Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #31
SCY
Put yr guns up

Default Re: will TMAC/YAO cry when they win the 2009 Finals???

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
amen, people here saying that no one said they would be champs and that's what the whole board is all about.

You guys haven't posted here too long have you?
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #32
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Oh cmon, you consider some troll with 87 posts to be a true Rockets fan? How is that fair game? Unless it's coming from Rezznor, Pigto, Fatboy, TMac&Luther, CCR and a few others I'm forgetting, I personally don't see the need to defend it.

How active you are on this ssite determines how much of a fan you are? Look at it this way, the fact that him posting is a rare occasion must mean this topic is special
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:16 AM   #33
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
that's what i'm saying.. they're in here talking as if nobody has said anything out of the ordinary when they are in here talking about what Yao and T-mac's reaction will be WHEN, not IF they win the championship. Each member doesn't have to say "I guarantee it" because even acknowledging the question shows that you agree with the OP.

So I guess you agree with the op? If it were up to me this thread would be deleted right away, but I saw some stuff unrelated to the OP I felt I had to respond to.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:17 AM   #34
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
So I guess you agree with the op? If it were up to me this thread would be deleted right away, but I saw some stuff unrelated to the OP I felt I had to respond to.
I didn't say. "Yao will probably cry" or an answer to it. Rather, I questioned the notion that they were guaranteed to win. I can see that Ron Artest fans share his IQ level.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:21 AM   #35
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
I didn't say. "Yao will probably cry" or an answer to it. Rather, I questioned the notion that they were guaranteed to win. I can see that Ron Artest fans share his IQ level.

Barely anyone actually answered the OP. Why would they, he's just here to stir up sh.t, and he succeeded. Sorry for insulting you in the other thread, sometimes punching keys gets me too hyped. I'm out.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:34 AM   #36
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY

Don't worry... I used to get upset at the "haters", but over time (and just now recently) I have come to accept "haters' as a good omen. really (Laker/Boston/Detroit/ and any other top team fan) has been taking a big crap all over this trade. ( I find that funny)

I mean, how much are the Knicks, Grizzlies, and Milwaukee Bucks' of the world hated on? If nobody hates on your team, it means you don't matter and frankly aren't that good. However, If your team has to deal with theads like this, it means your team is getting somewhere.........I can't wait for next season.

Keep hating ISH rejects......keep starting BS threads.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 08-01-2008 at 03:41 AM.
TMac&Luther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:40 AM   #37
futurestar35
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Oh cmon, you consider some troll with 87 posts to be a true Rockets fan? How is that fair game? Unless it's coming from Rezznor, Pigto, Fatboy, TMac&Luther, CCR and a few others I'm forgetting, I personally don't see the need to defend it.

TBH... I'm not a Rockets Fan, I never said I was. I just honestly think they will get into the finals with the addition of Artest. I'm from Dallas, and have been a Mavs fan since Bradley days.
futurestar35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:47 AM   #38
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Don't worry... I used to get upset at the "haters", but over time (and just now recently) I have come to accept "haters' as a good omen. really (Laker/Boston/Detroit/ and any other top team fan) has been taking a big crap all over this trade. ( I find that funny)

I mean, how much are the Knicks, Grizzlies, and Milwaukee Bucks' of the world hated on? If nobody hates on your team, it means you don't matter and frankly aren't that good. .
If people thinking that the Rockets aren't a guaranteed championship lock for the upcoming season makes them haters, then i'm sure by that definition your team will have hundreds of "haters" both Rocket fans (intelligent ones anyways) and non-Rocket fans.

edit: and SCY can claim that he was responding to comments after the OP, but you can't.

Quote:
As long as Tmac doesn't step up to the mike and give us all a gay ass "Anythinng is poooooooooooossssssssibbblleee!!!!!!" speach everything will be fine. Seriously (for a moment I wished the Celtics didn't win the chip so I didn't have to here that) that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen/heard, I actually felt embarrassed for KG.

You responded as if you're preparing for when it happens rather than stating that the thread is stupid.

Last edited by bokes15 : 08-01-2008 at 03:58 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:02 AM   #40
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
If people thinking that the Rockets aren't a guaranteed championship lock for the upcoming season makes them haters, then i'm sure by that definition your team will have hundreds of "haters" both Rocket fans (intelligent ones anyways) and non-Rocket fans.

I'm not calling out people that think "the Rockets aren't a guaranteed championship lock".....I'm calling out the dumbasses that try to call us a lower seed then we were before Artest even fucking got here, or the idiots that think this move isn't going to help us.....please catch the hell up, and no...by your definition this team will not have hundreds of "haters"......both Rocket fans (intelligent ones anyways) and non-Rocket fans, will get what the hell I just said.
TMac&Luther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:21 AM   #41
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
I'm not calling out people that think "the Rockets aren't a guaranteed championship lock".....I'm calling out the dumbasses that try to call us a lower seed then we were before Artest even fucking got here, or the idiots that think this move isn't going to help us.....please catch the hell up, and no...by your definition this team will not have hundreds of "haters"......both Rocket fans (intelligent ones anyways) and non-Rocket fans, will get what the hell I just said.
Nobody thinks that the move isn't going to help you. Nobody. Myself personally I think it will help but does it automatically put them ahead of the Lakers and Spurs? I don't know about that. That's not something i'd guarantee before the season has even started.

Undisputed facts (whether you choose to acknowledge them or not)

1. Yao Ming hasn't played a full season since 04-05
2. Tracy McGrady has been injury prone throughout his entire career (and has a chronic back issue).
3. Neither player has been out of the first round.
4. Ron Artest has a history of being a headcase even though he's a great talent.

Now, here's the part thats making you guys look like trolls. Can we say that James Posey will make the Hornets better? Well if the answer is yes than can we assume that they will be the guaranteed #1 seed in the West. Or wait, the Lakers will be getting Bynum back, and will he make them better? Yeah definitely. So can we say that since they already had the best record and he makes them better that they will be guaranteed to retain the #1 seed? You can't just plug the guy in and say that since they had the 4th best record last season and he'll improve the team that they are gonna just automatically move up. It doesn't work that way. Obviously adding KG and Ray Allen to the Celtics in an Eastern Conference where 36 wins made the playoffs was gonna make them a favorite for at least a top 2 position in the East. The West had 8 50 win teams last year so assumptions don't come so easily, that's all i'm saying. Anyways that all I have to say about this thread.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #42
gpfanz
National High School Star

if they dun i will
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #43
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
There were already top 4 in the west (without Yao and under Adelman's first year.......yeah improvement is coming on that alone) without Artest.......this bumps them up to one of the teams (top 2) to beat.
same story every year. top 4 team in the west, yet they cant get out of the first round.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #44
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
Didn't Artest clear things up that things are fine? How many times does he have to do it? Does the team have to play together to prove that things are ok?
when it doesnt come across like he is saying it in a slightly mocking manner (the bit about he'll do whatever yao or tmac say) indicating that he felt disrespected by the comment. hes a highly emotional guy and we all know how this ghetto child handles being disrespected. keeping it real cause its a cultural thang.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #45
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
You guys haven't posted here too long have you?
while it is true that the rox get mocked and shat on for their playoff inadequacies, it is also true that the rox fanboys are very vocal every offseason about how their team is one of the top contenders in the league. I have even seen some of the reasonable, quality posters you mentioned engage in this (granted, it was several years ago before they had lost some of their enthusiasm for this team).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: