Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 09-09-2006, 04:51 PM   #16
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
I think Marvin becomes Lebron lite this year so yeah I'd do it again. I think CP will take a step back..them getting Peja was a big mistake.
care to explain how peja was a mistake?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #17
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Starbury4MVP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
I think Marvin becomes Lebron lite this year so yeah I'd do it again. I think CP will take a step back..them getting Peja was a big mistake.
WHOA! DID YOU JUST COMPARE MARVIN WILLIAMS TO LEBRON?!?!?!?! You are a total dumb@ss. Marvin isn't even in CP's league.
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #18
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah if someone still says that you should have taken Marvin over CP3 they need to have their head checked. He is best PG to come out of the draft in the last 5-7 years. Swingmen are a dime a dozen and Atl already had so many completely the wrong choice IMO. Marvin if he gets to half the stature of Lebron I will say he turned out to be a good player. Like him but will never be a Carmelo/Lebron type ever just like Gay will never be.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:06 AM   #19
T21
I brick open layups

T21 has an OK reputation so far

Tough one... I believe that Marvin will become a star in this league, and maybe better player than CP3... However, I would still go with Paul, knowing that great PG's don't come very often (every decade or so). I think that PG position is more important for the make-up and chemistry of any team than any of forward positions (unless we are talking about superstars)... Therefore, I'd say 60 to 40 in favour of Chris Paul.
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:51 AM   #20
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I would have took CP3 nothing against Marvin Williams, but come on, points guards like CP3 don't come in every draft and I would have loved to see CP3 and JJ in the same backcourt and I wouldn't care if they made the playoffs and got knocked out the first round, we would have made the playoffs, but then we could have seen what the Hawks can improve on and make them better, but as long as Billy Knight is the GM, the Hawks will be having pot dreams of the making the playoffs but I like some of the moves the Hawks made this offseason getting Speedy Claxton, I know he'll want something to prove especially being a backup most of his career.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:17 AM   #21
AtlHawks
I airball my layups

AtlHawks has no real reputation yet.

Very soon everyone will realize what a special talent Marvin Williams is. It is pointless at this stage and time to talk him up. Hawks will just allow him to show everyone what kind of player he will be. A talent like Marvin doesn't come around often either. Paul and Marvin are special talents in their own right. Paul was more NBA Ready when he came out. Marvin was still a year away. Every scout in the known universe and every worthless commentator said this as well. Amazing how short term everyone memory becomes. Now is the year for Marvin to shine.
AtlHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:06 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Marvin needs to work harder now.

CP3 is showing him up.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:21 AM   #23
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

They 100% would have taken c-paul if they could do it over again
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: