Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-01-2008, 02:44 AM   #16
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation
Default Re: will TMAC/YAO cry when they win the 2009 Finals???

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
I'm saying artest just joins the team and he and yao got off to a bad start. No I haven't seen them play with Artest. Have you?

How have Yao and Artest gotten off to a bad start? This entire "argument" was fabricated bullsh#t created by the media
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:45 AM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
uhh, I hate to break this to you, but Houston's record was a top 4 record last year.......again.....without Artest.

You can cut and slice all the B.S. you want, say we were tied for 6th or whatever, but this was a top 4 team record wise in the west. Especially when you take into account that they struggled early on learning a new system that Sac players say takes a couple of years to learn and also had to rely heavily on rookies...all things (getting the system down and the progression of the rookies) that will be better.

If you really want to say this team is "tied 6th with the aging "setting" suns' team, be my guest. Teams usually make their biggest leaps under the second year of a head coach (and so do rookie players...Scola, Brooks, and hopefully Landry) and for a team that pulled off the 2nd longest winning streak in league history during the tutaledge of a new head coach......that's pretty amazing.

You can pipe on "well they never made it out of the first round" crap all you want, but what did Boston accomplish before their deals.........oh yeah, just getting screwed out of the #1 pick.
KG/Pierce/Allen >>> Yao/T-mac/Artest

to address that last part. and for the first part, the West was a dogfight last season so the records weren't indicitive of exactly how good each team was. 1 and 8 were seperated by a total of 7 games and positions weren't locked in until the final week. If you want to be delusional and say that you guarantee a title for the Rockets in 2009, then go right ahead. You're not worth arguing with.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:46 AM   #18
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I'm saying artest just joins the team and he and yao got off to a bad start. No I haven't seen them play with Artest. Have you?
Didn't Artest clear things up that things are fine? How many times does he have to do it? Does the team have to play together to prove that things are ok?

Last edited by gyu : 08-01-2008 at 02:48 AM.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:53 AM   #19
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
Didn't Artest clear things up that things are fine? How many times does he have to do it? Does the team have to play together to prove that things are ok?

That would help.

Why did you edit out that part about my english? Realize that "already" is one word?
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:55 AM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
I think the obvious answer is yes. Why are having threads about "when they win the 2009 NBA Finals." in August?
Old 08-01-2008, 02:56 AM   #21
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Fine, but Scola/Battier/Alston/Landry >>>> Rondo/Perkins/Posey/House or whoever

Quote:
to address that last part. and for the first part, the West was a dogfight last season so the records weren't indicitive of exactly how good each team was. 1 and 8 were seperated by a total of 7 games and positions weren't locked in until the final week.

The Rockets record definitely wasn't indicitave of how good they were, considering their slow start and Yao's injury.

Quote:
If you want to be delusional and say that you guarantee a title for the Rockets in 2009, then go right ahead. You're not worth arguing with.

Stop with the Strawman. No one outside of a few fanatics has made any such guarantee.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:58 AM   #22
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Artest and Yao got off to a bad start? hmm I guess if a bad start = Artest saying within hours of their conversation that he'd jump off a building for Yao and Yao saying Artest is a great player that can help the team" Yep, that's one hellava bad start. Sh!t this team is in the dumper for sure. Somebody contact Les, the season is now officially over......damn.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:59 AM   #23
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Fine, but Scola/Battier/Alston/Landry >>>> Rondo/Perkins/Posey/House or whoever

The Rockets record definitely wasn't indicitave of how good they were, considering their slow start and Yao's injury.

Stop with the Strawman. No one outside of a few fanatics has made any such guarantee.

That's what you guys are in here arguing about. I said that they are definitely a top 4 team but not the guaranteed favorites to win a championship.... did you read that?
Old 08-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #24
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Listing them as a contender does not = guaranteed to win a title.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 AM   #25
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15

to address that last part. and for the first part, the West was a dogfight last season so the records weren't indicitive of exactly how good each team was. 1 and 8 were seperated by a total of 7 games and positions weren't locked in until the final week. If you want to be delusional and say that you guarantee a title for the Rockets in 2009, then go right ahead. You're not worth arguing with.

Uh, again for the handy..........Houston finished a couple of games out of first place despite missing arguably their best player under their first year head coach..........what do you not get, do you really think that the players who accomplished this feat are just going to not learn more about Adelman's system? Give me a damn break.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 08-01-2008 at 02:57 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:07 AM   #26
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Listing them as a contender does not = guaranteed to win a title.
Quote:
will TMAC/YAO cry when they win the 2009 Finals???
So shut your illiterate dumbass the FUCK up.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:10 AM   #27
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurestar35
I could just see tmac getting all emotional... same with Yao.
crying as they watch elton brand and iggy celebrate
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:10 AM   #28
SCY
Put yr guns up

Oh cmon, you consider some troll with 87 posts to be a true Rockets fan? How is that fair game? Unless it's coming from Rezznor, Pigto, Fatboy, TMac&Luther, CCR and a few others I'm forgetting, I personally don't see the need to defend it.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:10 AM   #29
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
So shut your illiterate dumbass the FUCK up.

amen, people here saying that no one said they would be champs and that's what the whole board is all about.
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #30
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
amen, people here saying that no one said they would be champs and that's what the whole board is all about.
that's what i'm saying.. they're in here talking as if nobody has said anything out of the ordinary when they are in here talking about what Yao and T-mac's reaction will be WHEN, not IF they win the championship. Each member doesn't have to say "I guarantee it" because even acknowledging the question shows that you agree with the OP.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: