Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 08-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far
Default Some Other Trade Ideas

None of them very sexy, but I think they have a chance of getting shorter contracts back and freeing up some positions.

(1) Send Mike Dunleavy Jr. and Jamal Tinsley to the LA Clippers for Tim Thomas, Cuttino Mobley and Josh Powell. Cuttino is still a solid player and could start so Brandon Rush could come off the bench in his rookie season. All contracts the Pacers receive are 1 year ones which saves them about $17M. Dunleavy has expressed interest in playing for his Dad in LA so this could work out. The Clippers need another ball handler and passer since Baron Davis is a shoot first type point guard. Davis, Dunleavy, Thornton, Camby and Kaman could make a nice line up.

(2) This maybe the only way to get rid of Murphy. Send Daniels, Murphy and Foster to the Grizzlies for Milicic, Jaric and Antoine Walker. Its basically a trading of bench players. The Grizz need a power forward and the Pacers needs to get rid of Murphy. The enticement is that Daniels and Foster are both expiring contracts which saves them about $23M. Their line up would be Conley, Mayo, Gay, Arthur and Murphy.

For the Pacers, yes, the get junk in return but basically for junk and salary cap slicing and dicing.

PG Ford - Jack - Diener
SG Mobley - Rush - Jaric
SF Granger - Thomas - Williams
PF Walker - Baston - Powell
C Hibbert - Nesterovic - Milicic
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
NBAItaliaaa08
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NBAItaliaaa08 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Some Other Trade Ideas

why would we want walker?
NBAItaliaaa08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:28 AM   #3
Maggot
Fear the deer

Maggot has decent reputation

indiana should start rasho :)

1) if you don't care what you get for Tinsley try to send him in cleveland for snow who's contract expires next year....in snow you'll have a good locker room presence :)

2) try and get josh smith...he doesn't wanna play in atlanta any more...they could sign and trade him to you for murphy...i can't see them getting something better then murphy in this situation, from any other team...

just imagine a fast break with smith, granger and ford...
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot

1) if you don't care what you get for Tinsley try to send him in cleveland for snow who's contract expires next year....in snow you'll have a good locker room presence :)

2) try and get josh smith...he doesn't wanna play in atlanta any more...they could sign and trade him to you for murphy...i can't see them getting something better then murphy in this situation, from any other team...

just imagine a fast break with smith, granger and ford...

Man i would love for Josh Smith to dawn an Indiana Jersey, since he never made it here the first time. But I dont think we have what it takes to get him right now, and by the time we do, we will end up with some else, allready in a big contract not producing for us prolly.
DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
Maggot
Fear the deer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoRadja40
Man i would love for Josh Smith to dawn an Indiana Jersey, since he never made it here the first time. But I dont think we have what it takes to get him right now, and by the time we do, we will end up with some else, allready in a big contract not producing for us prolly.

too bad...i would like to see indiana back where it belongs...in the playoffs....same as my bucks
Old 08-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

i like snow's defense but we're sorta stacked at the 1 spot.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:11 AM   #7
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i like snow's defense but we're sorta stacked at the 1 spot.
Snow wouldn't be playing ONE minute if he was traded to us. He'd be more of an assistant coach, but trust me, he wouldn't even suit up.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Snow wouldn't be playing ONE minute if he was traded to us. He'd be more of an assistant coach, but trust me, he wouldn't even suit up.

ah, come on, catz. he's a decent point. he can't shoot for crap though.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:05 PM   #9
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
ah, come on, catz. he's a decent point. he can't shoot for crap though.

No.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

what about...

1) Daniels, McRoberts and 2009 2nd Rounder for Wilcox

2) Murphy and 2010 for Dan Gadzuric (however you spell it) and Charlie V

Leave us with:

Ford/Jack
Dunleavy/Rush
Granger/Williams/Graham
Charlie V/Foster
Wilcox/Hibbert/Rasho
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:09 AM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
what about...

1) Daniels, McRoberts and 2009 2nd Rounder for Wilcox

Leave us with:

Ford/Jack
Dunleavy/Rush
Granger/Williams/Graham
Charlie V/Foster
Wilcox/Hibbert/Rasho
Wilcox isn't a C...

And wtf, PacerRaptor? You too good to participate in the elimination game?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:30 AM   #12
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Wilcox isn't a C...

And wtf, PacerRaptor? You too good to participate in the elimination game?
at 6'10" I think can he play C. He might be a bit undersized, but not by that much. How does the elimination game work
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:35 AM   #13
Maggot
Fear the deer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
what about...

you can take Charlie V for free...just take him
Old 08-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #14
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
you can take Charlie V for free...just take him

I keep hearing, well reading, this hatred of Charlie V by Bucks fans. Why? Sure he doesn't play defense, but who does anymore? Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's some All-Star player, but he's only 23 (I think) and put up some pretty big games last year.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
Maggot
Fear the deer

Quote:
maggot...why such a nasty username?

i like maggots, earthworms etc....i like how they crawl

Last edited by catzhernandez : 08-09-2008 at 07:37 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: