Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 08-05-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Article about Stuckey

http://www.theolympian.com/nationwor...ry/531368.html

Quote:
"You know, we see Rodney as a starter - he's a sixth starter," Curry said Monday at Wabeek Country Club in Bloomfield Hills, where he was participating in a charity golf outing for the St. Cecilia basketball program.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:53 AM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Article about Stuckey

Great post. I tried to rep you but it said I needed to spread more still. This tells me there is no trade on the horizon. The core will be the same again. Expect Stuckey to be the 6th man. If something happens it will be at the trade deadline or next season. I'm all for a trade if it makes the team better. There has been nothing thus far that makes me go wow. McGrady sparks some interest but we know it isn't going to happen and it didn't make any of us say wow. Stuckey will get his next year and that will make us say wow.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

I've come to terms with there being no trade. I think Curry as head coach is a big change in itself. If the team doesn't look dominant there will be other chances at the trade deadline, and we've got a lot of bait.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
I've come to terms with there being no trade. I think Curry as head coach is a big change in itself. If the team doesn't look dominant there will be other chances at the trade deadline, and we've got a lot of bait.

My feelings exactly.

There is no point in making a trade for the sake of it. We have a great ball club and we can still compete with our personnel. There may be better options available come February to make any moves.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:57 AM   #5
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldn't be surprised If Stuckey gets most improved If he gets the minutes...he's got all the talent.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:09 AM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He definately has the potential to. They need to get him minutes somehow and also will need to make him feel secure. We can't have him leave when he's a FA.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:46 PM   #7
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

A bunch of Pistons fans loudly said early last season that Stuckey was going to turn out great, but no non-Pistons fans believed them

But now people do
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #8
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
I wouldn't be surprised If Stuckey gets most improved If he gets the minutes...he's got all the talent.
Its awfully hard to get sufficient minutes behind the backcourt of Chauncey and Rip...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
Its awfully hard to get sufficient minutes behind the backcourt of Chauncey and Rip...

True, but they have also talked about playing small ball in certain situations. They would have Rip, Chauncey, and Stuckey on the court together and move Prince to the 4 spot. I'm not sure how much we'll see it but that could give him more minutes.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #10
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I can see Stuckey being the 6th man this season as in the first player off the bench (unless a front court player gets in quick foul trouble)…

I imagine Stuckey will see no less than 20 minutes a game this season.

Also as dd24 has mentioned, there are plans to play small with Stuckey at the 2 and Rip at the 3… I am sure with our personnel it is possible to have a wide variety of line ups where Stuckey can be out there more… The Pistons have a backcourt reminiscent of the 'bad boys' teams of Isiah, Joe, and Vinnie.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:03 AM   #11
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #12
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Stuckey should be a Great lift for the Pistons this coming season. I like this guy style out on the court reminds me of a young Gray Payton dude just looks so serious.

Northern High School
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: