Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #16
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: My prediction: the Bulls will make the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I agree. This team doesn't even need any trades or aquisitions to make a good run at the playoffs. Waxy up there seems to have forgotten how good this team can be. Drew Gooden is on a contract year, so he'll be playing with hunger. Gooden has game. He fit in well with our offense last season. Don't forget that he and Hughes didn't even have a training camp with the team and still produced. Chemistry is everything.

So we added two good pieces last year, and got the number 1 pick in the draft, and a lot of jackoff Bulls fans don't appreciate it. After our twist of luck, everyone's still whining that they want more. We have depth at every position. If this team can play AS A TEAM....great things will happen.

Don't freak out Wax, there will be moves. There has to be some sort of deal this offseason. I will guarantee you that.

I'm willing to bet that Noah and Thomas will be much more productive, and their dynamics when on the floor together will be amplified. Rose will be a godsend to the style of play that Vinny wants to introduce. We have players that actually know how to D-up...this team should make the playoffs.

I don't give one **** about the Bucks starting five. When those guys need rest, can their bench carry the weight?! We'll see. Let the damn season begin.

This post is rather odd to me. I hate to say it but... it sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that the Bulls will be so good this year.

I think this is what I am now calling Tyrus Thomas syndrome. I really am shocked at the number of people (well, lol Bulls fans only) who are predicting that Tyrus is going to become Shaq Russell-Olawawon.

I choose to be a heretic on this subject and draw the ire of the believers. There are times though when the echo-chamber is so strong that when I come away from the different forums I visit, even I don't know what to think about Thomas anymore.

That essentially sums how I feel right now about the Bulls season. I don't really expect the Bulls to make the playoffs. (and it can be argued the value of making the playoffs for team/fan morale vs falling short and getting a lottery pick that provides more inside help. Hopefully. )

I can see reasons why the Bulls will do well though. I seem to be in the minority but, I feel the Bulls have the best two point guards (as a combined total of talent) more than any other team. Seriously, what other team has TWO point guards as good as Kirk and Derrick?

Gooden and Gray are not appreciated enough by most Bulls fans in my opinion. ( I would like to see the two of them work together in the paint more BTW) They are not Dwight and Amare but they are both quite good.

Noah and Nocioni will always give their maximum effort and that is crucial to a winning team. Deng should be ready to focus on playing his best from now on, right?

Vinny seems to have his **** together and I think the players will listen to him and appreciate his style.

So I see some things to feel good about, but I still hope to see something happen before the summer is over that would give the Bulls a bigger boost.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 08-07-2008 at 12:08 AM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:09 AM   #17
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
This post is rather odd to me. I hate to say it but... it sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that the Bulls will be so good this year.

I think this is what I am now calling Tyrus Thomas syndrome. I really am shocked at the number of people (well, lol Bulls fans only) who are predicting that Tyrus is going to become Shaq Russel-Olawawon.

I choose to be a heretic on this subject and draw the ire of the believers. There are times though when the echo-chamber is so strong that when I come away from the different forums I visit, I don't know what to think anymore about Thomas.

That essentially sums how I feel right now about the Bulls season. I don't really expect the Bulls to make the playoffs. (and it can be argued the value of making the playoffs for team/fan morale vs falling short and getting a lottery pick that provides more inside help. Hopefully. )

I can see reasons why the Bulls will do well though. I seem to be in the minority but, I feel the Bulls have the best two point guards (as a combined total of talent) more than any other team. Seriously, what other team has TWO point guards as good as Kirk and Derrick?

Gooden and Gray are not appreciated enough by most Bulls fans in my opinion. ( I would like to see the two of them work together in the paint more BTW) They are not Dwight and Amare but they are both quite good.

Noah and Nocioni will always give their maximum effort and that is crucial to a winning team. Deng should be ready to focus on playing his best from now on, right?

Vinny seems to have his **** together and I think the players will listen to him and appreciate his style.

So I see some things to feel good about, but I still hope to see something happen before the summer is over that would give the Bulls a bigger boost.

You had 97% of what you said right but then you threw that down the drain when you said the bulls have THE BEST two point guards in the league. I think after that statement your posting privileges should be revoked. Captain Whack and I havent played 1 sec in a nba regular season Derrick Rose are the best point guard combo. Stupidity must be a more rampant disease than i thought. What about Derek Fisher and Jordan Farmar, Chauncey and Stuckey, Chris Paul and Pargo.....etc?
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #18
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
You had 97% of what you said right but then you threw that down the drain when you said the bulls have THE BEST two point guards in the league. I think after that statement your posting privileges should be revoked. Captain Whack and I havent played 1 sec in a nba regular season Derrick Rose are the best point guard combo. Stupidity must be a more rampant disease than i thought. What about Derek Fisher and Jordan Farmar, Chauncey and Stuckey, Chris Paul and Pargo.....etc?

lol. I am not even mad at you for this post. I respect your opinion but I disagree with such confidence I don't feel upset about it.

Chauncy and Stuckey are a good duo, you are right. However, Chauncy has the worst "aww, we'll get 'em next year" attitude of any pointguard near his level. Kirk is obviously closer to Billups in this match-up due the fact that they have the most experience of the four, but I give the edge to Kirk in most of the categories that are important to the point.

That feeling of Kirk over Chauncy only gets stronger when when you factor in age, injury history/probability, and tenacity.

Stuckey looks quite good but I wouldn't bet 5 bucks on Rodney accomplishing more than Derrick over the span of both players careers. Rose has all the tools to become an uber-point guard and he will get all the support he needs in Chicago.

So yeah, I luv this combination of the Hinrich and Rose show. Both guys are starting p.g. material and both guys are better than the average across the NBA.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #19
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349

I think this is what I am now calling Tyrus Thomas syndrome. I really am shocked at the number of people (well, lol Bulls fans only) who are predicting that Tyrus is going to become Shaq Russell-Olawawon.

I choose to be a heretic on this subject and draw the ire of the believers. There are times though when the echo-chamber is so strong that when I come away from the different forums I visit, even I don't know what to think about Thomas anymore.

Why was the post so odd to you when you just explained how you can see how the Bulls will do well? Interesting...

I am not trying to convince myself of anything. I am just convinced this team will make it to the playoffs. We have a bunch of young-athletic guys who will have stability in the coaching position this year with the veteran assistants, and fresh blood like Vinny.

Tyrus Thomas syndrome? You're losing me here. I said he and Noah combined would be dynamic. Never once did I overrate Thomas, even though he should be appreciated more than what he is amoung pessimistic Bulls fans. Here we have a young PF, and everyone expects him to carry this team, and when he doesn't, "HE'S A BUST! HE WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING! TRADE HIM!!!". Big fucking deal. He's made rookie mistakes so far, OH NO!!!! The transition into playing against the best in the world takes some time. Some take longer than others.

It's so typical for Bulls fans to not feel good about the team unless we pull in a superstar. This team is fine. We won't win a championship, we won't make it out of the first round of the playoffs this year(MAYBE), but our team is no pushover. The Bulls are a team of luck. We had Jordan and Pippen, an unlikely trip to the second round of the playoffs two years ago, and got the #1 pick in the draft with a 1.7 percent chance!!! Be happy.

I do agree that with Hinrich and Rose will become one of the great point guard duo's of the future. Given, that we keep Hinrich. It's anything goes after the Gordon's future is decided.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #20
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Bulls definitely have the talent to get 30+ but the Playoffs are a stretch. I'm still not positive Larry Hughes, and Ben Gordon start the season with the Bulls; I see them getting moved. The Bulls also need to address their Front Court situation; they're still relatively small. Right now, I see teams like Atlanta, and Charlotte ahead of Chicago.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #21
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I agree. This team doesn't even need any trades or aquisitions to make a good run at the playoffs. Waxy up there seems to have forgotten how good this team can be. Drew Gooden is on a contract year, so he'll be playing with hunger. Gooden has game. He fit in well with our offense last season. Don't forget that he and Hughes didn't even have a training camp with the team and still produced. Chemistry is everything.

So we added two good pieces last year, and got the number 1 pick in the draft, and a lot of jackoff Bulls fans don't appreciate it. After our twist of luck, everyone's still whining that they want more. We have depth at every position. If this team can play AS A TEAM....great things will happen.

Don't freak out Wax, there will be moves. There has to be some sort of deal this offseason. I will guarantee you that.

I'm willing to bet that Noah and Thomas will be much more productive, and their dynamics when on the floor together will be amplified. Rose will be a godsend to the style of play that Vinny wants to introduce. We have players that actually know how to D-up...this team should make the playoffs.

I don't give one **** about the Bucks starting five. When those guys need rest, can their bench carry the weight?! We'll see. Let the damn season begin.

im noah and tyrus' fan but they are bean poles.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: