Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
Venja42
Decent playground baller
 
Venja42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The North Section of Philadelphia
Posts: 338
Venja42 has an OK reputation so far
Default Restricted Free agents should have . . .

Signed extensions to where they either become an Unrestricted Free Agents in 2010 or 2011.

The reason for 2010:
The List of Big time Free Agents in 2010: LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Pierce, Yao, and Amare. Other star free agents include Josh Howard, AK-47, Caron Butler, Peja, Richard Jefferson, Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Kenyon Martin, and J-Rich.
Kobe's contract runs out after 2010, but he can opt out next year. And there is also a crop of restricted free agents from the 2007 draft class that includes Oden, Durant and Horford.

If the Restricted Free Agents of this year sign their tender, they risk entering a class next year when everyone is saving for 2010. By signing a two year deal, they could fall into the same class as the others and pick up whats left after all the rest of the big fish are scooped up.

The reason for 2011:
The only major young free agents in the market will be Carmelo and David West. KG and Tim Duncan also headline the class but will be older commodities that will end up resigning with their current teams unless they retire.

By signing a 3-year deal, they do what Wade, LeBron and Bosh did by signing shorter term deals, capturing the market all to themselves the year after the biggest and brightest free agency class of the 2010 summer. They also will be apart of whatever new collective bargaining agreement is in place in 2011.

Any thoughts???
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals
 
1~Gibson~1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,572
1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Restricted Free agents should have . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42
Signed extensions to where they either become an Unrestricted Free Agents in 2010 or 2011.

The reason for 2010:
The List of Big time Free Agents in 2010: LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Pierce, Yao, and Amare. Other star free agents include Josh Howard, AK-47, Caron Butler, Peja, Richard Jefferson, Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Kenyon Martin, and J-Rich.
Kobe's contract runs out after 2010, but he can opt out next year. And there is also a crop of restricted free agents from the 2007 draft class that includes Oden, Durant and Horford.

If the Restricted Free Agents of this year sign their tender, they risk entering a class next year when everyone is saving for 2010. By signing a two year deal, they could fall into the same class as the others and pick up whats left after all the rest of the big fish are scooped up.

The reason for 2011:
The only major young free agents in the market will be Carmelo and David West. KG and Tim Duncan also headline the class but will be older commodities that will end up resigning with their current teams unless they retire.

By signing a 3-year deal, they do what Wade, LeBron and Bosh did by signing shorter term deals, capturing the market all to themselves the year after the biggest and brightest free agency class of the 2010 summer. They also will be apart of whatever new collective bargaining agreement is in place in 2011.

Any thoughts???
im the kinda guy that doesnt like to read alot so i stopped after tendered. but at least you put some thought into whatever you wrote
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
Venja42
Decent playground baller
 
Venja42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The North Section of Philadelphia
Posts: 338
Venja42 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Restricted Free agents should have . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
im the kinda guy that doesnt like to read alot so i stopped after tendered. but at least you put some thought into whatever you wrote

Um...Thanks??
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS
 
iDunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,833
iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Restricted Free agents should have . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42
Signed extensions to where they either become an Unrestricted Free Agents in 2010 or 2011.

The reason for 2010:
The List of Big time Free Agents in 2010: LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Pierce, Yao, and Amare. Other star free agents include Josh Howard, AK-47, Caron Butler, Peja, Richard Jefferson, Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Kenyon Martin, and J-Rich.
Kobe's contract runs out after 2010, but he can opt out next year. And there is also a crop of restricted free agents from the 2007 draft class that includes Oden, Durant and Horford.

If the Restricted Free Agents of this year sign their tender, they risk entering a class next year when everyone is saving for 2010. By signing a two year deal, they could fall into the same class as the others and pick up whats left after all the rest of the big fish are scooped up.

The reason for 2011:
The only major young free agents in the market will be Carmelo and David West. KG and Tim Duncan also headline the class but will be older commodities that will end up resigning with their current teams unless they retire.

By signing a 3-year deal, they do what Wade, LeBron and Bosh did by signing shorter term deals, capturing the market all to themselves the year after the biggest and brightest free agency class of the 2010 summer. They also will be apart of whatever new collective bargaining agreement is in place in 2011.

Any thoughts???
I'll be fine if Nets sign the above:
Lebron
Wade
Bosh
Amare
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,484
elz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Restricted Free agents should have . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
I'll be fine if Nets sign the above:
Lebron
Wade
Bosh
Amare


Your not expecting all 4, or 3 of the 4 are you.....


side note

you Nets fans have your hope set waaaaaaay too high
I'd be stunned if any of those players leave their current teams with exception to Amare.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist
 
2LeTTeRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: www.twitter.com/EsquireSports
Posts: 6,641
2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Restricted Free agents should have . . .

This only works if you feel sure that you'lll be worth max in 3-4 years like a Bron or a D Wade. For players like Ellis, Deng, Okafor, etc. they made the right decision to take 5 or 6 year deals because who knows what teams will be willing to pay them in 3 years if they're still playing at the same level they're currnelty on, but instead of being in their lower 20s and being paid on potential, they would be in their mid-to-upper 20s and be paid based on production.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:39 PM   #7
TBurge
Bynum vs. Oden
 
TBurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 243
TBurge has decent reputationTBurge has decent reputation
Default Re: Restricted Free agents should have . . .

Okay why would they do that? If i'm an Andre Igadoula (no idea how to spell, to lazy to look up), I don't to be competing money-wise against LeBron James, D-Wade, or any of the other big name free agents.
TBurge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy