Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #16
Silence Dogood
I airball my layups

Silence Dogood has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Coach K: Bosh the 'Defensive Leader' of Team USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Wonder how long he'll keep that gimmick up!?
Thou hast no idea the girth of mine patience. (plus everyone knows who I am anyway)

Silence Dogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #17
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Bosh was a differance maker vs China.

His ability to deny Yao the ball was excellent. Also the energy he brought when he was inserted early in the 3rd quarter when China was still close really sparked the U.S and the rought was on from there.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:29 AM   #18
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Bosh was a differance maker vs China.

His ability to deny Yao the ball was excellent. Also the energy he brought when he was inserted early in the 3rd quarter when China was still close really sparked the U.S and the rought was on from there.

I don't think that's entirely true. China try to give the ball to Yao but they dont have anyone that is good enough to pass the ball to him. Yao was open most of the time but all China have were their 7 footers and couldn't produce any true guards in years.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #19
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
I don't think that's entirely true. China try to give the ball to Yao but they dont have anyone that is good enough to pass the ball to him. Yao was open most of the time but all China have were their 7 footers and couldn't produce any true guards in years.
Yao has 80 pounds on Bosh so the pass shouldn't really have mattered. His D on Yao was impressive most of the time.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #20
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Kobe Bryant and Chris Bosh led the United States in a 92-69 win over Greece on Thursday, earning a measure of revenge in the process, according to The Associated Press.

Bryant had 18 points and Bosh added 18 points and 5 rebounds for the United States, who shot 53.7% from the field and held Greece to just 41.3% shooting.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #21
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
For the final two-and-a-half minutes in the first half of Team USA's Olympic game vs. Greece on Thursday, it was difficult to remember that there were 10 men on the court. That's because everywhere you looked, all you saw was Chris Bosh. Running on the wing on a fast break. Drawing fouls inside. Getting high-fives from teammates. Selling soda in the stands.

Oh, and playing defense. Marvelous, marvelous defense, the kind that, if transformed into an actual direct quote from Bosh to the Greek team, would go something like this: "Let me show you what you can do with that danged pick-and-roll of yours, my friends."

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=445649
Old 08-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #22
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Kobe Bryant and Chris Bosh led the United States in a 92-69 win over Greece on Thursday, earning a measure of revenge in the process, according to The Associated Press.

Bryant had 18 points and Bosh added 18 points and 5 rebounds for the United States, who shot 53.7% from the field and held Greece to just 41.3% shooting.

to me, as a raptor fan, the key stat is that Bosh played 21 minutes, vs Dwight Howard's 11 minutes rivalry!!!

(Boozer had 5 minutes... James at 26 minutes, played the most)
(Bosh also shot 7/8 from field, 88% )
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:03 PM   #23
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
For the final two-and-a-half minutes in the first half of Team USA's Olympic game vs. Greece on Thursday, it was difficult to remember that there were 10 men on the court. That's because everywhere you looked, all you saw was Chris Bosh. Running on the wing on a fast break. Drawing fouls inside. Getting high-fives from teammates. Selling soda in the stands.

Oh, and playing defense. Marvelous, marvelous defense, the kind that, if transformed into an actual direct quote from Bosh to the Greek team, would go something like this: "Let me show you what you can do with that danged pick-and-roll of yours, my friends."

If JO's defense is anything like it used to be, then opposing offences are going to have a rough time against the Raps this year (well except on the perimetre... )
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #24
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Bosh certainly looks like a diference maker for the US team. He looks great out there, playing both ends of the court. What's best is that he is playing within himself and still getting plenty of good opportunities. Lebron, Kobe, Wade all look good, but to me Bosh stands out.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: