Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-01-2006, 12:06 AM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

Default Anyone else feel this way?

On February 18, 2005, I endured the most painful moment of my life at the age of 17. After living in Orange County, California for all of my life, my parents decided to pack our bags and move to a rural mountain in New Mexico called Cloudcroft. For those who don't know where that is(probably every one on this board), but it's in the Sacramento Mountains about 40 minutes away from Las Crusas and 50 minutes away from Roswell. Although, I love my parents and I'm glad to have them, I left behind my brother, sister, and the best friends that I ever made and that I grew up with since Elementary School. And also the transition from sunny Orange County, beaches, bikinis, boobs, ass, nice cars, parties, fun, etc. to a rural mountain with a population of 700 people and the high school that I had to go to has only 200 students. That's a pretty big difference from my old school, Tesoro HS that had 4000+. I graduated from HS, but my experience sucked. No one liked the new guy from Orange County. I made enough friends to count on one hand. People were freakin *******s. Most of them were cowboy rednecks and crap like that, That's not even the main problem. The main problem were the "normal non hick" people. They were isolated on the damn mountain all their lives that they do not know anything down the mountain. They think they know everything but they don't. They are so ignorant. They thought they knew everything about me when I moved here, and people hated me because I actually voiced my opinions and stood up for myself because it's now "such a bad thing". I made 3 few friends. One of them is one of my best friends for life because he was there from day one when I moved there. He had my back through thick and thin, and people hated him because he actually voiced his opinion and stood up for himself. He's in the Army now so he's not around. The other 2 people, they are grils. One of them I wanted to date, but she's in the Army as well. The other one is the type that I can't tell if she really is my friend or not and it pisses me off. She's the type of person that's cool to be around for a good 5 minutes, but any longer, I can't stand her. All my homies are 1000 miles away. I have no one to hang out with. There is nothing to do except computer, tv, and work at Sonic Burger. The Sonic Burger I work at is down the mountain just so I can be away from Cloudcroft for a change. That sucks. I'm sick of that life style. I want to party, I want to go to the beach, I want to hang out with the homies. I want to be around hot girls. I want to Ball at Vinace Beach again(that sh!t's fun).

Anyone else feel this way?
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Anyone would feel that way. I'm not sure what to say other than I'm sorry that that happened to you.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:18 AM   #3
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Dude, that would totally suck. Did you ever score at your high school.
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:52 AM   #4
clipps
Good college starter

No. I scored in Orange County where the girls are hotter, but not with any of the uglier girls here in Cloudcroft.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:53 AM   #5
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Anyone would feel that way. I'm not sure what to say other than I'm sorry that that happened to you.

I ment has this happened to anyone else.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good

Since you finished HS, why not move back and in with your brother or sister? And if you're going to college, why not go to one back in Cal?
JohnnySic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:00 PM   #7
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Since you finished HS, why not move back and in with your brother or sister? And if you're going to college, why not go to one back in Cal?

Yeah man I feel you. You should apply for a college in California just to be back in your environment. Plus youd be closer to Staples Center.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #8
Derek
Good High School Starter

I actually did the opposite. I moved to California and it was the best thing I've ever done.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: