Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Questions about boxing

i was looking online and seen that james kirkland and floyd mayweather are in the same weight class.Why the hell does kirkland look so much f'in bigger?Another question i always had is if 2 people lets say 20 pounds apart fought would it just be a massacre?If mayweather fought a avg boxer 20 pounds heavier would he even have a chance?
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Questions about boxing

most professional boxers fight several pounds below their natural/walk-around weight. they would lose the weight leading to the weigh-in and gain it back overnight. boxers who climb weight divisions (like mayweather) usually stop at their natural weight. they will look smaller than fighters who have been fighting at that weight class their entire career
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
most professional boxers fight several pounds below their natural/walk-around weight. they would lose the weight leading to the weigh-in and gain it back overnight. boxers who climb weight divisions (like mayweather) usually stop at their natural weight. they will look smaller than fighters who have been fighting at that weight class their entire career
if he fought a avg boxer 20 pounds heavier would he get destroyed.Example floyd comes in the fight at idk 154 pounds and the person he is fighing is 174.When i say avg boxer i mean someone with like a record idk 30W 10L.I dont have any particular boxer in mind.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
Wade3
I hit open layups

Wade3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
if he fought a avg boxer 20 pounds heavier would he get destroyed.Example floyd comes in the fight at idk 154 pounds and the person he is fighing is 174.When i say avg boxer i mean someone with like a record idk 30W 10L.I dont have any particular boxer in mind.

Mayweather was 152 against Canelo who was 165. If you're asking if he could beat a top level fighter who weighs in at 174 then probably not as that fighter would end up rehydrating to 185-190 lbs.

Somebody like Adonis Stevenson or Sergey Kovalev would maul Floyd, they'd push him around in the clinch, walk through his punches and hit him with shots more powerful than he's ever felt before.

Weight matters in boxing bigtime
Wade3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

weight matters a lot in boxing. someone could be knocking people out at 140, then move up to 147 and have just average power. 20lbs over floyd would be about 170.. wouldnt be fair but im pretty sure floyd could still beat some of those guys
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #6
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
weight matters a lot in boxing. someone could be knocking people out at 140, then move up to 147 and have just average power. 20lbs over floyd would be about 170.. wouldnt be fair but im pretty sure floyd could still beat some of those guys
thats what i thought
Old 12-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #7
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Floyd is a small Super Welterweight. Kirkland re-hydrates 20 pounds by fight night, from 154 to 174.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: