Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
RapsFan
Great college starter

Default What should I play first?

I just picked up some new games....at least new to me. I have never played any of them. I want to sink my teeth into them, but not all at once. So, which should I tackle first? All for the 360.

Assassin's Creed
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Gears of War
MLB 2K8

Obviously I can play 2K8 in amongst playing the others....so I guess it's more b/w the other 3. I have a simple mind so I can't handle playing all 3!
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Default Re: What should I play first?

Play Assassins Creed.

Save GoW for two player action.

Oblivion is terribad. That's just my opinion.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Play Assassins Creed.

Save GoW for two player action.

Oblivion is terribad. That's just my opinion.

Thanks man!

Oblivion is bad....hmmm...interesting. Wasn't it ranked one of the best 360 games of all time?
Old 08-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Gears of War is a pretty decent game…

regarding Oblivion, I personally don't like western RPG's so I have no comment on that game.

I've not played Assassins Creed but have heard good about it from fellows…

Gears of War 2 is coming soon as well so maybe look to play through before the Holidays.
Sonic R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I just picked up some new games....at least new to me. I have never played any of them. I want to sink my teeth into them, but not all at once. So, which should I tackle first? All for the 360.

Assassin's Creed
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Gears of War
MLB 2K8

Obviously I can play 2K8 in amongst playing the others....so I guess it's more b/w the other 3. I have a simple mind so I can't handle playing all 3!

Play Gears of War with a friend, it has a great co-op mode.

Assassin's Creed is a good game, but it is no where near as engrossing as Oblivion. I'd say play through Assassin's Creed a bit and then start playing Oblivion, because you probably won't be able to put it down once you start. Oblivion is like no game you have played before (unless you have played Morrowind :) )
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

Well I fired up Oblivion last night. Pretty nice so far. I didn't realize it was a first person format. For some reason I just assumed it was a Final Fantasy format. I am having trouble figuring out what race of character to play as.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #7
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

I think Oblivion is pretty fun, but I am a WoW nerd so what do I know
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #8
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

2K8
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

i only have one of those games (gears), but have always wanted to try the others. i just got my 360 back from repair for the rrod last night (only took a week) and gears was the first thing i felt like popping in.

i love how oblivion uses the first person format. 3rd person would still be cool. im all about rpgs with real time combat. can't do the turn-based thing.

really been wanting to check this game since i got a 360, but i never even finished zelda twilight princess and im worried another long winded rpg will just go to waste - i just get bogged down with the whole go here do this, now go back across the whole game and do this....

id say play gears though. pretty short single player mode, but being able to play through it with a friend is such a good feature.

the new one's supposed to have a mode where you and a friend team up against massive hordes of bad guys in an arena/traditional multiplayer type setting.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Thanks man!

Oblivion is bad....hmmm...interesting. Wasn't it ranked one of the best 360 games of all time?

Well, I prefer online PC MMO's... so for me... there is no reason to play Oblivion. I'm also not a huge fan of 1st person perspective games, even though that's all they seem to make anymore.

I mean, honestly, how many fukcin 1st person shooters are they going to make? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a little CoD4 online.... but there is 1st person action / shooter released every week these days.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:20 AM   #11
BlogOFfatman

People saying Oblivion sucks are dumbasses... they may not prefer it but to say it sucks because you cant play it simulaneously with 1 million other nerds stealing your sh*t is retarded.

Oblivision is a game that will take over your life if you let it, its amazing, explloring the world, searching dungeons, searching for weapons of epic proportions and the story is good as well.

Give Oblivion atleast 30 hours before deciding if you like it or not.

Its by far the best game out of the 4 you got by the way. Assassins Creed is good for about 2 hours but then you realize it the same sh*t over and over.

Gears of War is pretty but its like a hot blonde, very shallow.

MLB2K8 flat out sucks, but its the only option if you dont have a PS3.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:59 AM   #12
frayed knot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlogOFfatman
People saying Oblivion sucks are dumbasses... they may not prefer it but to say it sucks because you cant play it simulaneously with 1 million other nerds stealing your sh*t is retarded.

Oblivision is a game that will take over your life if you let it, its amazing, explloring the world, searching dungeons, searching for weapons of epic proportions and the story is good as well.

Give Oblivion atleast 30 hours before deciding if you like it or not.

Its by far the best game out of the 4 you got by the way. Assassins Creed is good for about 2 hours but then you realize it the same sh*t over and over.

Gears of War is pretty but its like a hot blonde, very shallow.

MLB2K8 flat out sucks, but its the only option if you dont have a PS3.

I like Oblivion , a heck of a lot, but it deserves the same criticism u gave assassin's creed.
frayed knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:11 AM   #13
Sicknote
National High School Star

Assassin's Creed is so damn repetetive.
Sicknote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:40 AM   #14
RapsFan
Great college starter

I am pretty engrossed in Oblivion, which you guys said would happen. It's nuts that I have played for nearly 10 hours and haven't even moved forward in the main quest yet. I am too busy fighting in the arena and becoming a member of the fighter's guild.

For those who have played, you can basically 'warp' all over the map. Do people do that, or do you travel to where you're going on your own?

I was a bit premature with my original list...so I don't have Assassin's Creed yet. It was a swap but I don't think it's going to happen anymore, and by the sounds of it, I shouldn't bother getting it? Are their any sweet 3rd person (turn based) RPGs for the 360 out there?
Old 08-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #15
Heretik32
Myrrh

Start with GoW, that's the shortest one. Spice it up with a game of MLB every once in a while.

Once you're finished with GoW, get to Assassin's. And then, if you got bunches of time left, start Oblivion.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: