Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-01-2008, 01:39 AM   #1
futurestar35
I airball my layups

futurestar35 has an OK reputation so far
Default will TMAC/YAO cry when they win the 2009 Finals???

I could just see tmac getting all emotional... same with Yao.
futurestar35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:47 AM   #2
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: will TMAC/YAO cry when they win the 2009 Finals???

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurestar35
Will they make it to the 2nd round?

Artest doesn't make them the favorites.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:49 AM   #3
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they win, then quite likely.

When they win....now that's unlikely.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:16 AM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Assuming injury free (that's a big assuption) and cohesion, this vaults them into the top 4 of the West, however I wouldn't be so quick to call them a favorite.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #5
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurestar35

As long as Tmac doesn't step up to the mike and give us all a gay ass "Anythinng is poooooooooooossssssssibbblleee!!!!!!" speach everything will be fine. Seriously (for a moment I wished the Celtics didn't win the chip so I didn't have to here that) that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen/heard, I actually felt embarrassed for KG.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 08-01-2008 at 02:23 AM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:20 AM   #6
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Assuming injury free (that's a big assuption) and cohesion, this vaults them into the top 4 of the West, however I wouldn't be so quick to call them a favorite.

There were already top 4 in the west (without Yao and under Adelman's first year.......yeah improvement is coming on that alone) without Artest.......this bumps them up to one of the teams (top 2) to beat.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:23 AM   #7
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

An injury prone team with already bad chemistry with artest before he even plays. Yeah, they're locks to be champs. Considering injuries and suspensions how many games will the 3 stars all play in. 15? If they're healthy they have a good team, but even then I wouldn't count them as the favorites.

.....yes they would cry
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:23 AM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
There were already top 4 without Artest.......this bumps them up to one of the teams (top 2) to beat.
No they weren't. Which is the reason why I said "assuming injury free." I'm not basing it on what they would've or could've been with Yao ending off the season but rather where they finished, in 5th and an equal record with 6th place Phoenix but holding the tiebreaker. Injuries are a major factor for Houston year after year. And if they haven't ever been out of the first round, how does Ron make them the favorite to win a championship?
Old 08-01-2008, 02:25 AM   #9
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

Quote:
No they weren't. Which is the reason why I said "assuming injury free." I'm not basing it on what they would've or could've been with Yao ending off the season but rather where they finished, in 5th and an equal record with 6th place Phoenix but holding the tiebreaker. Injuries are a major factor for Houston year after year. And if they haven't ever been out of the first round, how does Ron make them the favorite to win a championship?

They finished with a better record than Utah. Thus they were the fourth best team in the West last year
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:26 AM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIMMER
They finished with a better record than Utah. Thus they were the fourth best team in the West last year
They were taken out by Utah in 6.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:33 AM   #11
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

Quote:
They were taken out by Utah in 6.

Plleeeasse. Anybody in the right mind knows an undermanned team missing their best player took Utah to 6 games. Gimme a break
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:35 AM   #12
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
An injury prone team with already bad chemistry with artest before he even plays. Yeah, they're locks to be champs. Considering injuries and suspensions how many games will the 3 stars all play in. 15? If they're healthy they have a good team, but even then I wouldn't count them as the favorites.

.....yes they would cry
Bad chemistry? You obviously haven't watched them play
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:38 AM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIMMER
Plleeeasse. Anybody in the right mind knows an undermanned team missing their best player took Utah to 6 games. Gimme a break
If this was a different team we were talking about, it'd be easier to say something like "yeah, tough luck for Yao. Oh well, he'll come back and be 100% next season. But how can we just assume that when he's played no more than 57 games in each of the last 3 seasons. As for T-mac, he has chronic back issues and has proved to be one of the most fragile players in this league. Yes they weren't at full strenght but when are they ever at ful strength for an entire season?
Old 08-01-2008, 02:40 AM   #14
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:

uhh, I hate to break this to you, but Houston's record was a top 4 record last year.......again.....without Artest.

You can cut and slice all the B.S. you want, say we were tied for 6th or whatever, but this was a top 4 team record wise in the west. Especially when you take into account that they struggled early on learning a new system that Sac players say takes a couple of years to learn and also had to rely heavily on rookies...all things (getting the system down and the progression of the rookies) that will be better.

If you really want to say this team is "tied 6th with the aging "setting" suns' team, be my guest. Teams usually make their biggest leaps under the second year of a head coach (and so do rookie players...Scola, Brooks, and hopefully Landry) and for a team that pulled off the 2nd longest winning streak in league history during the tutaledge of a new head coach......that's pretty amazing.

You can pipe on "well they never made it out of the first round" crap all you want, but what did Boston accomplish before their deals.........oh yeah, just getting screwed out of the #1 pick.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:43 AM   #15
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
Bad chemistry? You obviously haven't watched them play

I'm saying artest just joins the team and he and yao got off to a bad start. No I haven't seen them play with Artest. Have you?
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: