Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-01-2008, 02:27 AM   #1
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation
Default Yao Ming was JOKING with the Artest brawl mention (from Clutch BBS)

Irresponsible journalism at its FINEST.

Quote:
"Yao had generally praised Artest and the trade, but had said he was concerned about “chemistry” and made a joking reference to the incident when Artest went into the stands after a fan, inspiring Artest to say he would be happy to come to Houston only if Yao and the Rockets demonstrated their commitment to the move."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mplkn/5918602.html
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:30 AM   #2
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman

Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board
Default Re: Yao Ming was JOKING with the Artest brawl mention (from Clutch BBS)

agree the press always make big deal of nothing
Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:32 AM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

its called damage control by a PR firm, joking or not
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:34 AM   #4
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
its called damage control by a PR firm, joking or not

Its called the worst journalist at the Houston Chronicle taking quotes out of context and stirring up a sh!t storm
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:44 AM   #5
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Having heard a few Yao interviews, I had ZERO doubt that he was joking.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:47 AM   #6
final.wrath
Banned

it doesnt matter that he was joking. he still wondered about the chemistry and made the "joke" to demonstrate his point. im sure the reference to the stands fighting was a more of a "poking fun" joke than a "no you got it all wrong i was joking there was even a potential chemistry issue to worry about"

obviously there are chemistry concerns with a player like artest my bet is yao didnt realize how the media makes a huge deal of everything and how his words would affect the situation.

i mean... aren't you rockets fans having some thoughts about ron's sanity? and more saying it doesn't matter how crazy it is its how he plays... i mean you guys did read the same interviews I did right?

Last edited by final.wrath : 08-01-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:51 AM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i mean... aren't you rockets fans having some thoughts about ron's sanity? and more saying it doesn't matter how crazy it is its how he plays... i mean you guys did read the same interviews I did right?
Nope, as soon as the news hit, all of a sudden rockets fans opinion of him skyrocketed (no pun intended).
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:00 AM   #8
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Agreed in this case. But I think the "just jokings" are getting to be too much of an excuse. It makes it seem like it is alright because of it. "Kobe, tell me how my *** taste" Oh I was just playing around.....
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:01 AM   #9
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Nope, as soon as the news hit, all of a sudden rockets fans opinion of him skyrocketed (no pun intended).

I for one have loved Artest since he broke out with the Pacers, and I can remember the main core of Rockets fans on here have been clamoring for an Artest trade ever since Indiana put him on the block, and definitely during his days in Sac. Please shut your ignorant ass the FUCK up.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
Agreed in this case. But I think the "just jokings" are getting to be too much of an excuse. It makes it seem like it is alright because of it. "Kobe, tell me how my *** taste" Oh I was just playing around.....
exactly. I agree that he was joking in his reference to Artest jumping in the stands, I don't doubt that. but behind that mask there definitely has to be some real concern about this guys history and mental stability. No doubt they all know he's a terrific basketball player, but you never know which Ron Artest is gonna show up on a given night.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15

It is weird. I'm a Pacers fan, so maybe I'm more well-versed in his antics than some, but even if I were a fan of someone else and I found out they traded for him my first reaction would be "JESUS NO!"
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 AM   #12
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

the media does that with everything... every time you read about something do you automatically focus your opinion on what you have read, I know Iv learned not to long ago, so this doesnt surprise me and yao's quotes wasnt that serious to begin with...

it was blunt but now i found out its a joke. and this was all before yao and artest had a chance to talk man to man.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:13 AM   #13
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

not concerned at all..

if artest acts up. which i doubt he will. we can always ship him out for peanuts
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #14
final.wrath
Banned

it is true that immediately after the news the whole rockets nation dropped their objections of artest and have been playing damage control with these interviews, but maybe thats just the more vocal ISH ones im sure the more intelligent are on clutchfans or whatever.

i do think this makes them better but the people who are acting like ron isnt a nut are just as nutty as ron.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:20 AM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
it is true that immediately after the news the whole rockets nation dropped their objections of artest and have been playing damage control with these interviews, but maybe thats just the more vocal ISH ones im sure the more intelligent are on clutchfans or whatever.

i do think this makes them better but the people who are acting like ron isnt a nut are just as nutty as ron.
yeah thats probably it. unfortunately the respectable rockets posters like fatboy, ElPigto, ClutchCity and others aren't here and the rockets fans who are here are giving the team a poor representation.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: