Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-01-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far
Default Massive Overreaction

Everybody on here is reacting as if the sky has fallen OR they're reacting like the witch is dead. Every second post is fire this guy / get rid of him. LeBron is awful and so is Wade, etc....

This team wasn't built to win the World's... US Basketball has never cared about the world champs... It cares about one thing... Olympic gold. And this team is being built to win the olympics.

At the 2008 Olympics players like Billups, Kobe, Redd, etc will all be available. Dwight Howard will be 2 years better, Oden will probably be on the team. The team will be stronger inside and have better shooters outside. In two years time you will be seeing an incredibly better team and the international teams won't be an better than they are now.

Over the past 10 years, the international teams have been getting better at a phenomenal rate but that rate is starting to slow and I predict that improvement around the world will start to stagnate over the next couple of years. This improvement was based around beating the USA. Now that they've done that... Who have they got to aim at? Teams will stop basing their entire games around stopping the americans and start thinking about beating the other europeans and the argentineans...

I think the US did pretty well for a team that had not spent much time together. After the americas qualifiers next year they will be a far tighter group, a group more than ready to win gold at 2008.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:50 AM   #2
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

What's Kobe going to do? He's the most selfish street baller in the league. How is he going to win in a team game?
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:52 AM   #3
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

The US team will not win a tournament again until the NBA goes with mostly international rules. The rules are just too different to adjust to in a couple of months. And these other squads have NBA level talent also, so the difference in individual ability is just not significant anymore.

The international teams don't have to change. The NBA NEEDS to change. It would be the best possible thing to come out of this.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:52 AM   #4
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semiprocappa
At the 2008 Olympics players like Billups, Kobe, Redd, etc will all be available. Dwight Howard will be 2 years better, Oden will probably be on the team. The team will be stronger inside and have better shooters outside. In two years time you will be seeing an incredibly better team and the international teams won't be an better than they are now.

People were saying the same **** after the 2004 olympics. What happened? Lebron, Wade and Carmello will be 2 years better. This time we won't have Iverson or Marbury. blah blah blah.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:59 AM   #5
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
What's Kobe going to do? He's the most selfish street baller in the league. How is he going to win in a team game?

He's a shooter. The US team only had one scorer out there half the time and that was Carmello.

Ohh... And the worst thing that the NBA could do is move towards international rules. The last thing we need is to have Reddick, Miller and a bunch of unathletic white jump shooters being the stars in the league. How the hell is that going to get people into the game? How do you sell that product? I'd rather see a LeBron dunk then a 14 foot jump shot from a 6'11 unathletic white stiff and I tell you what, 99.9% of viewers would agree with me.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:01 AM   #6
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
He's a shooter. The US team only had one scorer out there half the time and that was Carmello.

Ohh... And the worst thing that the NBA could do is move towards international rules. The last thing we need is to have Reddick, Miller and a bunch of unathletic white jump shooters being the stars in the league. How the hell is that going to get people into the game? How do you sell that product? I'd rather see a LeBron dunk then a 14 foot jump shot from a 6'11 unathletic white stiff and I tell you what, 99.9% of viewers would agree with me.

How old are you 12? The NBA has been turning into and1 for years, it's getting horrible.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:03 AM   #7
dak121
College superstar

Quote:

It's called basketball. If you want dunks 24/7 go watch an And1 mixtape. Nothing wrong with highlights but I prefer to see a good motion offense go to work like the Kings a few years ago, or some excellent team defense like the Pistons and Spurs have had.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:04 AM   #8
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

A shooter? He shoots like 44% and like 35% in three;s. That;s not all that good. Afraid to say.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:06 AM   #9
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

Why don't you check out the tv ratings. The NBA isn't very popular and guys like Kobe, LeBron are reasons why.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:10 AM   #10
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
Why don't you check out the tv ratings. The NBA isn't very popular and guys like Kobe, LeBron are reasons why.

If Stern ever got it and had the officials call the games straight this wouldn't be such an issue. Star treatment is the NBA's biggest problem by far. It needs to end.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:13 AM   #11
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

The dreadful NBA games and the unlikeable players are the problem.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:16 AM   #12
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

The NBA has always been about 1 on 1. That's why they banned zone defense to begin with. The NBA has always been about it's star players, It's Mikans, Wilts, Russells, Birds, Magics, Jordans, Shaqs, Kobes, Lebrons, Wades, etc....

How many non-american leagues have you watched. I'll tell you this, you watch one of them then switch back to the nba and you'll appreciate just how damn good americans have got it when it comes to basketball. The NBA is just so much better to watch.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:21 AM   #13
Prezwoodz
Kids at the park dunk on me

Prezwoodz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Exactly. These teams like Spain, Argentina etc.. are way better than the USA team for this version of the game. No one NBA player can make a difference. It is a team that needs to be accustomed to playing international ball together. Talent and athleticism will not win against these top teams in international basketball.
Prezwoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:23 AM   #14
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ....

Kobe might have the best FIBA game in the world. Add him and KG and you have gold. Plus make it like a real team and forget about egos. Play Kobe and KG 35 minutes.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:27 AM   #15
kumquat
College superstar

Quote:
The NBA has always been about 1 on 1. That's why they banned zone defense to begin with. The NBA has always been about it's star players, It's Mikans, Wilts, Russells, Birds, Magics, Jordans, Shaqs, Kobes, Lebrons, Wades, etc....

How many non-american leagues have you watched. I'll tell you this, you watch one of them then switch back to the nba and you'll appreciate just how damn good americans have got it when it comes to basketball. The NBA is just so much better to watch.

Let's have a look at your list of star players. Russell, Bird and Magic are 3 of the best team players of all time. Jordan and Shaq are the two most dominant players the game has seen who both still know what team ball is. Kobe has ridden Shaqs coat tails. Then you have Lebron and Wade.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: