Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default My prediction: the Bulls will make the playoffs.

I honestly think they'll bounce back from the horrible season they had and make the playoffs. I think re-signing Luol Deng (and probably Gordon) will end up being a good thing. I think Hinrich starting (for now) with Rose off the bench is a good idea... I mean just think about how sick the Bulls bench would be with Rose, Sefolosha or Hughes, Nocioni, Thomas and Aaron Gray coming off the bench. Then the starting lineup of Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Gooden and Noah will be good too. I think they'll be an 8th seed team and lose in the first round.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:00 AM   #2
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: My prediction: the Bulls will make the playoffs.

Nobody can even begin a 08-09 Bulls prediction thread.

Ben Gordon's future w/ the Bulls is completely up in the air. Until we know if he's in or he's out this is pointless.

No disrepect Conan.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:09 AM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Re-signing Gordon is no longer a matter of "when." Not only is there a log jam of guards on the team, but now he wants as much or more money than Deng since he feels that he (being influenced by his stupid agent) thinks he's the best player on the team and should therefore make the most money.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I honestly think they'll bounce back from the horrible season they had and make the playoffs. I think re-signing Luol Deng (and probably Gordon) will end up being a good thing. I think Hinrich starting (for now) with Rose off the bench is a good idea... I mean just think about how sick the Bulls bench would be with Rose, Sefolosha or Hughes, Nocioni, Thomas and Aaron Gray coming off the bench. Then the starting lineup of Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Gooden and Noah will be good too. I think they'll be an 8th seed team and lose in the first round.

I dont think being an 8th seed in the east and then losing in the first round is considered bouncing back. We were only 4 games back from the 8th seed so winning four more games next year would not be much of an accomplishment. Deng is an essential piece. Although im not sure whats going to happen with the gordon situation. But he may sign the QO show a more complete BG to boost his stock and then bolt for another team(you never know). The starting lineup will most likely have hughes in it than gordon cause they like his energy off the bench.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #5
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

east is stronger this year, philly and toronto have gotten a lot more firepower and miami will be much better this year with a healthy wade back, also with beasley and marion they will improve by a lot of games so the east is now more competitive however I definatly think this team is capable of getting back to the playoffs, wizards are same old and cleveland don't look to be doing anything this year. 8th seed looks like a realistic guess.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
east is stronger this year, philly and toronto have gotten a lot more firepower and miami will be much better this year with a healthy wade back, also with beasley and marion they will improve by a lot of games so the east is now more competitive however I definatly think this team is capable of getting back to the playoffs, wizards are same old and cleveland don't look to be doing anything this year. 8th seed looks like a realistic guess.

Boston
Detroit
Cleveland
Orlando
Toronto
Philly
Washington
Milwaukee

I dont see playoffs at all.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #7
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Boston
Detroit
Cleveland
Orlando
Toronto
Philly
Washington
Milwaukee

You seriously like Milwakee over the Heat and Bulls?!?!?! I don't know how valuable your opinion becomes after this list.

Miami will be high in the standings. Healthy D-Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, and Marion?! Oh yeah. You better believe it. Don't be suprised to see Cleveland under Miami this coming season.

The Bulls are still a big question mark. You have no right to say they won't make the playoffs. If you do, you're a moron considing the impending moves that are still possible. I definitely like the Bulls as stands, without Gordon, over the Bucks for a playoff spot. With Gordon or the aquisition of a good post player? Sure shot over the Bucks.

Last edited by Undisputed : 08-05-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #8
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
You seriously like Milwakee over the Heat and Bulls?!?!?! I don't know how valuable your opinion becomes after this list.

Miami will be high in the standings. Healthy D-Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, and Marion?! Oh yeah. You better believe it. Don't be suprised to see Cleveland under Miami this coming season.

The Bulls are still a big question mark. You have no right to say they won't make the playoffs. If you do, you're a moron considing the impending moves that are still possible. I definitely like the Bulls as stands, without Gordon, over the Bucks for a playoff spot. With Gordon or the aquisition of a good post player? Sure shot over the Bucks.

My bad i forgot the heat honest mistake. yeah we def arent making it lol. The heat > milwaukee >bulls. I like your analysis of the heat they will be pretty solid. Y dont i have a right i didnt know it was against the law to say the bulls wont make the playoffs? The bulls arent a big question mark they are a big black hole. I'm a moron . ok. Impending moves. WHAT MOVES? Post player!!! Dont hold your breath waiting for that. The only way bulls get better is if Paxson locates his balls and starts using them. Better than the bucks w/out gordon i dont know if we are better with gordon. Milwaukee's starting 5 is better at every position except for gooden being better than Villanueva. Williams> Hinrich, Redd> whoever you choose to put here, Rich J> Deng, Bogut>Noah.

Last edited by drwax26 : 08-05-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:14 AM   #9
Deng13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Deng13 has an OK reputation so far

the bulls will definately make it to the playoffs....miami heat might have a nice strating line up but they are not deep at all....NBA season is a marathon....bulls are one of the deepest teams in NBA if not the deepest. our backups can easily give us quality minutes over anybody elses bench. trust me bulls will be in the playoffs...
Deng13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:50 AM   #10
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deng13
the bulls will definately make it to the playoffs....miami heat might have a nice strating line up but they are not deep at all....NBA season is a marathon....bulls are one of the deepest teams in NBA if not the deepest. our backups can easily give us quality minutes over anybody elses bench. trust me bulls will be in the playoffs...

I agree. This team doesn't even need any trades or aquisitions to make a good run at the playoffs. Waxy up there seems to have forgotten how good this team can be. Drew Gooden is on a contract year, so he'll be playing with hunger. Gooden has game. He fit in well with our offense last season. Don't forget that he and Hughes didn't even have a training camp with the team and still produced. Chemistry is everything.

So we added two good pieces last year, and got the number 1 pick in the draft, and a lot of jackoff Bulls fans don't appreciate it. After our twist of luck, everyone's still whining that they want more. We have depth at every position. If this team can play AS A TEAM....great things will happen.

Don't freak out Wax, there will be moves. There has to be some sort of deal this offseason. I will guarantee you that.

I'm willing to bet that Noah and Thomas will be much more productive, and their dynamics when on the floor together will be amplified. Rose will be a godsend to the style of play that Vinny wants to introduce. We have players that actually know how to D-up...this team should make the playoffs.

I don't give one **** about the Bucks starting five. When those guys need rest, can their bench carry the weight?! We'll see. Let the damn season begin.

Last edited by Undisputed : 08-06-2008 at 02:53 AM.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:08 AM   #11
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Boston
Detroit
Cleveland
Orlando
Toronto
Philly
Washington
Milwaukee

no way will it be in that order, you really think cleveland will be the 3rd best team in the east?

Better then orlando, philly and toronto? also washington are the same team they really havent added anything that they didnt already have. also milwaukee I don't see as being better then miami. regardless bulls will have to play good basketball to get into the playoffs this year.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #12
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
no way will it be in that order, you really think cleveland will be the 3rd best team in the east?

Better then orlando, philly and toronto? also washington are the same team they really havent added anything that they didnt already have. also milwaukee I don't see as being better then miami. regardless bulls will have to play good basketball to get into the playoffs this year.

Do you see numbers in front of those teams I was just listing as they came to mind.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #13
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: My prediction: the Bulls will make the playoffs.

Quote:

I think Boston, Philly, Toronto, and Miami are the top 4 teams in the East this year. Cleveland will make the playoffs solely because of Lebron, and Orlando has a very solid team. That's six definite playoff teams right there (barring injury). Washington will be better than last year because they will have a full season of Arenas, who only played in 13 games last year, and they still made the playoffs. I think they will be #7.

Atlanta, Charlotte, and the Knicks have little chance of making it, so that leaves the Bulls, Pistons, Bucks, Pacers, and Nets as possibilities for the 8th playoff spot.

I'm not sure how the Pistons will fare this year, but they play so well together that you cannot count them out.

The Bucks might have better offensive starters at each position, but defensively the Bulls have the edge (unless the two teams are playing each other, and then the Bulls defense, for some reason, is awful). The Bucks do have two stars, though, in Redd and Jefferson, and every person in that lineup can score. I want to see how they gel under Skiles and with the new players before making a prediction on them.

The Pacers did a decent job of adding talent, but now instead of a gaping hole at PG, they have a hole at PF. Of the fringe teams, the Pacers are the ones that I think have the worst chance of making the playoffs, just because there are too many question marks. I also don't think Dunleavey can put up similar numbers to last year.

The Nets are another team with a lot of new players that need to get used to each other, but I think they have all the ingredients to succeed. They have a go-to scorer in Vince Carter, they have a dynamic young PG in Devin Harris, and they have a lot of young, athletic bigs to fill in the holes.

The Bulls have been there before, but I really think that losing Gordon will hurt because we don't have another guy that can shoot as well as him. I don't want to overpay him, but I think keeping him around for one more year at the QO would be the best option for everyone. Bulls stay under the tax threshold and get their leading scorer back, and Gordon gets another year to show why he deserves the money he thinks he does.

Of these 5 teams, I think the Pistons have the best shot at getting in, but like everyone said before, it is very early, and we never know how things are going to fall into place.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #14
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I agree. This team doesn't even need any trades or aquisitions to make a good run at the playoffs. Waxy up there seems to have forgotten how good this team can be. Drew Gooden is on a contract year, so he'll be playing with hunger. Gooden has game. He fit in well with our offense last season. Don't forget that he and Hughes didn't even have a training camp with the team and still produced. Chemistry is everything.
So we added two good pieces last year, and got the number 1 pick in the draft, and a lot of jackoff Bulls fans don't appreciate it. After our twist of luck, everyone's still whining that they want more. We have depth at every position. If this team can play AS A TEAM....great things will happen.

Don't freak out Wax, there will be moves. There has to be some sort of deal this offseason. I will guarantee you that.

I'm willing to bet that Noah and Thomas will be much more productive, and their dynamics when on the floor together will be amplified. Rose will be a godsend to the style of play that Vinny wants to introduce. We have players that actually know how to D-up...this team should make the playoffs.

I don't give one **** about the Bucks starting five. When those guys need rest, can their bench carry the weight?! We'll see. Let the damn season begin.

Like I said in other post Skiles maximized the talent of this team. I already said gooden is good and will put up 15 and 10 no problem. Hughes is decent but cant find is form from when he was with philly and washington. Yeah we def need to play as a team and hopefully they can accomplish that under a new fres coach. There wont be any trades and if they are its not going to be for an Impact post player Ill guarantee that. Hopefully Noah gets a better offensive game and Thomas learns how not to foul so much and fall for every pump fake that sends him jumping through the roof. Rose is going to be ok but he is a rookie you gotta give him time. We have depth i agree. But we have a lot of good/ decent players but no leader which is a big problem for the bulls. I want the bulls to succeed but they are not doing whats necessary and we cant wait around forever.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #15
Bulls2night
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bulls2night has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Like I said in other post Skiles maximized the talent of this team. I already said gooden is good and will put up 15 and 10 no problem. Hughes is decent but cant find is form from when he was with philly and washington. Yeah we def need to play as a team and hopefully they can accomplish that under a new fres coach. There wont be any trades and if they are its not going to be for an Impact post player Ill guarantee that. Hopefully Noah gets a better offensive game and Thomas learns how not to foul so much and fall for every pump fake that sends him jumping through the roof. Rose is going to be ok but he is a rookie you gotta give him time. We have depth i agree. But we have a lot of good/ decent players but no leader which is a big problem for the bulls. I want the bulls to succeed but they are not doing whats necessary and we cant wait around forever.

I agree with pretty much everything you have said on this post, except for Rose. Yes we do have to give Rose time, but start him from day 1 and take your lumps. IMO there is very little chance that we will make the playoffs with the same starting five that we had on the floor at the end of the year. I mean after the Ben Wallace trade we went, roughly, 13-20 and the only addition is Rose. Does anybody really think that the addition of Rose, (I am talking about this year, not the future) alone will make up 4 wins and and give the Bulls a .500 record? I have said this before and I am sure I will say it again, we are not a proactive team. We wait around for something good to happen, and we wait, and wait, and wait...ZZZZZZ... (Sorry fell asleep there), but yet as now I am awake, everything is the same.

Hinrich
Hughs
Deng
Gooden
Noah

Bulls2night is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: