Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 08-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Tarence Kinsey

Link

Dont really know much about him but we signed him. Good Job Ferry, now i can respect you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
The Cleveland Cavaliers have signed guard Tarence Kinsey to a contract, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced today. Per team and league policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Kinsey, 24, split last season with the Memphis Grizzlies and with Fenerbahce Ulker Istanbul of the Turkish Basketball League. In 11 games with Memphis, he averaged 3.6 points on .421 shooting and 1.1 rebounds in 8.7 minutes per game. He averaged 9.2 points in 14 regular season games with Fenerbahce Ulker and posted averages of 8.8 points on .492 shooting and 2.8 rebounds in 12 Euroleague games.

“Tarence is a talented young perimeter player that has good length and athleticism,” Ferry said. “He has shown an ability to be an effective player on both ends of the court.”

As a rookie in 2006-07, the 6-foot-6 guard played in 48 games (12 starts) with the Grizzlies and averaged 7.7 points on .457 shooting, 2.0 rebounds and 1.1 steals in 20.2 minutes per game. Kinsey, who played all four seasons at the University of South Carolina, averaged 18.8 points on .491 shooting, 4.4 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 2.4 steals in 41.8 minutes per game in the 12 starts with Memphis.

1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Tarence Kinsey

Seemed like an above average shooter when I saw him play in the Summer League. But then Memphis cut him right after, so I'm not getting too excited. If he only put up 9ppg in Turkey, what's he going to do in the NBA?

A year ago I might have been happy about this signing when I saw him play ball, but right now I can't muster the energy to get too excited. We'll see what he does. We're loaded at SG again, and none of them quality.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: