounder in his prime and had great handles for a big man. His post game was above average and he was pretty quick for his size.

Granted, any one person can lose a 1on1 game at any time just like boxing but Sabonis has the best chance imo.
worldbefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:39 PM   #14
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldbefree
Don't flame me for this.

Prime Shaq vs. Prime healthy Sabonis.

Sabonis would give him trouble with his outside and midrange shooting. Plus Sabonis is 7'3 and near 300lbs. He was an above average rebounder in his prime and had great handles for a big man. His post game was above average and he was pretty quick for his size.

Granted, any one person can lose a 1on1 game at any time just like boxing but Sabonis has the best chance imo.

Funny that you mentioned Sabonis because I had thoroughly considered Arvydas in my list. During Shaq's prime, crafty players such ad Divac and Sabonis gave him troubles so no flames, I just don't think he would win though.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #15
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJakk
And you're eating chicken wings @ Stoudemire's Downtown. That sums up your basketball knowledge. ________ Potato and Sports Bar Guy.

Edit: Are you mad Shaq (after his prime) is a Sun now or a "Matrix" lover?
Or..... are you Shawn Marion?
I like Shaq, I've always liked Shaq, but truth is he's not unbeatable. As for Marion, ya I like him. My opinion, as well as yours is irrelevant because it's a fact that MJ could have taken on Prime Shaq. He's not GOAT.

Potato and Sports Bar guy?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: