Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-25-2008, 12:57 AM   #1
mjohn90
I airball my layups

mjohn90 has an OK reputation so far
Default Is our guard situation a problem?

I don't see this working...

Calderon > Ukic
Parker > .... Adams? Kapono? Graham?

There has to be another trade coming...
mjohn90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is our guard situation a problem?

The SG spot looks really ugly. But at least this time the Raptors are going to have one of the best frontcourts in the league. Hopefully that is enough compensate.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:40 AM   #3
Koop1
Great young streetballer

Koop1 has an OK reputation so far

Front Court is strong initially with Bosh and O'neal, but looks WEAK as hell behind those two
Koop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:43 AM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The SG spot looks really ugly. But at least this time the Raptors are going to have one of the best frontcourts in the league. Hopefully that is enough compensate.
That's what i'm happy about. Having a strong frontcourt and a weak backcourt is easier to compesate for than the other way around. I'm not gonna say as of now i'd call us top 3-4 in the east but we're at least somewhere around the middle of the pack.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:56 AM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

You need great guard play to win...even with a great front court. Jose needs to play great b/c the rest isn't that special at all.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

I'm waiting to see Ukic play before making assumptions on the SG position. He's a big, skilled gaurd who's been playing lots in the Euro-league. I didnt see him play any in the Olympic qualifier for Croatia. But I heard he played very well.

Its the SF position im worried about. Were very average at that postion on both sides of the ball.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #7
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Didn't catch any summer league, but it doesn't seem like anyone not already a Raptor generated any hype either, so I have to wonder where they look for the extra body they need.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #8
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
I'm waiting to see Ukic play before making assumptions on the SG position. He's a big, skilled gaurd who's been playing lots in the Euro-league. I didnt see him play any in the Olympic qualifier for Croatia. But I heard he played very well.

Its the SF position im worried about. Were very average at that postion on both sides of the ball.

Just wanted to jump on that one point. He was SUPPOSED to play to get experience for his return here. By all accounts though, sadly, he actually played little. Sat mostly on the bench for two years, hence the move to Roma. Ukic = potential.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #9
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop1
Front Court is strong initially with Bosh and O'neal, but looks WEAK as hell behind those two

Humphries/Barges?

I dont think that looks weak. That even ignores the new project from down under who seems to have some game.

On the PG and SG side...

Agreed - some question marks.

It would be nice to have a upper 3rd of league tier SG to compliment the whol process but if wishes were actual trades...
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #10
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop1

I still don't mind Bargs and hum[fries comin' off the bench. Not even sure who will be the 5th atm...Cuz it's not Jawai is it?

And yeah, we could still use a nice 2-guard comin off the bench (come back Carlos!) it looks a little weak.

Oh well, we'll see. Hopefully BC can work some of his magic in the future.

U tell um Jballer..

Last edited by Too_Cool : 07-25-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
You need great guard play to win...even with a great front court. Jose needs to play great b/c the rest isn't that special at all.
Rondo/Cassell/House, that's all I need to say.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:38 PM   #12
BrownBaller
I airball my layups

BrownBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15

Ray Allen last time i checked was a guard..
BrownBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBaller
Ray Allen last time i checked was a guard..
Ray Allen disappeared until the finals. He was sporadic during the season and aweful in the first few rounds of the playoffs. Ask Celtics fans, they'll tell you.

Last edited by bokes15 : 07-25-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:48 PM   #14
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15

You just proved my point....especially since you left our Ray Allen, an all star...and Paul Pierce, who plays on the perimiter. Ray had tough stretches, but they won the title behind great guard play.

Please I hope your next example will be the Rocket's title teams.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan

You just proved my point....especially since you left our Ray Allen, an all star...and Paul Pierce, who plays on the perimiter. Ray had tough stretches, but they won the title behind great guard play.

Please I hope your next example will be the Rocket's title teams.
Ray Allen was not an all-star or even an all-star reserve until multiple injuries to players that were picked.. If you're gonna tell me Ray played like an all-star all season and playoffs then your anti-raptor blinders are on.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: